• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Dali/BB "Smart Map"

The SmartMap is fully electronic (Much less to fail), check valves are mechanical so after time can not work quite as well.

I have a comptech SC and just recently purchased the SmartMap, it looks like a much better solution to trick the Map sensor.

Technical Answer from instructions for SmartMap:
How it works-
The map sensor in your Acura NSX works by converting the vacuum signal it gets from the intake manifold, into a varying electrical signal which the cars engine management computer, or ECU, processes in order to meter fuel. At large throttle openings, the vacuum drops and the voltage signal will increase accordingly. At idle, with high vacuum present, voltage is around 0.5v or 0.6v. At WOT, or Wide Open Throttle, vacuum goes up to 2.75v, and this is the Max voltage the ECU can see. If vacuum then turns into boost, the voltage goes way up past 2.75v and the ECU cuts fuel so far back that the engine will generally stop running for the duration of the boost. To eliminate this problem, the SmartMapper “clamps” the voltage signal at a maximum of 2.75v, and keeps it there until it senses the vacuum drop to a voltage signal of 2.75v or less, at which time the map sensor and ECU take over and function normally.

[This message has been edited by Carguy! (edited 16 February 2002).]

Originally posted by Carguy!:
The SmartMap is fully electronic (Much less to fail), check valves are mechanical so after time can not work quite as well.

I have a comptech SC and just recently purchased the SmartMap, it looks like a much better solution to trick the Map sensor.

Technical Answer from instructions for SmartMap:
How it works-
The map sensor in your Acura NSX works by converting the vacuum signal it gets from the intake manifold, into a varying electrical signal which the cars engine management computer, or ECU, processes in order to meter fuel. At large throttle openings, the vacuum drops and the voltage signal will increase accordingly. At idle, with high vacuum present, voltage is around 0.5v or 0.6v. At WOT, or Wide Open Throttle, vacuum goes up to 2.75v, and this is the Max voltage the ECU can see. If vacuum then turns into boost, the voltage goes way up past 2.75v and the ECU cuts fuel so far back that the engine will generally stop running for the duration of the boost. To eliminate this problem, the SmartMapper “clamps” the voltage signal at a maximum of 2.75v, and keeps it there until it senses the vacuum drop to a voltage signal of 2.75v or less, at which time the map sensor and ECU take over and function normally.

[This message has been edited by Carguy! (edited 16 February 2002).]

Do you notice if it made a difference? Or the same? I have a problem I'm trying to figure out, when I shift and gun it, it hessitates. I'm wondering if it's the check valves f-in up.

Originally posted by Runutzzzzz:
What's the diff. between that smart map, and just plain ol check valves? Do they both work the same?

It depends whats causing your hesitation, but I designed the smartmap to eliminate the mechanical check valves because there is a reaction time with them that can be felt as a minor hesitation, even when the check valves are working properly. Its a nice upgrade for ANY forced induction that uses mechanical check valves.

Cheers,
Mark Basch

Originally posted by NSXTech:

It depends whats causing your hesitation, but I designed the smartmap to eliminate the mechanical check valves because there is a reaction time with them that can be felt as a minor hesitation, even when the check valves are working properly. Its a nice upgrade for ANY forced induction that uses mechanical check valves.

Cheers,
Mark Basch

LOL SOLD! Does Dali have this item in STOCK?? I hate waiting, I've NEVER had probs. from Dali, he actually was a awsome vendor.... But after all this... I dunno.. LOL

Back