• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dallas area NSXers!

Hey guys.. just a head's up... I noticed a two-page article on the NSX in the Automotive section of the Dallas Morning News today... Haven't read it yet, but thought I'd let everyone know. :)

P.S. Looking to see if it's on their website for everyone else, but but haven't found it yet.

Waldorf,

Thank you for the heads up. I just read the article and I think it says a lot of good things about the NSX.

Btw, is that Dave Gahan in your avatar?

Re: the article
Really coincides with how I feel about the beauty. It's not about the horsepower. It's about the style, comfort, reliability, interior, handling, etc... although most of this I just know from reading about it. Haven't officially gotten to sit in one yet. :( However, I'm now looking to buy a 97+ and am keeping track of my NSX-capades in the following thread:

My "I'm officially looking" post

Re: the avatar
Haha... no, actually, it's me!

I'm a poser musician of sorts... got my Undergrad in trumpet performance and have a home studio and such. However, I got my Master's in Computer Science to 'support the habit'. ;)

Dave Gahan... Depeche Mode, right? I actually made it to that show last time they were here. Good times were had by all. :)

Hi, come to starbucks at 114 and Macarthur every 1st thursday of the month, you could sit in at least 6 different NSX's last time I was there, I think 12 guys showed up..later Brent p.s 7pm:p

Waldorf,

Yes, I was talking about Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode. I was at the concert as well. It was great indeed.

Brent, are you sure it is not on a Wednesday?

:rolleyes: I could be wrong but I thoght it was tues....I own a roofing company and I have been so busy lately.haven't had much time to enjoy my ride......Brent

What was I smoking? it's tuesday not thursday......You can double check with Susan Tableman Ms. NSX at goodson Acura in irving:eek:

I'll see if I can catch Susan at Acura today.. sounds like it's sometime during the first week of each month. :) That'll be a fantastic opportunity for me. Coincidentally, I've got a $10 starbucks gift certificate that's been burning a hole in my wallet. :)

Hmm... On my visit to Goodson, they mentioned they're doing a "NS-teXpo" or something similar soon? sounded like sort of a tech-focused gathering, but they tried to 'nsx' up the name which caused a bit of miscomprehension. :) I wonder if this is the same event?

EDIT: Ahh.. I see in the regional section that this is a full-blown weekend event... nevermind.

DFW Starbucks NSX gatherings

The DFW Starbucks gatherings are the first WEDNESDAY of each month at 7:30. The Starbucks in question is on MacArthur Blvd. at TX-114 in Irving (not the one up by I-635).

This week, a few of us are going out to the NCTS and IRL qualifying at Texas Motor Speedway around 7:30PM (goes until 10PM or so). Therefore, the number of people going to Starbucks might be lowered, but people will still be there.

EDR

waldorf said:
Hmm... On my visit to Goodson, they mentioned they're doing a "NS-teXpo" or something similar soon? sounded like sort of a tech-focused gathering, but they tried to 'nsx' up the name which caused a bit of miscomprehension. :) I wonder if this is the same event?

NSteXpo is an annual event in the SouthCentral region. For details, go here:

http://www.dalmotorsports.com/NSteXpo2003.htm

EDR

Re: DFW Starbucks NSX gatherings

erobbins said:
The DFW Starbucks gatherings are the first WEDNESDAY of each month at 7:30. The Starbucks in question is on MacArthur Blvd. at TX-114 in Irving (not the one up by I-635).

Thanks! I'll go ahead and make plans to swing by with the wife. Hopefully she can sweet-talk someone into letting me sit in their car. :)

Anyone else planning on going? I'll be wearing Khaki's and will either be in a black firebird or the wife's blue BMW Z3

Looking forward to it!

FYI - Posted a few pics I took in the picture gallery forum.

Thanks again everyone!

Bad night to show

I hope there were more than three cars there! In the last few months, there is usually 8-10 owners minimum at each Starbucks gathering. Maybe it's the weather... maybe it's the TMS thing tonight... who can tell.

Do come out to the next gathering (1st wed of the month at 7:30) so I can get a chance to meet you.

Also - how's the search for an NSX going?

EDR

If I remember right, there was a total of five NSX's.

Super nice guy(tm) brought a 1996 red featured in two of the pictures I took. I guess I was so stunned I couldn't remember his name. :) Also present were Kipp's black NSX, Brian's black NSX, Richard's red NSX, and later another Super nice guy(tm) brought his silver NSX with lots of decals. He mentioned that it was originally black, but was vandalized, so he had to get it repainted and decided to go with the sebring silver. Jonathan was there, but had recently picked up a 350Z he brought for us all to check out.

I should be able to make next month's meeting and if things go well, I might be bringing a circa 1997-1998 Spa Yellow Pearl. :)

So tell me... how's NSteXpo going?! Wish I could've rescheduled this trip to Phoenix. :(

NSteXpo on target

Everything is looking good for NSteXpo, except for a possibility that the weather won't cooperate. But, that's Texas for ya. Everything is basically indoors anyway. Last year, it rained like mad for about 30 minutes during the Dyno Day, but that's about it.

EDR

Just wanted to let everyone know... I just added a good news/bad news update on my situation in the prospective buyers forum under the topic 'The Time is Drawing Near . . .'

Long story short: Promotion, relocation, NSX on hold.

Needless to say, I'm of mixed emotions about it... Will totally miss Dallas, the right NSX will find me when the time is right, and moving is never 'fun', but I'm trying to think positive. There are definitely worse situations to be in. :)

Back