• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Damn you main relay switch.......lol

Rush hour traffic,at the light , friday, first gear trying to take off and leave everybody behind.........o noooo,no power,engine light on blinking and shut off,thank God for some good drivers behind me that were carefull and did not made a mess of my Nsx,i knew right away:mad:(A big thank to the Nsx Prime for the knowledge, you all are awesome) main relay......i was days away from getting my spare one....lol , it gave me two warning signs before ,,,,would not start only after a few tries,,,Please get your main switch relay and change it

Oh man, that isn't good news. Well, at least it is an easy fix. Mine hasn't given my any warning signs yet, had to replace it on my Prelude though.

That should be the 1st item people purchase when getting a used NSX. Buy it, install it, forget it.:wink:

haha my relay went out at the light a couple months ago. Pretty embarassing. fortunately I didnt have to even order one, O'Reillys had one :eek:

haha my relay went out at the light a couple months ago. Pretty embarassing. fortunately I didnt have to even order one, O'Reillys had one :eek:
lol....i know ,thank god for that the nsx is damn light and i lift weights(personal trainer) so i pushed the car so easily out of traffic up to a small hill into a parking lot,people were just slowing down and wondering ...wtf.. i almost shouted ...it is a new workout fellows,give it a try.........

Last edited:
Oh man, that isn't good news. Well, at least it is an easy fix. Mine hasn't given my any warning signs yet, had to replace it on my Prelude though.
I would go ahead and change it ($ 70) just to be safe, one of my friends prelude did the same thing and he just replaced it,i believe was more expensive then the nsx....lol

I bought a brand new OEM one and keep in in the glove box. It's easy to remove the rear panel to access the relay, so if mine acts up I'll just change it then. I had to replace the main fuel relay on a number of previous Honda and Acura cars too in the past.

I think the main relay on my 93 is ready to give up the ghost too. My car will occasionally not start even though it cranks, and the battery is new. Time to order 2 (1 as a spare)! Are they the same for my 93, 97, and 99?

Also, was the one at O'Reillys OEM? Or is it something that's common across Acuras/Hondas?

I would go ahead and change it ($ 70) just to be safe, one of my friends prelude did the same thing and he just replaced it,i believe was more expensive then the nsx....lol

I seem it remember it was in the 60-80 dollar range, lol. Yep, about 10 bucks more than the NSX.

I think the main relay on my 93 is ready to give up the ghost too. My car will occasionally not start even though it cranks, and the battery is new. Time to order 2 (1 as a spare)! Are they the same for my 93, 97, and 99?

Also, was the one at O'Reillys OEM? Or is it something that's common across Acuras/Hondas?
yep mine did the same so i placed the order but it was too late, get yours as soon as you can, the
1991 to 1994 used a cable to activate the throttle, the cars from 1995 and up used electromechanical actuators setup to do that, no cable ! Sometimes called ECT - Electronic throttle control so get a 91 ,part number 39400-SL0-003

yep mine did the same so i placed the order but it was too late, get yours as soon as you can, the
1991 to 1994 used a cable to activate the throttle, the cars from 1995 and up used electromechanical actuators setup to do that, no cable ! Sometimes called ECT - Electronic throttle control so get a 91 ,part number 39400-SL0-003

Will do, thanks for the info and heads up! Much appreciated. :)

Back