• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC Help!

I took the '93 With CTSC out for a drive today and everything was perfect... until coming home, when I drop it into 3rd gear to pass someone (as my exit was coming up and I was in the wrong lane).

I ran it out in 3rd gear and just as I got close to redline I heard a "bap", which I thought was the rev limiter... but, instantly the TCS and Check Engine lights came on and the car seemed to have no power. I got to the exit lane and when I gave it some gas it shuddered a little, but I had rpms and so I proceeded gingerly off the freeway. Nurse it home with no issue (except the lights stayed on). When I got home I looked to see if the CTSC belt had broke... NOPE.

When I restarted the car, there was no TCS and Check Engine lights on and it seemed to run (idle) fine, but the CTSC didn't have the usual whine and sound!

Any ideas as to what might have happened??

I'll be getting it into Mitch as soon as he can take me (next week?)

Thanks for any insight.

-Wick

Do you have any gauges in the car or engine management?

You need to know if the blower is still making boost. There are way too many things that can be wrong but I would check a few things like:

1. Bypass hose on bottom of the intake
2. very rare, but the shaft on the blower that joins the drive pulley to the gear drive in the blower have broken before, that leaves the pulley and belt in place but stops turning the rotors inside the blower.
3. Check the belt tension and tensioner, make sure everything is tight.

Let us know what you find, but do not drive the car until you know what is going on. You can try to pull the Engine Code from the ECU to see what happened.

Dave

Thanks Dave... I'll let you know what we discover.

-Wick

yeah, pull codes, and dont drive it till you sort it out....did it seem like limp mode?

The code was an injector fault and nothing was found wrong with the CTSC or the injectors, but the coil packs and plugs were not so good... all were replaced. She runs fine now.

I also had all the hoses replaced and a coolant flush while she was in the shop. That was a BIG bill :eek: Good for another 15 years now!

-Wick

Back