• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Damaged NSX in VIC

http://www.autotrader.com.au/iteminfo/adnumber_6612053_off_0_sect_Automotive_sort_otRZSQ1BJDZfdRZSQSearchDisplayPriorityIndAVSCotRZSQ1BJDZfdRZSQFirstPublished_sqt_2_srch_nsx_state_9_stpg_1_subs_Wheels%2c+Tyres%2c+Parts+%26+Accessories_

As the title states the above nsx is damaged and for sale in vic,
I was wondering if any one knows anything about it.

Im finally in a position to buy a nsx and i intend to NOT leave it stock (i know alot of you guys love oem). Considering im planing on modding a lot of it this could be a good option pending the damage of course.

Any information would be much appricated as the only other one worth buying is a red one in sydney but the km's are extreamly high for the price IMO.

Regards

Fielding

http://www.autotrader.com.au/iteminfo/adnumber_6612053_off_0_sect_Automotive_sort_otRZSQ1BJDZfdRZSQSearchDisplayPriorityIndAVSCotRZSQ1BJDZfdRZSQFirstPublished_sqt_2_srch_nsx_state_9_stpg_1_subs_Wheels%2c+Tyres%2c+Parts+%26+Accessories_

As the title states the above nsx is damaged and for sale in vic,
I was wondering if any one knows anything about it.

Im finally in a position to buy a nsx and i intend to NOT leave it stock (i know alot of you guys love oem). Considering im planing on modding a lot of it this could be a good option pending the damage of course.

Any information would be much appricated as the only other one worth buying is a red one in sydney but the km's are extreamly high for the price IMO.

Regards

Fielding

I have spoken to the owner and requested pictures , still no pictures have surfaced . He says 2/3 of the front end in wiped out , he picked it up from an auction 4 years ago with no sevice records at all . He estimates the cost of repair at around $20000 .

the radiator is stuffed and the A/C compressor , all of the wheel arches and the windscreen is smashed .

My advice is do what I am doing and run the other way :wink:

it also make you wonder why he would not have it repaired himself .

I also heard the one in Sydney is in pretty shabby condition and faded paintwork , it looks more orange now than red .

Sup Fielding!

I am thrilled to hear that you are in a position to purchase your dream car. Having seen your previous posts and knowing how much the NSX will mean to you... I really hope you don't sell your dream short by buying a NSX that needs to be bent back into shape in a big way. If it's just a cracked bumper and it gets you a big discount maybe, but this sounds like a lot more than that.

One of my mates is checking this car out for the heck of it but on the surface it just doesn't seem financially viable. In other words, it seems clear that the repaired car will be worth less than the amount required to buy and repair it.

Personally I'd rather buy something that's worth what I paid for it, but if you do go ahead and need NA1 front-end parts, I'm your man :)

sweetchuck said:
the radiator is stuffed and the A/C compressor , all of the wheel arches and the windscreen is smashed .

Are you saying that the car has more than just front-end damage? A/c compressor is in engine compartment? All front or all *4* wheel arches?

Sorry I meant the A/C Condensor he said there were 2 in a NSX .
Is this right , I dunno ????

Only Front end damage

I guess the key is whether or not the chassis is still straight.

Sounds like a good opportunity to put in Mugen radiator and ditch the whole a/c system, Type R style :)

Speaking of which, I am told that the owner of the only Type R in Australia is looking to exchange his for ~$100,000.

Rob I think you asked a question but I can't see what it is I keep getting distracted by your avatar.

i have the same problem with your avatar

i want 1 so bad

i've driven an NSX twice in a carpark. but that just felt like driving an accord euro

and to make things worse. i no longer have my s2000. suffering from vtec withdrawal pretty badly

John how you been mate.
Trust me if the chassie is damaged i will be running away lol.
I guess i am looking for more of a cosmetic nelgected car :)
Oh BTW there is c30 and gear box for sale in the trading post to 5k.

Any ways back to the nsx. Considering the wheel arches are damaged im guessing the chassie rails are to, 20k tho who knows honda would quote u that to replace the front guards and bumber.

The red one is apperently shabby but has a full service history from honda (i have seen the history but not the car) If i talk get him to more realistic price i might end up getting her.

chicken we will get there one day :)

thanks for the reply's people

Australia is a big country and if the guy is not even willing to send you a single pic you're only waisting your time and thought about it IMO. At this price you'll be best by importing a good car from everywhere. :wink:

Sorry about my critic.

Australia is a big country and if the guy is not even willing to send you a single pic you're only waisting your time and thought about it IMO. At this price you'll be best by importing a good car from everywhere. :wink:

Sorry about my critic.

This is the problem with Australia , you can't import them anymore. Only if you live in another country for a year and bring it back as a personal import. Otherwise they would be everywhere , not such a bad thing .

This is the problem with Australia , you can't import them anymore. Only if you live in another country for a year and bring it back as a personal import. Otherwise they would be everywhere , not such a bad thing .

You have to understand that the Australian supercar industry needs all the government protection it can get.

If Aussies could import cars from overseas whilly-nilly, or even import aftermarket NSX parts without being raped by taxes and duties, I bet there wouldn't be quite so many $100,000+ Australian cars being built.

You have to understand that the Australian supercar industry needs all the government protection it can get.

If Aussies could import cars from overseas whilly-nilly, or even import aftermarket NSX parts without being raped by taxes and duties, I bet there wouldn't be quite so many $100,000+ Australian cars being built.

What Australian Supercars ??????? Holdens :confused:

what the goverment does not understand is that there are lots of people who simply dont want the lack of extras you get in an over priced australian built car.
BUT
if we could import NSX's i would do it, problem is all you guys with local ones will have you car dropping in value rather quickly.

This guy has still not replied to my txt's or emails so yeah guess he is not to interested in selling.
If i remember correctly i seen pic's befor it went to auction and the boot lid didnt look like it would shit correctly, saying that im assusming the chasie is twisted

Ok, that is certainly a major problem I was not aware of. But how about this idea :D: This opens a market for people who live outside Australia for a few years and then come back bringing a car with them and sell it as soon as the car is imported. It's not illegal as far as all Australian conditions are fulfilled. :tongue::D:D:D

Ok, that is certainly a major problem I was not aware of. But how about this idea :D: This opens a market for people who live outside Australia for a few years and then come back bringing a car with them and sell it as soon as the car is imported. It's not illegal as far as all Australian conditions are fulfilled. :tongue::D:D:D

Already thought of this , would have to be someone you trust with a great deal of money though . As they would have to have the car in their name and registered in , say Japan for 1 year no less .

I wish I thought of this 2 years ago when my Sister went to England for a year , she could have bought me back a nice Ferrari , No Compliance .
would have made a tidy profit too

I jst spoke to the guy
apperently the front chassie rails are damaged,
7k for labour and paint he has been quoted, not including parts.

Dun like dealing with a damaged chassie personally but what u guys think?

I jst spoke to the guy
apperently the front chassie rails are damaged,
7k for labour and paint he has been quoted, not including parts.

Dun like dealing with a damaged chassie personally but what u guys think?

Thats interesting he told me 20k to fix everything . I called him again today , to get me some damn pictures , and keeps asking how keen I am . Bit hard to be keen with no pictures

Thats interesting he told me 20k to fix everything . I called him again today , to get me some damn pictures , and keeps asking how keen I am . Bit hard to be keen with no pictures

yeah mate its hard being an interstate buyer, i wouldnt wanna wast my time going there to see a heap of crap.

7k was not including parts so u need pannels n all that to. 20k would be about right. hard thing would be getting the front end straight again i guess

Back