• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Cost of a New Paint Job

Hi everyone...just curious about the cost of re-painting a car that I'm interested in purchasing to a new color....

Has anyone done this , and is there

1) Someone in Toronto (Markham preferably) that does good body work
2) The approximate cost...

Any responses are greatly appreciated...

If we are talking about an NSX this question is so different from car to car specially depending on what you want, change color or repaint all either way it’s a colossal job to do, not many Mr bodyshop can do the job it’s time-consuming and time is money.

Shops will always say ya ya... I can do it just do get your do$ but beware their a handfull of garage who can do it well in a artistic way, perfectionist who will start over again again and again untill parts are in a proper way, don’t forget this is a exotic car we talking about no price tag can’t be placed on this.

1) you need to see the car in real not on pix
2) who will repaint it or the person in back of the paint gun talk with him check is skills, it can’t be done by corners Jo bodyshop
3) be ready to spend for a NSX no small budget only money pit

My recommandation is to find a bodyshop honest enought to adjust price per hours $50-$65/h and as a good history for is work in the community.

Have fun doing your project that’s the important

Last edited:
There is only one I know who personally did parts of my car - Legendary Motor Car............and YES, you get what you pay for and you'll never regret it but not in Markam but what difference does it make, you'll be without a car for a few weeks if done right

IN Markham on Heritage Drive there is a place called KKT. He is really good, old guy. I've seen him do ferrari's and lambos, p cars and what not. He is really good but also really pricey. His Name is Jack. PM me if you need more info.

Just in paint and coat depend on what type you use the cost can go as fare as 2.5k+tx, so if you painting 4-5 layers of paint + 4-5 layers of coat its expencive.

The days when you pay 500.00 bucks for a can of paint is history.

MiTek in Kitchener has painted several. I've seen 2 in there and there work is exceptional. As was said, it won't be cheap but you will get what you pay for.

ABM Auto Center.

They painted my nsx 6 years ago and a many members have seen my car and can tell you it's perfect. John has felt with nsx's since the 90's. Owns one and has owned many. He knows how to deal with aluminum properly, that's the key.

It really depends on what you want to do. The cost can vary from 3k to 8k for a complete paint job. I just got mine done two months ago and it took the shop 6wks to complete their work. You can pm if you need the contact of the shop, they are just located in Thornhill.

I called a few places and the least amount is 5k and could run up to 10k for a 'proper' job...I was thinking of buying another color and painting black but I don't think it's the right decision...prb easier just to wait until the right one comes along...

Thanks again everyone for your help...I have book marked all of the above vendors just in case I need work done eventually :)

Hi everyone...just curious about the cost of re-painting a car that I'm interested in purchasing to a new color....

Has anyone done this , and is there

1) Someone in Toronto (Markham preferably) that does good body work
2) The approximate cost...

Any responses are greatly appreciated...
Might be cheaper to find another car in the color you want and buy it. maybe upgrade at the same time.

I had mine painted in Calgary by Maranello - roof and all - plus I had added a front and rear lower valance. The cost was $13,000. Hope that helps.

Seriously guys, it's a 20 year old Honda. $13K? No offense, but that's insanity.

$2K for a basic spray, $5-6K for a really good job.

Good paint is in the prep. It only takes a few hours to actually spray, but many dozens of hours to properly prep.

If you're shopping and picky about colour, just wait it out. Better to have factory paint for a lots of reasons, especially for a common colour like black.

Seriously guys, it's a 20 year old Honda. $13K? No offense, but that's insanity.

Good paint is in the prep. It only takes a few hours to actually spray, but many dozens of hours to properly prep.

If you're shopping and picky about colour, just wait it out. Better to have factory paint for a lots of reasons, especially for a common colour like black.

+1

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Depending on what entails in the paint case by case, engine out, jams, panel removal etc etc I can see this number higher.

In main response to your comment some shops do what I call "A numbers" job and it come out fantastic for a lower price around 2500 to 3500, you do pay for what you get. Researching shops and doing in person visits to get a feel can ultimately decide on who is perfect. In my years of being around friends and acquaintances there are a lot of crooks and half assed shops that propose dreams to get your money. I know I was a victim.

You can always wrap the whole car. Keeps the orignal paint intact if you need to resell in the future.

Thats 2800-4000. Let me know if you need contacts.

Back