• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Crazy lady sings on Britains Got Talent 2009

<object width="464" height="376"><param name="movie" value="http://embed.break.com/NzAyOTc0"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://embed.break.com/NzAyOTc0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess=always width="464" height="376"></embed></object><br><font size=1><a href="http://www.break.com/index/susan-boyle-stuns-crowd-with-epic-singing.html">Susan Boyle Stuns Crowd with Epic Singing</a> - Watch more <a href="http://www.break.com/">Funny Videos</a></font>

:eek: Man I sure wasn't expecting that either.
HQ Version with better sound available here

I am confused as to why you suggest this is a "crazy lady"?:confused:

Crazy? Crazy GOOD I'd say. With training she'd be fantastic.

In fact, I'm really moved. What a way to start my day.

Thanks for posting that.

Last edited:

If I wrote "don't judge a book by its cover" doubt you guys would be as surprised. Thought I'd get more views with the thread title the way I put it. And I'm sure most of the audience was thinking the same thing. Her singing really caught me off guard and wanted to make sure it'd be the same way for you guys. It was pleasantly surprising and I love underdog scenarios so I thought I'd share.

She's great. She reminds me of the female version of Paul Potts from 2007. Very moving.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DelJrP3P7tA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DelJrP3P7tA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I didn't think this lady was crazy for a second. She has an awesome personality and I could see it in her that she was going to surprise the crap out of everybody. I gave her a hell yea! :biggrin:

If I wrote "don't judge a book by its cover" doubt you guys would be as surprised. Thought I'd get more views with the thread title the way I put it. And I'm sure most of the audience was thinking the same thing. Her singing really caught me off guard and wanted to make sure it'd be the same way for you guys. It was pleasantly surprising and I love underdog scenarios so I thought I'd share.
:rolleyes:

Saw this yesterday, it's posted on the (currently) last page of the "delete" thread.

She's good, I think it was a great choice of song.

Crazy because people judge a cover by it's book whether they care to admit it or not. Crazy because her statements of her dreams and wishes on stage before she began to sing were so enormous that no body there would believe she could reach them. I mean come on, she wants to be a Celine Dion..... that's one hell of a crazy goal coming from a 47 year old amateur singer. But as usual, that show manages to crank out some amazing talent from the least likely sources.

Get off your high horses.

Crazy because people judge a cover by it's book whether they care to admit it or not.

Sad but true. Lots of folks out there with genuine talent. But because they don't have a marketable image (unibrow, 3 eyes, no teeth, whatever); we end up with sub par synthesized and barely talented shams like Jessica and Ashely Simpson (to use as an example). It even crosses over into acting and sports. Lots of hype and a marketable look with no real talent.

"Crazy, an unlikely surprise result w/ an unique singer on..."

Crazy because people judge a cover by it's book whether they care to admit it or not.
That's known as being stereotypical & generalizing. The phenomenon all-in-all may be crazy or wack, but def' not the individual(s). . .

KooLaid said:
Crazy because her statements of her dreams and wishes on stage before she began to sing were so enormous that no body there would believe she could reach them. I mean come on, she wants to be a Celine Dion..... that's one hell of a crazy goal coming from a 47 year old amateur singer.
That's known as being far-reaching & unrealistic, but of-course if she lacked the talent/skill. However, she was well-versed & cognizant w/ her ability/potential, hence the ambitious claim. . .

The way the thread was titled & the way the word "crazy" was used in context, it implied someone (her) w/ compromised insight, lack of sanity, and/or diminished mental-awareness. Not much more to it. Half a dozen people here thought the same (why is she crazy?), and questioned it. That's all.

K'... Man, you wanna see true "crazy", check-it:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TJLOGI2Odc

KooLaid said:
Get off your high horses.
All this has nothing to do w/ being on a soap-box or a holier than thou attitude/outlook. Those asking for further affirmation & reasoning behind the use of a word all of a sudden puts them on a "high horse"... :confused:

That's a first for me. . .

Regardless, jordansx stated that the intent was to be sensationalist & arouse attention/interest towards the thread. A fair reply that I'm sure many here are content w/. Further clarification was being asked for by many (ie. did we miss something in the vid' or is there more to it?), not a critique/chastisement of why such a word was used. . .

Last edited:
Re: "Crazy, an unlikely surprise result w/ an unique singer on..."

Regardless, jordansx stated that the intent was to be sensationalist & arouse attention/interest towards the thread. A fair reply that I'm sure many here are content w/. Further clarification was being asked for by many (ie. did we miss something in the vid' or is there more to it?), not a critique/chastisement of why such a word was used. . .

Exactly my intent: to arouse and stir up attention towards my thread. I was setting up and priming the viewer for a similar initial reaction that much of the audience in the video also shared. The unlikely surprise would then have a greater effect... Or at least that was my initial thought process.

