• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comtech vrs. GroupM supercharger

The reason why Eaton supplies alot of OEM blowers is not just based on price. It's mainly based on quality and the fact they are 1 of 3 manufactors than can supply the demand(quanity) of an OEM part.

[This message has been edited by BADUBET (edited 12 April 2002).]

I thought I heard my name...
smile.gif

http://tmeekins.com/images/P0000544.jpg http://tmeekins.com/images/P0000545.jpg

[This message has been edited by tmeekins (edited 09 April 2002).]

The CT is a whipple type but not made by Whipple. Whipple blowers use Eaton superchargers. The CT is made by a company that is in Germany and starts w/ an L( just can't remember right now).

Sorta...the blower company is Scandanavian. I can't remember if in Norway or Sweden. That company name is pronounced "Louw-schwits" or "Louw-scomb" or something like that. Sorry, no correct spelling on hand. How good is this outfit? Mercedes bought into the company. Guess what car of theirs has this blower? Yup, the MB Kompressor.

Originally posted by AndyVecsey:
The CT is a whipple type but not made by Whipple. Whipple blowers use Eaton superchargers. The CT is made by a company that is in Germany and starts w/ an L( just can't remember right now).

Sorta...the blower company is Scandanavian. I can't remember if in Norway or Sweden. That company name is pronounced "Louw-schwits" or "Louw-scomb" or something like that. Sorry, no correct spelling on hand. How good is this outfit? Mercedes bought into the company. Guess what car of theirs has this blower? Yup, the MB Kompressor.

I believe it is Lysholm.

Originally posted by GruppeMUSA:
Guys,

Before you go knocking off the Gruppe M supercharger, aka "the wart," consider a few factoids about it:

1. It is the ONLY supercharger kit out there that includes ECU upgrades, which allows fuel (injector duty cycles, etc.) and timing management by electronics, not by crude mechanical means as the "other" SC or turbo kits do. More expensive, and more reliable technology. And its been standard issue on the Gruppe M kit since its inception, which was about the same time the CT kit was introduced several years ago.

2. It is the ONLY kit that includes OEM higher flowing injectors, that fit under the OEM fuel rails without modifications. Copied by others in their "higher boost" kits.

(snip)

A few comments based on recent news:

1. The BB SC design has eliminated the mechanical rising rate fuel pressure regulator. Part of this change includes a custom chip for the ECU.

2. The BB SC design now has higher flow injectors (RC Engineering 440 cc/min units). Still not OEM, but close enough for most people.

Bryan Zublin

------------------
Zublin Engineering
http://www.zublin.com

competition improves the breed.

Alex -- can you give us an update on the latest in the GMSC??
- intercooler - availability, performance, price
- current rwhp / rwt ?? a lot of HP bench-racing here, but we all know its really torque, right ??
- any new pricing / deals available ?

OK now that we've had several comments for both CT and GM, how about someone tell me why they think either is worth 2x what you'd pay for a BB, and still not get the installation thrown in?

------------------
1992 NSX

Back