• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Crystal Cove and aftermath. . . =(

Yes why do certain individuals feel it is necessary to challenge Hapa88's post? Are you amature crime scene investigators? Do you work for his insurance carrier? Do you think Hapa crashed into the wall on purpose? Honestly you people really need to get out more.

Anyway, I'm very sorry to hear about your accident. Hopefully you will be able to have things repaired and be back on the road soon!!!

After reading your story I am thinking about taking a inclement weather driving course! Anyone know of a good one in the southeast?

Motegi, are you looking at the same pictures as me? I just asked more questions based upon the pictures. Go back and look at them. You have no further questions in this incident, more power to you. I choose to ask more questions to arrive at the most informative answer possible. You took the Enzo owner who crashed on PCH, his word that a German driver named Diedrich crashed his car and then ran up and over the hill. I bet you believe he was the passenger and not the driver.

Danny.

Last edited:
If you havent seen the NSX Intruduction before - Please see link below.

Please examine the video closely - Then tell me that this type of spin out happens because the road was wet?

http://www.nsxprime.com/Gallery/multimedia/acura-nsx-intro.mpg
acura-nsx-intro.jpg

Last New Years Eve on the way to my sister's house - we saw 2 cars on the same spot I had my accident. The road was totally dry but it was cold that night. The cars were lowered and has aftermarket rims.

dyee,

you seem to have a problem... also a problem with facts. Heinrich is really diedrich. (get your facts straight).. what is next, are you going to tell us that you don't believe hapa was driving??

I appreciate you guys sticking up for me, but Dyee and I have got everything under control. We're workin it out in PM. He's just searching for the truth, and as an engineer myself, I see his perspective. . .keep it cool guys. :cool:

Ur lucky you beat me to the 11 o'clock news. I knew it was a German name of some kind. And no, you seem to believe events at face value. I simply asked more questions. When the facts don't fit anything can be given a spin that if spun long enough, you'd really believe it. I don't know Adrian and you say you don't but hearsay from your friend who almost ate it is also 100 % truth. Show me proof and I'll kindly retract. Judge the pics then pop off. Water from lawns and sprinklers seem the get the sidewalks wet. I guess the camera didn't pick that up either. I'm looking for that as part the runoff encountered by Adrian. That, plus the testimony didn't match. I want to ask more questions. I wasn't there and you sure as hell weren't there. Read my questions. They are legit questions to find out more info. You already have the case solved, Mark Furhman. LAPD could use you..... again. Adrian, this is not directed at you bro. Peace.

Last edited:
Dyee, Happa comes on here and describes the incident and posts pictures to further explain and you challenge him from the ass end of your keyboard?

Another comes on and supports Happa's story as true based upon comments from a friend who was at this drive.

You still challenge Happa?

Do you really believe that, via the internet and your computer, that you can reconstruct the complicated events that led to this?

Is Happa trying to sneak something past PRIME? Oh no, dont let him do that!

You say that you are looking for the truth; why dont you spend more time trying to 1) find truth in things that are more relevant to your life and 2) pick venues where you can find your truth.

Even if it was relevant to you, being seperated from the scene by the internet prevents what you are trying to do. Whatever that is.

Adrian,
I'm sorry to hear about the incident.
I hope you get your car fixed up and back on the road quickly.

Last edited:
SPA_S2000 said:
Dyee, Happa comes on here and describes the incident and posts pictures to further explain and you challenge him from the ass end of your keyboard?

Another comes on and supports Happa's story as true based upon comments from a friend who was at this drive.

You still challenge Happa?

Do you really believe that, via the internet and your computer, that you can reconstruct the complicated events that led to this?

Is Happa trying to sneak something past PRIME? Oh no, dont let him do that!

You say that you are looking for the truth; why dont you spend more time trying to 1) find truth in things that are more relevant to your life and 2) pick venues where you can find your truth.

Even if it was relevant to you, being seperated from the scene by the internet prevents what you are trying to do. Whatever that is.

Exactly!!!

Dyee, get over it...you sound like some insurance adjuster trying to get out of paying:biggrin: I spun out in the rain making a left turn at an intersection going less then 30 mph...I beleive Hapa 100%....

BTW, are you some sort of accident investigator/ sprinkler expert???:biggrin:

Dyee, Hapa stated all the facts already, but you still want to question him. He didn't need to share this with us, but he did. Dude, if you're so curious about it, drive your car down there at the same time and day and see what happens to your car. Make sure you have low profile tires and lower your car too.

Hapa, thanks for sharing the aftermath. I hope you'll do something about that area to prevent from other sport cars sliding...

Hapa - (nice handle, btw)

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune but very glad to hear that you're ok. Cars, even ones as exotic and rare as ours, are only cars and can be fixed or replaced. Humans are a different story.

I'm taking this as a sign to take at the car to the track and learn the limits and how to correct these sorts of things, so I can better react if a similar situation comes up.

Best advise to yourself.... agree wholeheartly. And kudos to you to lead yourself to positive thinking.

While I agreed I drive quite fast and aggressively in street driving, it's nowhere near the limit of the car, tires, or even my own's ability. Always reserve yourself for things that could happen as street is not a controlled environment.

I also agreed dyee that the road doesn't seem to be that dangerous. But then your digital picture doesn't show the possible dips, off camber or even the nature of the corner...