My threads tend to die out fairly quickly and so far my "high horse" title has been working wonderfully. However, I should of made my intent clear in my initial post. I didn't mean to offend anyone and I'm terribly sorry if I did so.

Edited: Osiris_x11: thanks for pointing that out to me. not really sure how that happened.

Last edited:
Perhaps it might be a good time to quote myself as I put this into the delete thread yesterday:

I tend to root for the underdog. If you do, too, then here’s a wonderful story.

Who here is so cynical that they could say anything bad about this lady? Go to this site and watch the video. It will make you feel good.

Then I gave a linkie to the fan website (already!) that has more backstory and presumably will carry subseqent performances:

http://www.susan-boyle.com/

The video plays like a movie in miniature. Smirks and dismissiveness at the beginning, shock in the middle, complete triumph in the end.

Thank you for that.. She was just amazing, gave me goose-bumps. Completely reminded me of Paul Potts but I like her better because of her personality.

And that judge, whoever she is.. She's HOT HOT HOT!

niM

Apparently she's never been kissed... that's what the title of some youtube video and articles I read... kind of sad.

Me guessing because of the cat statement and frazzled hair.

simpsons_CrazyCatLady.gif

Everything I read says she's never had a boyfriend and never been kissed. But then why is she wearing a big ass ring on her wedding finger? :confused:

It's good to see you guys like the "Got Talent" shows.... America's Got Talent paid for my 02 front end conversion! whoo hooo. There's no biz like show biz.

Everything I read says she's never had a boyfriend and never been kissed. But then why is she wearing a big ass ring on her wedding finger? :confused:

To keep all those young studs off her!!

Re: "Crazy, an unlikely surprise result w/ an unique singer on..."

That's known as being stereotypical & generalizing. The phenomenon all-in-all may be crazy or wack, but def' not the individual(s). . .

That's known as being far-reaching & unrealistic, but of-course if she lacked the talent/skill. However, she was well-versed & cognizant w/ her ability/potential, hence the ambitious claim. . .

The way the thread was titled & the way the word "crazy" was used in context, it implied someone (her) w/ compromised insight, lack of sanity, and/or diminished mental-awareness. Not much more to it. Half a dozen people here thought the same (why is she crazy?), and questioned it. That's all.

K'... Man, you wanna see true "crazy", check-it:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TJLOGI2Odc

All this has nothing to do w/ being on a soap-box or a holier than thou attitude/outlook. Those asking for further affirmation & reasoning behind the use of a word all of a sudden puts them on a "high horse"... :confused:

That's a first for me. . .

I didn't read it all, nor did I care to really read it all. No offense intended, not even the slightest bit but, I've got a cold and my head is stuffy. So the bus to Give a Damn has left the station with out me today :smile:

Oh and the nsx needs a bath. It rained just enough to leave water spots in the dust from driving around the other day. You know, the 15 second rain storm.

Any how, I'll agree with Jordan because he's got a kick ass carbon fiber long board rolling on bad ass wheels with sick revenge trucks.

no biggie, such is routinely expected now...

Exactly my intent
You quoted the incorrect individual w/ a different quote, but it's all good that you & I were on the same wavelength... :cool:

I didn't read it all, nor did I care to really read it all. No offense intended, not even the slightest bit but, I've got a cold and my head is stuffy. So the bus to Give a Damn has left the station with out me today :smile:
No offense taken, to be quite honest. I don't expect anyone to read anything I ever say anymore, nor do I ever anticipate a meaningful & insightful reply ever anymore. This exchange here personifies such in a very poignant & clear manner. Hence, why I had ~3,000+ posts in my first 3 years & perhaps a hundred or so total posts in the past recent 3 years. I'll leave it to others to draw their own conclusions as to why. . .

Anywayz... get some cold-meds'/rest & watch the vid' I linked in my previous post on this thread, when you presumably feel better. . .

Last edited:
I opened the link earlier today and saw maybe the first second or two. Something about the "Good Christian mother"? or something like that. I'm guessing it's the nut job from wife swap. That lady was a kook.

i get what you're saying. Instead of posting less, I just decided to care less. It's interesting to watch and see all the various responses in all the tech sections of the forum. I hate seeing the same questions being asked and having to repeat something I wrote once or several times before.

In the rest of the forum, people get all twisted and out of shape so easily. Especially when your political affliation is mentioned. Or when people discover you care more or less about certain nonsense topics or those that have no bearing on our lives directly. There will always be those that like you, and those that don't but, then again you can't always be everyone's favorite friend.

Cold meds is working good.... well for short moments at a time anyhow. One nasty windy day and this whole town is feeling like crap all of a sudden

Back