• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

crashed Lambo at 401/Bayview

Time for an engine swap into an NSX!!!!

I wonder why they'd take the plates unless they weren't registered to that vehicle. But again, to abandon your Lambo? Unless he's got a suspended lisence, or on probation for a vehicle related charge.

Inquiring minds want to know! :biggrin:

Guy must have been smashed or f-ed-up on drugs - its not like the plates are the only thing identifying who the owner is, like the ownership in the glovebox, or the VIN!

But realistically, there are SOOOOO many grey 08 Lambos with red interiors in Toronto - How will the cops EVER find the guy?:rolleyes:

Guy must have been smashed or f-ed-up on drugs - its not like the plates are the only thing identifying who the owner is, like the ownership in the glovebox, or the VIN!

But realistically, there are SOOOOO many grey 08 Lambos with red interiors in Toronto - How will the cops EVER find the guy?:rolleyes:

haha that was my first thought

This is a scam - yes, the car was crashed and it belongs to the Dealer in Montreal who was here driving it. The car is not registered in Ontario and all Lambo's are tracable and they know exactly who all the owners are (unlike the NSX where there are hundreds of cars that trade hands often). I'm told even if you want to buy one you have to "qualify". Apparently the guy lost it and crashed, took off the plates and made it appear as if it were stolen. I spoke to my friend who has a Daiblo and knows all the dealers and head Lambo guys in Italy.........guess it was all over the news and various forums which is what the crazy dealer wanted. Police are aware of the dealer and although it looks like the guy just crashed and dashed - not necessarily true..........but it was a good story. Sounds the same as the guy who wrote off the Enzo a while back........did the same thing and the story ended the same way.......could be a trend - when's this gonna happen to the NSX?

Are you sure about that? I was under the understanding that this is the LP640 that was listed at Prestige Toys in Toronto. It was likely stolen and taken for a joyride and was probably never plated to begin with.

The enzo case was quite an entertaining and very unique situation with many plot twists and interesting characters, massive fraud, handguns, fake homeland security guys, Deitrich etc ;-)

This one sounds like a much more straightforward theft (or perhaps DUI).

Are you sure about that? I was under the understanding that this is the LP640 that was listed at Prestige Toys in Toronto. It was likely stolen and taken for a joyride and was probably never plated to begin with.

If it was running on a dealer plate it would make sense that the guy took it off considering it was likely in a bag on the rear latch.

Prestige Toys - Nothing Shady about them:rolleyes:

That's what I'm told as my friend knows the Montreal Dealer and knew his car.....I guess the Lambo guys talk just like the NSX guys, only fewer conversations as they don't need to list 'sightings", etc.......:smile:. Still, to smash it up and leave it.....hmmmm, make you wonder.

I guess the Lambo guys talk just like the NSX guys, only fewer conversations as they don't need to list 'sightings", etc.......:smile:.

I'm sure lambo guys are like us, only they have more celebrities. We just have Stu.
:smile:

I'm sure lambo guys are like us, only they have more celebrities. We just have Stu.
:smile:

And you're damn lucky that although yesterday my wife said she REALLY liked my friends new murcielago and she'd understand if I wanted one; I just don't have the garage space to keep it, her new Harley, and my NSX:wink:

Wait! I could sell the NSX!:biggrin:

No, I wouldn't give Dave the satisfaction!:wink:

Stu.......park it here as you know I have the 6 car garage and even though all spots are taken, I could park the 300ZX outside since it's not moved for 8 years, or move the dirt bikes into the dirt. It would look nice with my friends Diablo in my driveway - so as long as you leave the keys I could move it around. Let me know.........

Stu.......park it here as you know I have the 6 car garage and even though all spots are taken, I could park the 300ZX outside since it's not moved for 8 years, or move the dirt bikes into the dirt. It would look nice with my friends Diablo in my driveway - so as long as you leave the keys I could move it around. Let me know.........

Yeah, and you;d take it for oil changes and gas fill-ups for me too, I'm sure:rolleyes:

Yeah, and you;d take it for oil changes and gas fill-ups for me too, I'm sure:rolleyes:

Hey it would be perfectly safe at Shawna's. Aside from some rims falling on it, and the occassional scratch from a Hog's pedal going down the side. Perfectly safe. :biggrin:

FTI - it was not from my HOG, it was my dirt bike with the pricky pegs:biggrin: Get the story straight, will ya!

That's what I'm told as my friend knows the Montreal Dealer and knew his car.....I guess the Lambo guys talk just like the NSX guys, only fewer conversations as they don't need to list 'sightings", etc.......:smile:. Still, to smash it up and leave it.....hmmmm, make you wonder.

well some of that is correct
the car originally came from Montreal, but has been sitting at Prestige Toys for months now

Back