• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Couple Questions after 2 weeks

After two weeks of owning this car, I love it. It's the best/most enjoyable car I've ever owned.

Couple questions...

- Engine compartment glare. When looking in the rear view mirror, I see a lot of glare reflecting from the carbon fiber engine covers. Kinda annoying. Would tinting the windows help with the glare?

- Planning a road trip to Vegas next month. A work convention I'm attending just happens to be during the same time as NSXPO. I think it would be fun to drive the NSX instead of fly, and maybe attend a few of the NSXPO events. Haven't driven NSX on freeways much. What mode do you guys use for long-distance driving? Sport? Quiet? What mode gets the best fuel economy?

- Hotel parking. I'll be staying at the Wynn Hotel. Not sure if I should valet park or park it myself in a strategic spot in their structure. Would do you guys do? I remember watching a hotel valet the Palms hotel in Vegas rip the chin spoiler off a Maserati GranTurismo once. That thought keeps haunting me when I think about valet parking.

- Lock beep. All my other cars beep when I lock the car via the remote. The NSX doesn't. I don't see a setting for that in the infotainment settings. Am I doing it wrong?

1. Don't really have this issue, so can't comment on tint.
2. I use Sport for highway driving, rarely use Quiet mode and only for city use. Since you won't be using EV mode on the highway, both should net similar fuel consumption, but I find Sport has better throttle response.
3. No way would I give the key to a valet, especially since the car doesn't have a valet mode. If you do decide to valet the car, install a dash cam. Even with that, unless the valet damages the car, I doubt you can get any compensation if he does end up abusing the car.
4. Like any Honda system, push the lock button twice to get the beep confirmation. Make sure nothing is open (doors, hatch, hood).

Hmmm. Neither of you have glare from the engine covers in your rearview mirror? Strange.

Will probably park myself at the hotel.

Never owned a Honda before. Push twice to beep. Thanks.

I have the regular engine covers, not the CF ones. There is a bit of reflection at times, but not too bad.

After two weeks of owning this car, I love it. It's the best/most enjoyable car I've ever owned.

- Planning a road trip to Vegas next month. A work convention I'm attending just happens to be during the same time as NSXPO. I think it would be fun to drive the NSX instead of fly, and maybe attend a few of the NSXPO events. ?

NSXPO is in September in San Francisco

I went for a drive today and noticed the glare on the engine lid. I have 20% tint on mine, I believe tint actually makes glare worse. Although this isn't an issue as I never even though about it until reading this post.

I just park it all over normally and I find that is the best way to be left alone. I hand pull in the side mirrors, however.
People are respectful but like to take pictures.

Well, got the windows tinted today. And as Extreme mentioned above, the tinted rear cabin window actually makes the glare worse. Doh! Oh well. Not much I can do about it.

As for parking, it can be stressful. The NSX is semi daily-driver for me, so I park it lots of places. The width of the car makes it problematic to begin with, then factor in how long the doors are, and the fact that you must open the doors almost all the way to actually get out of the car, and you practically need to have an empty parking spot adjacent to you.

Back