• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Could this be an NSX - R?

Hi. I am supporting a French NSX buyer in finding him a good vehicle. We have come accross a 1994 NSX that is claimed to be an R, also according to the US paperwork. There are several question marks that points in the direction that this cannot be an "R".
The car is originallyclaimed to be imported from Japan to a Honda dealer in Santa Monica in 1994. The car is equipped with "normal" seats, steering wheel, sound system, air con and gear shifter. The car is also a right hand drive. Still the owner claims it's an R. Could this be true?
I know there where made some NSX-R's for the Japanese with options like stereo, aircon etc but they should still have signs of being an R I guess.

Anyone who can help clarify?

The dashboard is just like an ordinary NSX. My friend has asked for the VIN number of the car. How it giot imported I don't know. My guess is that there has been a mix up with the paper work. Hopefully the VIN nr. will clarify

Regular nsx.

How can it claimed to be RHD when pictures clearly shows LHD? Like a normal NSX.

Also, looks like it is a 1993, judging by the arm rest console. Only the 1993 year had the split style...

my 96 has the same two compartment armrest...

docJohn
RPM217

sorry, let me clarify - the two compartment with the NSX badge on the smaller compartment was a Model-Year:1993 feature.
You're both absolutely correct, the two compartment design, with badge omitted is common place 1994-onward.
The 1991 and 1992 cars had one long arm rest with badge.

Last edited:
Back