Jadtiger, I respect your experiences but I couldn't agree the statement of the : " I HAVE READ SIMILAR ACCIDENTS ON NSX'S WITH LARGER AFTERMARKET WHEEL SET UP. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL DRIVING YOUR NSX AGGRESSIVELY IF YOUR SUSPENSION/SPRINGS/SHOCKS ARE NOT PROPERLY TUNED FOR AFTERMARKET WHEELS/TIRES."

1. Larger wheel set up won't cause accident. but it could trigger TCS and help the "nut" behind the steering wheel do some weird things... (wonder how I know this HMmMMm :rolleyes: )

2. if the suspension is not properly tuned then it's shouldn't even be driving, unless you sure it's something that your driving skill could overcome. This lead to deeper level, what's the proper set up?? On a sports car like nsx, the perfect set up for Takumi Sato or Montoya could be downright dangerous for an average joe to drive spiritly...

3. Again, the driver is the one who control the car. Different size of wheels will change the dynamic of the car or even damage the car over time... Yet, none of these will lead to accident if they are equipped with some sort of carelessness, inability or ignorant by the driver/owner.

Hapa, hope your car will be back on road soon... I don't know how wealthy you are, but with you driving a nsx, and possibly driving a lot more nicer cars later in life, you don't want to have that ticket in your driving record. If the officer arrive the scene after the incident, and there's no witness. YOUR TICKET WILL BE DISMISSED.

Jadtiger, I respect your experiences but I couldn't agree the statement of the : " I HAVE READ SIMILAR ACCIDENTS ON NSX'S WITH LARGER AFTERMARKET WHEEL SET UP. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL DRIVING YOUR NSX AGGRESSIVELY IF YOUR SUSPENSION/SPRINGS/SHOCKS ARE NOT PROPERLY TUNED FOR AFTERMARKET WHEELS/TIRES."

1. Larger wheel set up won't cause accident. but it could trigger TCS and help the "nut" behind the steering wheel do some weird things... (wonder how I know this HMmMMm :rolleyes: )

2. if the suspension is not properly tuned then it's shouldn't even be driving, unless you sure it's something that your driving skill could overcome. This lead to deeper level, what's the proper set up?? On a sports car like nsx, the perfect set up for Takumi Sato or Montoya could be downright dangerous for an average joe to drive spiritly...

3. Again, the driver is the one who control the car. Different size of wheels will change the dynamic of the car or even damage the car over time... Yet, none of these will lead to accident if they are equipped with some sort of carelessness, inability or ignorant by the driver/owner.
]

Hey Dreamer,

My point is that if you modify your Wheels/tires beyond factory specs that it will mess up the cars handling and it would be dangerous under some circumtances or condition which may lead to accident. So what I said was be careful driving aggressively if your car was not configured/set up to do so.

So what was it that you don't agree with?

I have no idea what Montoya or Sato has to with this? Are you telling me that with their driving knowledge/experience and racing technology that they wouldnt have a spin out or accident?
Dont get me wrong but it doesnt mean that if you are professional race car driver and had atended training/driving school that you're guarranteed to avoid accident everytime. In real life scenario there are instances/surprises that you won't be ready for - yes even in driving.

Last edited:
Sorry to har/see about your car. Hopefully its just cosmetic. have been through your pain and it sucks. Fortunately for me it was just cosmetic...but that doesn't make it cheap. :frown:

Adrian... dude... that sucks man! No wonder you didn't show up to the club that night. :wink: That bites... I was looking forward to getting together and comparing our HIDs. Guess that'll have to wait till the car gets back from the shop. I think getting to some autocrosses and stuff will help. My experiences helped me save the car twice. Once in the rain when I lost the back end and drifted across 2 lanes in a banking turn, and once going about 10 mph making a left turn and hitting a light patch of water in the gutter/rain runoff gulleys. So I know it can happen faster than you think. Anyway, hope it's fixed in time for Crawfish weekend. :smile:

From my experience with the NSX and other cars I drove the white lines on the road can sometimes become slippery when its wet. This happen even though the tires have very good amount of threads.

wholy crap happa, that was my 02 silverstone at CC, Casterdog and I had just gone through that corner and we both looked at eachother when we went in that water like "daym that could get messy for someone" He was driving my car and we hit the brakes just before it just to get through it. It was alot of water. Man, sorry to see. I saw your car and the other red one in the parking lot. Let me know if I can help.
MAtt

Ooooh! That REALLY sucks. I have always really admired this car (body mods, wheels) I hope you don't run into any trouble getting her back to straight. Most importantly I am glad to see you weren't hurt.

This could have been a lot worse, although the "unsafe turn" ticket does seem like insult to injury...

I wonder who is responsible for that sprinkler drainage, and the water on the road? Possibly some subrogation potential there... (oops thinking like an insurance guy again)

sorry to hear about your car man,
glad you could walk away from it though

First of all, sorry for your loss. I saw the M3 in the center divider last year and other cars lost along there also. That corner is off camber already so water makes it dangerous just like you found out.

A warning to all: the cops sit up the road about a mile and use laser radar to nail speeders on the first significant straight section. I got popped there a few months back.

I'm confused, how many Hapas with NSXs are there?

Sideways said:
I'm confused, how many Hapas with NSXs are there?
I could tell you... but then I'd have to kill you:biggrin:

Back