• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

CTSC to SOS turbo results...

Brought the car to the dyno today and had Aaron Miller from Sarasota tune it. He was very meticulous and here are the final results at 8lbs of boost. Seat of the pants difference was just amazing!!! I'm tracking down a little smoking issue, but the car runs perfectly with no leaks and is like a whole new car. All I can say is WOW!!
DynoResults.jpg

Last edited:
nice numbers!

Just saw the smart busa in your sig... Would like to hear about that ride some day. Cool toys!

Interesting to see that there is no spike in either HP or torque compared to some of the single turbo designs although the torque numbers seem to be very similar at the same RPM.

Are you running an AEM stand-a-lone ECU and if so are you using it to drive a boost control solenoid?

The reason I ask is the last 1k rpm of your run the torque does not fall off like most spring only waste gates can.

Any additional info about your setup you can share?

Thanks

Dave

Last edited:
Your leak could be spool valve gaskets or rear valve cover gaskets. Are you running EMS or FIC?

Here's the walkthrough for spool valve repair:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113606

It's not leaking any fluids.

Are you running an AEM stand-a-lone ECU and if so are you using it to drive a boost control solenoid?

The reason I ask is the last 1k rpm of your run the torque does not fall off like most spring only waste gates can.

Any additional info about your setup you can share?

Thanks

Dave

Running an older AEM, no solenoid - boost is controlled by actuators. 9.2 when it first comes on, then levels out a 8 PSI. Motor is back to stock configuration except RC 550 injectors, Walbro 255 fuel pump, AEM pressure regulator 44PSI at idle. Endura Lite exhaust.

Looks great. I think ole's car was nearly identical on the Dyno. I drove it and it was great. Enjoy!

I took a quick look at my dyno sheet today and have a few comments.

Your motor/kit produces much more torque earlier in the curve.
I have a 67mm journal bearing turbo kit. My peak torque is about 30ftlb higher.

Both of our kits make just over 400rwhp. Between 5000-7000 my turbo had about 20hp advantage.

You want faster spool time and a broader torque curve, go twin turbo.
You don't mind a little lag but like that bigger punch, go single turbo.

IMO the perfect turbo is a single precision bb 58-62mm. Quick spool, fat torque and lots of potential at the upper rpm range.

If you can tell us a little more about your smoking issue perhaps we can help.
Congrats on the install and #'s

PS I wish I knew you were in Sarasota, I bet a few of us would have stopped by.

Here is my GT37R dyno. Tune wasn't done, but I'm sure we could have brought some numbers in with a little work.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 96 nsx 10lbs meth.jpg
    96 nsx 10lbs meth.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 447

Both of our kits make just over 400rwhp. Between 5000-7000 my turbo had about 20hp advantage.

IMO the perfect turbo is a single precision bb 58-62mm. Quick spool, fat torque and lots of potential at the upper rpm range.

I'm actually in Fort Myers which is where we tuned it. Aaron the tuner came from Sarasota. The smoking issue may be resolved due to slight overfill. Car runs and performs great - much different than the high boost CTSC - smoother and quieter overall. AIT's when on the street are in the low 100's.

It's not a case of single or twins. Any turbo setup needs to be sized properly for your horsepower goals. Clearly a 67mm turbo is not the best for a 400whp setup. I wouldn't use a 67mm unless I wanted 850-900+whp. Otherwise I would go smaller. I wouldn't be surprised if compared to EAC's dyno a 58mm-60mm turbo would produce the same power but spool 1000rpms faster.

FWIW 67mm turbos are putting many cars into the 8's at 160+mph, not exactly stock block NSX territory.

Back