• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"Crazy" Portable 2-Post Lift

This lift seems too good to be true for my application, so why am I skeptical? Does anyone know of this product or own one? I hope that I am not re-posting something that has been hashed over already here?

Is it safe? Is it costly? Will it last? I have a lot of these type questions which I can discuss with the company but what are they going to say, "It's Bad!" I thought I would run it by you fellow Primers first to see if anyone had some experience or just comments.

The specs, as far as size, lift height, spacing, etc. look good for me because I have a very low ceiling and cannot own a lift which I could stand-up under anyway. Sitting creeper is fine. I also like the portability feature very much because on nice days I could move it outside if I purchased a 2nd cement anchor set.

Does this seem like a good lift to you guys, without considering $$ price ?
Thanks. Any comments would be appreciated. :smile:

http://www.maxjaxusa.com/index.html

The biggest design difference I see compared to other 2-post lifts is that there's nothing mechanically linking the 2 rams to ensure their heights are tied together. The hydraulic pressure will be the same in both, but what if the car's mass isn't centered right? Isn't it possible one side could be lifting higher than the other? How do they make sure this isn't a problem?

Before you even consider buying a lift, take a sampling of your garage floor to make sure the concrete is thick enough (and make sure the setbacks meet the minimum requirements). The strength of the anchors is more critical on low lifts that don't have a cross-bar. I didn't see min thickness listed, but for Bendpak they want (I think) 4-5", depending on the compressive strength of the concrete.

I like that it's portable too. I wouldn't say the price makes it a huge bargain. You can often find used lifts on Craigslist for under $1500. Most are full height, but some are low.

I have the lift for about 2 months now-
GREAT lift- only proviso is that it lifts the car only 48" so you
can't stand under it.
Easy install seems very secure- no problems so far
jh

I wonder how the posts stay up like that even though they're not bolted to the ground or anything, or if they are I'm missing it.

Seems like a nice gust of wind would just knock it over.

Stephen

watch the video on the site. They are bolted to the ground

Guys,

If you have any interest in this lift, or any other lift, contact Anytime. John has always provided great service and outstanding prices:)

Regards,
LarryB

I am working with Bendpak on a special price for 10 of these lifts. I already have 8 interested people and will be PM'ing everybody back the prices when I have an exact number. Sorry for the delay, as this is not a one phone call deal to make this happen.
Take care,
John :biggrin:

Last edited:
thank you for taking the time to get this started.

Yes, it runs on 110-120v (common household plug)

I have worked out a price with GarageEquipmentSupply for 10 lifts. (Bendpaks sister company) I'll contact everyone in order of PM's with prices and see who's still in on the group buy.
Thanks,
John

PS - PM me if you are interested in a maxjax, as I am checking to see if I can extend this to more than 10.

PM sent as well. Hey Stacy, lets do a Cdn GB!

:)

If this lift will raise the nsx enough for me to park the M3 underneath, this will be the answer to my prayers (and save me from buying a new house!).

PM sent as well. Hey Stacy, lets do a Cdn GB!

:)

If this lift will raise the nsx enough for me to park the M3 underneath, this will be the answer to my prayers (and save me from buying a new house!).

Maybe the NSX would fit underneath???

•Max Lift Height (Pad only): 45" / 1143 mm.

•Max Lift Height (With 3" Adapter): 48" / 1219 mm.

Back