• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Congrats to FXMD! They break the record again!

RYU

Legendary Member
Patron Supporter
Tech Expert
They just did a 1:37:520 today at Buttonwillow! Unbelievable. Hope to see a video soon.

(I'm not sure how "official" this time is but hopefully Ken will chime in)

Great driving Billy (stuntman)
Great engine tuning Jon (fastraxturbo)
Great job to the rest of the team!!!

1461830_484012758385721_1941778121_n.jpg

Jesus! Possibly one of the fastest street derived cars in the country? Congrats guys!!!

Tim - No, Shanghai car wasn't there. I was actually with Nick that wknd so I can verify the Shanghai car is still in pieces lol

Ryan - I think i'm just going to quit HAHA. Billy mentioned he did his personal best in his car (with NT05s!!!!!) 1:58.xxx. That is insane. I think that's equally as ridiculous of an accomplishment. I've got a long way to go with my 2:10... :(

Ryan - I think i'm just going to quit HAHA. Billy mentioned he did his personal best in his car (with NT05s!!!!!) 1:58.xxx. That is insane. I think that's equally as ridiculous of an accomplishment. I've got a long way to go with my 2:10... :([/QUOTE]

Ha! No need to quit. Just keep pushing! I bet if you had Billy as an instructor for one day you would cut 5 seconds off of your time. I'm going to try to meet his 1:58 one day (albeit on R comps). I think I seriously need to replace my blown out diff to get any quicker. It's hard to put the stock power down anymore. Billy mentioned that I should get a softer rear sway bar like the Zanardi bar. I'm currently on the SOS 1" hollow bar.

^^ I just sourced a Zanardi for myself, im running the .895 dali rear now. I just need to work up the courage to take my car apart again so I can fix the bugs and get back out there. I'm putting a passenger seat in finally maybe its time I start to consider instruction too. : /

I've ceased all the mods on my car as of this year. Tempting to buy an OSG diff as Billy recommended but i'm going to push the limits with my setup first like Ryan has. Will continue the longevity mods though but no more go fast bits for me for a while :) Easier said than done! haha

Hope to see you guys out there soon!

I think thats faster. The JGTC cars are limited to 300hp and 500hp depending on class, they also have weight restriction they have to be above. Their advantage is they can move suspension pick up points 3 inches from factory which results in more mechanical grip than the stock suspension design that the FXMD has.

Last edited:
I think JGTC is sort of like spec racing. It's fun seeing them compete because they're more closely matched. The thing I like about Unlimited TA is almost anything goes. It's like Pike's Peak. Tough to do an apples to apples comparison.

Seemed like a great day to break records though. It was nice and cool. Engine was probably building a lot of power and staying cool. The dense air means more downforce. I wonder if top speed suffered though. Maybe not considering the 1:37 and Billy's PB 1:58.

I'll have a chat with Jon soon. Eager to pick his brain. He's a wealth of knowledge that guy!

I want to see the Esprit NSX and the FXMD NSX on the same track. EPIC!

Last edited:
I would fly to Australia just to watch that at WTA!

I would argue that the areo on the FX car is as close to top notch as you can get without having auto manufacture money and wind tunnel access. Where the testing are money on Jgtc cars are paying dividends is in the under body aero. Its not as obvious as the wings you see up top but it creates more the majority of the downforce and is by far the hardest pieces to test and manufacture. In fact the Mugen NSX undertray is still 'classified'-- as in, Honda wont let anyone take pictures or even print anything about it.

Thanks guys!

I'm not sure if it was the best day for breaking records since our tires never got up to temp (and were 50* from operating temp). I think street tires may have lasted longer before overheating but I'm not sure if the 59* track temps were ideal.

quick reflexes.......congratulations....and yes those cold temps would only make your job harder.

Back