• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CRAIGS LISTING: Limited Alex Zanardi Edition 99 Acura NSX

Found on Craigs List this AM.

[email protected]

Limited Alex Zanardi Edition 99 Acura NSX - $59999 (mesa)

Date: 2012-01-28, 9:10PM MST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

i'm finally selling my beloved Acura NSX Alex Zanardi edition with 38K original miles. do the research. there were ONLY 50 MADE AND WAS ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE YEAR 1999. this is a special model built for pure speed. this model weighs 150lbs light than a regular NSX. special rims and interior for this particular model. each model is indivisually numbered. this model in stock condition goes from 0-60 in 4.9 seconds. with the included comptech supercharger, expect 0-60 in the low 4s. there are $30000 in upgrades including comptech racing clutch, comptech supercharger, comptech exhaust system. all mods were tastfully modified. i also got JDM foglights on this car. the US models don't even have this as an option. was only available for the Asian and European markets. the foglights are original OEM parts and not aftermarket. also got a JDM custom hood that makes this NSX different from all other. haven't seen one like this anywhere. i have the original hood as well. upon purchase, you'll also get a full set of BRAND NEW TIRES that are not yet mounted. you can mount these when the others wear out. i also have an original car cover, upgraded mp3 cd changer that is compatible with the original BOSE unit. there is too much to list so call. THIS CAR STILL BLUE BOOKS @ 57K, EXCLUDING THE 30K IN UPGRADES. no dreamers, free joy rides, and no trades. firm on price. check the blue book for this car without all the extras. NO EMAILS, NO EXCEPTIONS!!! ALL EMAILS WILL BE DELETED!!! call or text 480628218three. finally uploaded pics. hope it was worth the wait...

I'd have money on this being one of the ragged out Zanardis that's been well documented here.

yeah its has to be the same one. its ragged out if i remember correctly

I would pay 25K for it

IF he returned it to stock.

and the fact that he doesnt want any e-mails so people cant tell him how they feel LOL

Last edited:
Taken from a thread on this car if this is truly #41:

"Carfax shows how usfull it really is again.

After digging a bit more on this car I was sent this e-mail from one of the NSXCA Florida chapter guys.

-
This car has had problems.

1) Damaged at a track event at Sebring, right rear quarter panel and bumper replaced and repainted.
2) Tranny problems (currently has the stock 6-speed)....has been worked on by Orlando Acura dealer who refused warranty work because of presence of supercharger."

wow he forgets to mention the wreck it was involved in at the track.

but..... his price is firm and no joy riders, free floaters, gold diggers, hippies, line dancers, ricers, gamblers, or old women

and ALL e-mails will be deleted, cuz he doesnt want to be bothered by
any questions about the car. I doubt he would even return your text.

To be fair to the seller/owner... I have personally seen the car and it doesn't look like it was in a severe accident and the panel alignment appeared good.
He did need to get the paint corrected as it looked like shit by my standards.

The seller didn't come off in person the way he does in his advertisement, although his ad is lousy and presents a standoff-ish attitude.

I listened to the engine run at various RPMs and it didn't hiccup or display any weirdness that you would hear in a rough motor. I did not drive the car, just checked it out so that I could post up my inspection here for others to consider.

I'm not defending the history of the vehicle, the price, the seller, or otherwise... the guy is obviously stuck with the car in a depressed economy, probably frustrated, and has an inflated idea of what he thinks its worth in the market which is entirely his problem to solve. Its obvious that an informed Primer will probably not buy this Zanardi unless the seller drops the price significantly. Let the open market have at it, eventually he will get the clue that his car isn't going to bring 60K in today's market.

i love prime. thank you for the info redWings.

To be fair to the seller/owner... I have personally seen the car and it doesn't look like it was in a severe accident and the panel alignment appeared good.
He did need to get the paint corrected as it looked like shit by my standards.

The seller didn't come off in person the way he does in his advertisement, although his ad is lousy and presents a standoff-ish attitude.

I listened to the engine run at various RPMs and it didn't hiccup or display any weirdness that you would hear in a rough motor. I did not drive the car, just checked it out so that I could post up my inspection here for others to consider.

I'm not defending the history of the vehicle, the price, the seller, or otherwise... the guy is obviously stuck with the car in a depressed economy, probably frustrated, and has an inflated idea of what he thinks its worth in the market which is entirely his problem to solve. Its obvious that an informed Primer will probably not buy this Zanardi unless the seller drops the price significantly. Let the open market have at it, eventually he will get the clue that his car isn't going to bring 60K in today's market.

i love prime. thank you for the info redWings.

I love my hot wife, Prime is way cool too :cool:

Prime was instrumental in helping me end a daily 5+ year search for the right NSX and continues to provide ownership insight, education, and a few laughs.

The site exists because we help each other, just a contribution in that spirit and I like checking out NSXs, its an old habit now...

You just gotta love this list and all the guys that do research when an important car like #41 comes up with a pricetag that is - "who knew" - high... so our boys start digging and coming up with the tale - wow - that's all I can say. You guys are the best investigators ever. One day I'd like to have a Zanardi - but will most likely settie for a 2002 or later. Not that that is really "settling". They are great cars - I miss that sound from the exhaust and VTEC everyday!

Great stuff guys! I'm sure the OP is not too happy here - too bad isn't it. That a Zanardi is mistreated and ends up with damage and an SC - that's enough to make one move on down the road if he is a serious collector or a purist!

Adios muchachos....keep up the good work!

Red's wife is hot! I have seen her! In fact, I was over at his house with her one day while Red Wings was out of town....was there to tint the windows on Red's truck.....ya, right!

I love my hot wife, Prime is way cool too :cool:

Prime was instrumental in helping me end a daily 5+ year search for the right NSX and continues to provide ownership insight, education, and a few laughs.

The site exists because we help each other, just a contribution in that spirit and I like checking out NSXs, its an old habit now...

Last edited:
Back