• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cruise and Traction control Demons!!!

My 1993 NSX has acquired "demons" with the cruise and traction control!!! Nothing shows / no faults show... The cruise stopped working completely and the traction control starts having a mind of it's own!!! I pulled the fuse for the traction control but can sometimes still hear a sound like a relay "clicking" behind my head - and the traction control light went out... I worked the traction control switch a couple of times and the "clicking" stopped and the light came back on... Everything seems fine again now (aside from no cruise control)... My wife and I are suppose to be doing "The Tail of The Dragon" in October and would like to purge this demon before then!!! Does anyone have any experience / ideas??? Thanks in Advance!!!

No faults show - have you used the service check connector to check for stored error codes?

Traction control starts having a mind of its own - what specifically? Does the traction control become active under normal driving conditions?

If you use the service check connector, also watch the ABS light for stored codes. Perhaps you have an intermittently misbehaving wheel speed sensor.

I have the same problem. I also suspect the wheel speed sensors. Friday a top mechanic will check the car, and I hope the problem will be solved then.
Does the traction control become active under normal driving conditions?/QUOTE]
Yes, throttle is reduced (fuel is cut off) but the green light of TC is not on.

Last edited:
My 1993 NSX has acquired "demons" with the cruise and traction control!!! Nothing shows / no faults show... The cruise stopped working completely and the traction control starts having a mind of it's own!!! I pulled the fuse for the traction control but can sometimes still hear a sound like a relay "clicking" behind my head - and the traction control light went out... I worked the traction control switch a couple of times and the "clicking" stopped and the light came back on... Everything seems fine again now (aside from no cruise control)... My wife and I are suppose to be doing "The Tail of The Dragon" in October and would like to purge this demon before then!!! Does anyone have any experience / ideas??? Thanks in Advance!!!

Thanks guys!!! We did check for stored codes - but probably will again!!! Going to dig deeper into the wheel sensors now too!!!
I might have to leave the traction control "disabled" for the Tail of the Dragon trip... But - being a Wisconsin resident - I've got all winter to really dig into it!!!
Thanks again!!!

Traction Control Service Results???

I have the same problem. I also suspect the wheel speed sensors. Friday a top mechanic will check the car, and I hope the problem will be solved then.
Does the traction control become active under normal driving conditions?/QUOTE]
Yes, throttle is reduced (fuel is cut off) but the green light of TC is not on.

Just wondering what the results were from when you had your car checked???

Back