• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Damn!!! Please READ and advise

I'm so upset!!! Being careful as I am, I went to a restaurant and parked my car as close to the curb as possible (on the passenger side). Well, you guessed it, I scraped the edge of the rims (the front and rear). Can this be repaired perfectly (without issues such as the repair work showing itself years down the road) - I mean I want this fixed, brand new condition. I live in Tampa. I heard about a company called Transwheel. I have a $50 deductible on comprehensive insurance - can I just have them replaced and be done with it? Also, another topic......I want to get my engine and underneath the car detailed to perfect condition. Who or how do I do this?

It is not comprehensive when you hit a curb but collision.
If you have painted wheels, Transwheel or any good wheel repair company should be able to make it right.

I don't have painted wheels. They're the wheels that came on the car. Is it better to replace them or is a repair shop capable of restoring it (whatever the process) - and by the way, what "is" the process?

A good wheel shop can make them look just like new, and they will last for years. They "work" the edge of the metal to restore the lip, and then they refinish the entire wheel.

Wheels America has a location in Miami and will fix them for $109/wheel.

I don't know if there is any place in Tampa.

Transwheel is more expensive and I have heard that they don't like dealing with consumers, only with service places and body shops.

I would not file a collision insurance claim for something that would cost ~$250 to fix, including shipping.

Good luck.

I would not recommend filing a claim with the insurance company over something so small. They are already trying to find excuses to hike insurance rates. This will give them more than enough provocation.

They will probably cover this if you file a claim, but beware that (in CA at least) the claim will remain on your record for 3 years. You will pay dearly for it during this time.

Supo, you have mail, I am right across the pond from you in clearwater

Back