• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Considering car built by NSX Modified

Re: SUPERCHARGER FRAUD-LARRY GARCIA/NSX MODIFIED/BRAD SWISHER

atatexan said:
Are there any updates to this story? I am considering a car that was modified by NSX Modified. Perhaps I should consider it no longer?

Well, I can't comment on the vehicle, and I haven't heard so much as a peep or post about Larry in years... but hey, I have an original NSX Modified Sticker in yellow, and I was keeping it for my NSX failed vendor sticker collection but I've never been able to track down an ACR Motorsports one to match... so in the event you decide to go with it.. well, it would seem only fitting that you should receive it.

atatexan said:
Are there any updates to this story? I am considering a car that was modified by NSX Modified. Perhaps I should consider it no longer?

As for any used car, a THOUROUGH pre-purchased inspection would be in order. I'd most def do one if the car had been through the doors of that shop. See this post for reference.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66954&highlight=modified

Sorry lil off topic, but speaking of NSX Prime vendors....... I was hoping to dine at "Stick E Rice" in Denver before I move back to california. Any idea when that restuarant will reopen????

KooLaid said:
Sorry lil off topic, but speaking of NSX Prime vendors....... I was hoping to dine at "Stick E Rice" in Denver before I move back to california. Any idea when that restuarant will reopen????

Sept 1.:biggrin:

Well since my "estimated" move date is august, I guess I will need to be dining in "Laguna Niguel" :)

Are they like tearing down the building next door or something? I think I recall like big cranes next door.........

What this is about is that I WAS looking at a seemingly beautiful SC NSX appearing in AutoTrader. I found out that the SC installation and service (car isn't used much) was all done at NSX Modified. After reading these various posts, I would touch that pretty car with a barge pole. The poor seller :eek:

Thank you one and all for the help. NSX Prime truly rocks.

atatexan said:
What this is about is that I WAS looking at a seemingly beautiful SC NSX appearing in AutoTrader. I found out that the SC installation and service (car isn't used much) was all done at NSX Modified. After reading these various posts, I would touch that pretty car with a barge pole. The poor seller :eek:

Thank you one and all for the help. NSX Prime truly rocks.

It seems the consensus is this mechanic was good with the nsx, but ripped a number of owners off along the way - if the supercharger was installed by this shop, but has had no problems over a fair amount of time it wouldn't necessarily eliminate it as a possibility, it *could* be one of the good ones, just be a bit cautious during the PPI if the car is clean.

A bit suprising to see him mentioning the car was serviced by a now-defunct shop, if it was serviced by these people, who apparently dissapeared in 2003, who has serviced it (if anyone) since 2003?

He is apparently a wealthy individual selling the car through his detailer. The car as accumulated virtually no miles since the SC was installed so only routine service has been done. It looks very good in the photos and has a clean carfax.

Who would you get to see if it was all put together correctly???

atatexan said:
He is apparently a wealthy individual selling the car through his detailer. The car as accumulated virtually no miles since the SC was installed so only routine service has been done. It looks very good in the photos and has a clean carfax.

Who would you get to see if it was all put together correctly???

In SoCal? The only shop that comes to mind, for a F/I nsx, would be autowave:
http://www.autowaveinc.com

Perhaps call them and explain the situation, then see what their recommendation is... Maybe go a bit beyond the typical PPI, with a leak down test and perhaps a dyno run (primarily to check AFR) if the current owner is willing to consent.

So you like these AutoWave folks? I will give them a call. Thanks, Scorp. This is all a little like a CSI episode.

atatexan said:
So you like these AutoWave folks? I will give them a call. Thanks, Scorp. This is all a little like a CSI episode.

Apparently they have earned quite a few fans, and have very good ratings here on prime as far as their work goes. Proven time and time again, can't go wrong!:wink:

Thanks again, Brandon. By the way you have a beautiful car; I looked at your photo gallery. That console is fantastic. Who made it?

Back