• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

convertible NSX?

I just recently purchased a '92 Red/Black in absolute mint condition. So far I've run into about a dozen people who think it's either convertible or targa. I think it's because of the black roof. Has anyone else had this experience?

Congrats on your purchase. I personnel have not had anyone think my 91 was a convertable or targa.

I think it is pretty clear with my 97-T due to the fact the top is neven on.

97-T @ 14K

greenapple,

Tell us about your car! How many miles? Etc? If you don't mind, how much did you pay and where did you find it?

I'm always interested in hearing stories about new purchases.

Welcome.

-Jim

------------------
1991 NSX Blk/Blk
1974 Vette 454 4 spd
Wht/Blk

I've had people ask me about my "convertible". When I tell them I don't have a convertible, they say, "Oh, I heard you had a sports car and I guess I figured it was a convertible."

Those comments do NOT come from enthusiasts.
smile.gif

It's a one-owner '92 with less than 10,000 miles on it....completely stock with new timing belt and a set of yokos. I found it in NYC and paid quite a bit for it. As far as I'm aware of, it's not in the snap-ring failure range. Haven't check the window regulators yet. The only thing wrong with it is the driver's side speaker/amp but I'm considering upgrading it with aftermarket system. Hope this works...
View

[This message has been edited by greenapple (edited 15 March 2001).]

Beautiful car. Take off the front license plate frame :)

Remember that your car is 10 years old. Spend some serious time going over it, checking for any cracking plastic and rubber. Coolant hoses have known to burst with age.

Congrats! Your car looks GREAT!

------------------
Chris Willson
www.ScienceofSpeed.com
www.NSXClassifieds.com

fyi. There's a water pump recall that might include coolant hose replacement. Can't remember if it applied to '92s and I'm too lazy to look, but it worked for my '91.

I too get asked if the top comes off my '92. Hmm must be strange.. do you also get the same complement as I do..

IS that BRAND NEW? hehe..

Enjoy..

Originally posted by bill:
fyi. There's a water pump recall that might include coolant hose replacement. Can't remember if it applied to '92s and I'm too lazy to look, but it worked for my '91.
Hey Bill where can I find out more info on this recall. I haven't heard anything about it. Thanks.

Hey Bill where can I find out more info on this recall.

In the FAQ. Under "Troubleshooting", look for the section entitled "Cooling (inc. Hose RECALL)".

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 17 March 2001).]

Originally posted by bill:

when I took my '92 in last week they didnt mention anything about it.. they charged me $1800 for all the belts, new waterpump, New Oil Pan Gasket, Oil change, new Spark Plugs, Flushed the radiator, Ajust the valves, new Fuel Filter, new air Fliter, and diagnostics/inspection on the car. Hmm I wonder if that applied to me?

Hmm I wonder if that applied to me?

It only applies to the '91 NSX, not your '92, and only to certain VIN's (as listed in the FAQ).

Back