• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cup Holder Cost?

Looking at a used 2017 that is missing the cup holder. I'm afraid to ask what it would cost for a replacement, if I can even order a replacement... Does anyone know or should I just call a local dealer?

Somewhere online there is an Acura parts sales company that had really reasonable prices. I bought my car cover from them at a deep discount to the dealer list price. Try searching for Acura parts for sale. I'll post if I can find it..... My guess is it won't be as bad as you think?

Yep.... my oversight. I saw the $55.13 in green and save 33% part, and didn't notice the "you save" part on the left..... But even $128 ain't the end of the world, and it does come in handy for a coffee cup on the way to the occasional car show. And, perhaps with some additional searching there might be one out there cheaper? I have not yet eaten in my car and likely won't.....

Maybe look in the glove compartment or the trunk

The dealer may not know where to look or what it looks like

It's really interesting to browse through the parts available for the NSX. As an example I noted that a rear fender costs in excess of $10,000.... Pity the insurance company of the person who slams the rear of an NSX hard and involves the rear fenders, etc. Could easily run up a repair bill in the $50K range.....

But it appears that all parts are listed, but I can't vouch for actual availability......

I saw that and it may have been related to the point I made regarding Acura not wanting to have folks make changes from original configurations with whatever Factory Installed Features (FIF) like the CF roof.

It's really interesting to browse through the parts available for the NSX. As an example I noted that a rear fender costs in excess of $10,000.... Pity the insurance company of the person who slams the rear of an NSX hard and involves the rear fenders, etc. Could easily run up a repair bill in the $50K range.....

But it appears that all parts are listed, but I can't vouch for actual availability......
did you look up the price of the heads and block?

The block was $12K....... Cylinder Head is $9,775 each.....

When I was a kid racing motocross, I recall a dirt bike mag article that priced the build of a bike from the ground up buying every part on the bike at over the counter retail prices. It came out something like 10x the cost of the actual bike, so big mark up on parts. I suspect the same thing for the NSX? If you added up all the parts at over the counter prices, the car would be $1M??????

Last edited:

No pity the NSX owner. Most people are driving around with inadequate property damage limits on their liability coverage.

Last edited:
Below cost? Really???? Just listed on some Acura OEM parts for sale website I googled...... As I said I cannot vouch for availability or accuracy......

You can start here: https://www.acuraoemparts.com/auto-parts/2017/acura/nsx-coupe/base-trim/dct-engine

At that link which is Delray, it showed the block at $35k which is a few thousand over cost. List price for the block is 50 and each head is 22. There’s no way anyone would actually process an order for a block at $12k.

I did not see any blocks listed for $35K (?) at the above referenced site???? I'm not looking for an argument or a pissing match..... I was just posting some info I found on the web, If indeed the block is that much, yikes........ At these prices the engine piece by piece would be more cost than the car itself - but I do believe that this is how spare parts are priced? I wonder if there is a listing somewhere for a complete engine? Man, I'd hate for something to go wrong with the engine post warranty at these costs...... But I'd imagine all other supercars would have you in a similar place if not worse.

Thinking about spare parts makes me wonder how a manufacturer deals with setting up a spare parts inventory for a car model?? On top of the costs of R&D, marketing, actual costs of parts, the Marysville plant, etc., there has to be a substantial additional expense to stock a complete spare parts inventory when building a new model like the NSX?? How do they (or any manufacturer) determine the quantities of spare parts to set aside in a warehouse somewhere. I doubt many people aside from higher up auto executives would know the general answer to this? Is there a LR quarter panel for a 92 NSX laying around in some warehouse somewhere??? Just a curious thought.......

... Is there a LR quarter panel for a 92 NSX laying around in some warehouse somewhere??? Just a curious thought.......

There are no more new OEM rear quarter panels for the NA1, and many parts are out of existence. When the tsunami hit Japan many years ago, the manufacturing plant and storage warehouse was destroyed along with a lot of OEM parts. Hope this satisfies your curiosity.

There are no more new OEM rear quarter panels for the NA1, and many parts are out of existence. When the tsunami hit Japan many years ago, the manufacturing plant and storage warehouse was destroyed along with a lot of OEM parts. Hope this satisfies your curiosity.

Interesting...... Makes sense. Something I suppose one should consider when thinking about buying a Gen 1 NSX? And there are not enough of the cars to justify any aftermarket investment in making parts..... It almost makes it risky to drive the car..... I am VERY aware and defensive when I drive my 17'. Maybe if it was leased I'd feel different. Maybe I should have bought that 66' Shelby GT 350 I always wanted? Cheap to own in comparison, and every part available either through Ford or the aftermarket. But hey, the Shelby can't do 0-60 in 2.9 secs..........

I did not see any blocks listed for $35K (?) at the above referenced site???? I'm not looking for an argument or a pissing match..... I was just posting some info I found on the web, If indeed the block is that much, yikes........ At these prices the engine piece by piece would be more cost than the car itself - but I do believe that this is how spare parts are priced? I wonder if there is a listing somewhere for a complete engine? Man, I'd hate for something to go wrong with the engine post warranty at these costs...... But I'd imagine all other supercars would have you in a similar place if not worse.
https://www.acuraoemparts.com/auto-...engine-cat/engine-assy-transmission-assy-scat

I was quoting prices on bare block and cylinder heads and never saw long blocks or fully assembled heads..... Sheeeesh..... A LOT of money, and by the time you add all the auxiliary stuff, then how much is it? Just the long block and heads, then, are over $66K? Then there's the tranny....... another $35K? And, maybe another $16K for the turbos and the rear electric motor assy.????

Last edited:
I was quoting prices on bare block and cylinder heads and never saw long blocks or fully assembled heads..... Sheeeesh..... A LOT of money, and by the time you add all the auxiliary stuff, then how much is it? Just the long block and heads, then, are over $66K? Then there's the tranny....... another $35K? And, maybe another $16K for the turbos and the rear electric motor assy.????

Riding with the PMC engineer at NSXPO, he talked about how the choice to put the Cosworth engine in the NSX was a rather big deal. Not only did it require a lot of re-engineering to change from transverse to longitudinal, the cost of the motor went up by a lot. So much so that the cost of the car went up by a lot as well. So it doesn't surprise me that the cost of the engine parts are so high. To add to it, though, he said that the motor in the NC1 is a work of art and easily his favorite thing about the new car, it's truly special.

Back