• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dali Racing chip

Hay man ....are you going to buy the Chip ?
where ? How much ?
Let me know , I might be interested too .
smile.gif

Originally posted by NSEX:
anyone has experience with Dali Racing hot chip??

Hey man long time no see.
Did you notice when I posted the topic?
It was May in 2000! I don't really consider buying chip for my NSX now since I've to send the whole unit to Dali Racing for about a week or so so they can modify it, but if you just install the chip alone w/o modifying the computer I really doubt there'll be any performance gain.

NSEX, the reason that Dali needs the ECU is because you have to have the factory chip removed and a Zif socket installed to insert the new chip into. The ECU will learn the new chip. That is the only modification to the unit.

Brad, thanks for the info.
So you're saying if I know how to swap the chip myself, then there's no need to send my whole computer to Dali Racing?
I am asking this because I sent an email to Dali Racing long time ago and asked about the chip, they did tell me to send down the stock computer so they can modify it? Maybe I was wrong.

[So you're saying if I know how to swap the chip myself, then there's no need to send my whole computer to Dali Racing?

You would have to put in Zif socket yourself. That is the hardest part Dali does and once it is in you can swap chips.

For those of you have the Dali chip, how do you like it? Because if it's not necessary to send down the whole computer, I'm interested in getting it.

Originally posted by NSEX:
Because if it's not necessary to send down the whole computer, I'm interested in getting it.

You have to desolder the stock chip and solder a socket in it's place. If you are comfortable doing this, or know someone local who can do it for you, then you do not need to send the computer to Dali. All Dali does it take care of the socket installation for you, since most people don't know the first thing about it.

IMHO - If money is not a major problem, you are much better off with a programable engine management system (Hlatech or the next gen ACCEL DFI, for example) than a chip. Besides being able to put it on a dyno and tune it perfectly for your particular motor, you can easily reprogram it for any additional modifications you make in the future.

Originally posted by David:
you are much better off with a programable engine management system (Hlatech or the next gen ACCEL DFI, for example) than a chip.

Would this work better for an automatic?

------------------
Hal Jones
Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

It should not be a problem with an automatic. The programmable systems let you put the car on a dyno and set the fuel, timing, etc. for the entire rpm range. Not as sophisticated as a Motec, but plenty good enough and cheaper. It lets you tune precisely for your particular motor and mods. They have two dealers in WA, Northwest Aero Products in Monroe and B&B Automotive in Aberdeen. Didn't see one listed for OR. I believe you would need the E6K and I am pretty sure you can upgrade the ignition while you are at it. Make sure they uderstand you have a direct fire ignition when you talk to them about it.

Their site is at http://www.haltech.com

Back