• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Custom NSX front bumper emblems

I was not happy with the current selection of front bumper emblems for the NSX, so I contacted an acquaintance in the emblem business about making a custom emblem exclusively for the NSX. I took inspiration from the existing emblem on the side of the car by the door handle. Simple and elegant, yet unique to the NSX. The emblem is lower profile than the bulbous stock emblem and looks very natural and OEM on the car.

The emblems themselves are very high quality. These emblems have high quality adhesive that will hold up to the elements and the emblem itself will hold up to UV light and rock chips at high speed. I tried to keep the price low and fair - I plan on making my money in medicine, not car parts ;) Please see the pics below (excuse the poor photography).

n9619365_36572733_528.jpg

n9619365_36432454_755.jpg

The RED, by popular demand:

n9619365_36752553_8407.jpg

The inspiration for the emblem came from this stock piece:

n9619365_36572736_2095.jpg

Purchasing Info
Price is $30 shipped for check/MO or $31 Paypal - specify BLACK or RED color.

Paypal Address: [email protected]

You can send check/money order payments to:
Amit Patel
2705 SW 120th St
OKC OK, 73170

Expect your emblems in about a week or so after payment is received.

Installation
Much info on removing the stock emblem is available by searching the forum. Just be careful whatever method you try. After the stock emblem is removed, please take your time to remove any remaining adhesive, you don't want to scratch your paint becoming impatient. I had more luck removing it dry than with goof off/WD-40. After all adhesive is off, prep the paint by cleaning with 90% alcohol or similar with cotton cloth. The adhesive on the emblem should last forever when installed on a properly prepped surface. I boxed out the area I wanted to install the emblem with masking tape before removing the stock emblem as to minimize the guesswork of centering it up properly. Dry the surface, then simply center and CAREFULLY place your new emblem. It should cover up the two holes left by the stock piece.

Last edited:
Do they come in different colors?:smile:

Sorry, no others colors besides black/chrome for now. If I sell enough to cover my costs I was thinking about doing a red one, but that would be the only other option besides black.

What size is it? I am was considering having one on each of my wheel centercaps.

I am currently in Spain but I will be coming back to the USA on May 15 and I will be able to ship all the emblems out then. I will update the post if quantities run low. I look forward to getting some feedback on these from the NSX community!

Thanks,
Amit

Are these just custom center caps? I ask, because I have tried to use center caps before, with bad results.

I have had 3 sucessive emblems fall apart, after a day of high heat, followed by a drive. When I had these 'emblem failures', the circle of double-sided tape would remain, and the metal top of the emblem would fly off.

Are these just custom center caps? I ask, because I have tried to use center caps before, with bad results.

I have had 3 sucessive emblems fall apart, after a day of high heat, followed by a drive. When I had these 'emblem failures', the circle of double-sided tape would remain, and the metal top of the emblem would fly off.

These are not center caps rigged up as emblems. These were custom built to be used as front bumper elblems. The adhesive is OEM quality. The materials comprising the emblem were chosen for their performance, durability, and aesthetic qualities. The adhesive will hold up to the elements for many years when installed on a properly prepped surface. In case the emblem needs to be removed, the adhesive can be removed without marring the paint underneath. The polymer chosen for the emblem will hold up to UV light and road debris at high speed without cracking or chipping.

I would really like to get some feedback on these as soon as people start getting some. I have had mine on for a month or so and driven over 1000 miles highway and it looks like new. I even blasted it with a pressure washer to test the adhesive, and there is not a sign of it giving up.

Great idea, I'll take one in red.

Any chance of making this exact style for aftermarket steering wheels (sparco.momo etc?)

Thanks

Jeff

I have had several requests for red, so they are working on it. They are 2.25" diameter if that helps. There is no reason it wouldn't work for the steering wheel as long as there is a flat surface to adhere it to.

I have had several requests for red, so they are working on it. They are 2.25" diameter if that helps. There is no reason it wouldn't work for the steering wheel as long as there is a flat surface to adhere it to.

It is a flat surface. I would volunteer my horn button to send to you if you need it. Does it have to be 2.25" diameter...I will measure it but am sure it's less than that.

Thanks.

Jeff

It is a flat surface. I would volunteer my horn button to send to you if you need it. Does it have to be 2.25" diameter...I will measure it but am sure it's less than that.

Thanks.

Jeff

Sure, just get back to me on the diameter.

Back home and the emblems start shipping out today! I also got 4 red custom emblems to respond to the popular demand. They look absolutely gorgeous and I will post a pic of them in the original post soon.

Back home and the emblems start shipping out today! I also got 4 red custom emblems to respond to the popular demand. They look absolutely gorgeous and I will post a pic of them in the original post soon.

I'd like to see a picture of the red ones....think that would look nice with a white car. I am going to pick up a JDM Honda badge, but still can't imagine the two on the car....

rk

Posted pics of the red! See top of this thread. The variance you see in the emblems are just reflections, they are all identical and of top quality. Sorry for the poor picture quality, I had to use my phone camera for all the pics.

Last edited:
Back