• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Day 5 NSX review

I had never driven an NSX until moments before I paid for the one I have now. I have worked through most of my emotional issues with the car, got the a/c almost fixed (needs 1 more bump in the charge, passenger side working, drivers does barely, and its held the charge for several days now), and have come to terms with what appears to be a rough spot that is common around the 1500 rpm range, but even that is a little better now that it has digested some Techron

The NSX is just freakin refined, thats the only word I can use, it works well as a touring car on the highway, it handles like there is no effort in it on turns, and it goes pretty damn fast. Windows down is a lot of input, but not overly, windows up with a/c is like driving a spaceship. I am fortunate that right at the moment everything seems to be working on the car, the orig Bose radio is actually pretty nice and the CD changer seems to be good too. I still cant believe that it is in the garage,and am trying to stay focused on work/life/family

S2000- I also own an S2000 (my 2nd one), and it doesnt really compare to this,it is a completely different thing, excellent in its own way, and a cousin to the NSX. The S2000 is buzzy and adreneline like compared to the smooooothness of the NSX.

Integra Type R-there is no direct comparison to these 2 cars, the Type R I used to have was all about sensory overload... great!!! it was the only front wheel drive I have seen that could throttle steer?!? Excellent car, wish I would have kept it.

2007 TL type S- Dare I say the NSX has more in common with this car than any of the others I have owned, in fact if we could shed 500-700 lbs off of it and lower it 3 inches and have the rear wheels be the drive wheels, it would be pretty damn close

At the end of the day, the NSX is in a class by itself, at least in my range of auto experience. It may not be the fastest, the lowest, the smallest, lightest etc... but it does everything I have asked it to do, and a lot I didnt expect.

MPX (hey I can post in this part of the forum now!!!)

Congrats and welcome! Thanks for the insight, you've had my dream garage! I had an ap2 s2000 and while it was great, it doesn't compare to the NSX.

And I've always wanted a TypeR, my ideal garage would be all 3... Maybe someday.

"...if we could shed 500-700 lbs off of it ( TL Type S) and lower it 3 inches and have the rear wheels be the drive wheels, it would be pretty damn close."

I don't know how much it'd be like a NSX but it'd be pretty damn close to a M3 killer.

Integra Type R-there is no direct comparison to these 2 cars, the Type R I used to have was all about sensory overload... great!!! it was the only front wheel drive I have seen that could throttle steer?!? Excellent car, wish I would have kept

Oh the Type r I love that car , so raw. I would still have it except it got stolen. Extremely fun car to drive

The roughness at 1500 rpm is normal for the NSX. That is the characteristics of a 90 degree V engine. That roughness was originally bothering the hell out of me too until I meet up with someone with a 2005 NSX with 21K miles on it and his did the exact same thing.

yeah I thought something was wrong with the car @1500 it is noticible, but get past that and its as smooth as anything
but thanks again to NSXPrime I heard it was a fairly common thing

The roughness at 1500 rpm is normal for the NSX. That is the characteristics of a 90 degree V engine. That roughness was originally bothering the hell out of me too until I meet up with someone with a 2005 NSX with 21K miles on it and his did the exact same thing.

Add short JDM gears, race exhaust and manifolds and lose some weight and you'll find it a little more entertaining! I drive my JDM na1 regularly on track and find it flippin amazing -two years on.

Add short JDM gears, race exhaust and manifolds and lose some weight and you'll find it a little more entertaining! I drive my JDM na1 regularly on track and find it flippin amazing -two years on.

For now I am going to be happy with stock, even the wheels and tires... which I don't particularly care for, I am going to drive it for a year and make sure no expensive bugaboos pop up, and then at least replace the wheels and exhaust, since the stock exhaust rattles a bit when cold. I am in kind of a dilemma with mods on the car, since it is this old, and has only 39-40k miles... maybe any serious mods are not a good idea. I guess it all goes back to looking at the cars as an investment... ie keeping it stock (bleh) or doing some light mods to it and driving it (yay). I can tell you this, I have not owned a single car in my life that remained stock, with the exception of my 'wifes cars'

congrats that feeling never goes away I still have it to this day

CONGRATS!!!!! Nice collection of cars btw, I went through a good deal of cars... nothing like your collection but i had a 99 Integra Ls, 00 Accord v6 coupe, 06 Is350, 03 S2000 and then i finally found my 92 GPW.... There is no other car like this one! I still have that feeling everyday ever since i bought the car. Amazing machine!

Last edited:
I've never noticed the 1500 rpm thing, interested to see if its there and I just don't notice it.

Same here. I finally managed to jump start mine last night (yay!) and drove it around for 20 minutes so that the battery re-charged and I didn't notice anything at the 1500 rpm mark.

Nice review. I have owned mine for 6 weeks now and the car keeps growing on me the more I drive it. :) I had a 02 S2000 that I thought I would really miss after getting to and NSX, but I only miss it in one area - shifting -> NSX shifter is smooth but not S2000-good. That's it! The NSX is a blast to drive at any speed and any RPM, the S2000 I always felt the need to wring it by it's collar to drive fast and have fun. :)

Well this will be my 2nd weekend with it, driving out to dinner tonight, and tomorrow going to cinci with it to show one of my gearhead/guitar friends and maybe stop by Source1. "but I only miss it in one area - shifting -> NSX shifter is smooth but not S2000-good. That's it! The NSX is a blast to drive at any speed and any RPM, the S2000 I always felt the need to wring it by it's collar to drive fast and have fun".. I took my S2000 out Wed and Thursday... damn it is such an excellent car too!!! I don't think I can sell it... maybe I will keep it... hmmmmm

Congratulations. Mine is now over 13 years old and I still grin every time I take her out. The sound of the motor switching to the "big cams" is the best. Love VTEC!

Yes you must (keep the S). I would have but alas it was totaled. But, I will be on the hunt for a S in a few years :)

Nice review. I have owned mine for 6 weeks now and the car keeps growing on me the more I drive it. :) I had a 02 S2000 that I thought I would really miss after getting to and NSX, but I only miss it in one area - shifting -> NSX shifter is smooth but not S2000-good. That's it! The NSX is a blast to drive at any speed and any RPM, the S2000 I always felt the need to wring it by it's collar to drive fast and have fun. :)

Oh the Type r I love that car , so raw. I would still have it except it got stolen. Extremely fun car to drive

x2. Great car. Like a lot of people, I went ITR -> NSX
I put just over 100,000 miles on my ITR before trading up to a NSX. Super fun car. You could throw it into a turn at mach1 and it would just make it happen.

Congrats on your NSX and thank you for posting this.

It's funny to see how many people post just how much the like the NSX after buying it.
I felt exactly the same after buying mine and still enjoy just sitting in the car, let alone drive it :)
Am not sure if other people feel the same when the get a 911 or something like that, but the NSX still seem to be able to surprise people after 20 years.

Whenever I sit in a 20 year old 911, Lotuse Esprit, Ferrari 348 it just feels (very) old to me. I have friends who own a NSX AND a 911 and they all mention just how refined the NSX feels compared to their other cars.

Congrats on your NSX and thank you for posting this.

It's funny to see how many people post just how much the like the NSX after buying it.
I felt exactly the same after buying mine and still enjoy just sitting in the car, let alone drive it :)
Am not sure if other people feel the same when the get a 911 or something like that, but the NSX still seem to be able to surprise people after 20 years.

Whenever I sit in a 20 year old 911, Lotuse Esprit, Ferrari 348 it just feels (very) old to me. I have friends who own a NSX AND a 911 and they all mention just how refined the NSX feels compared to their other cars.

yes I had a close friend finally got to take a ride in it yesterday, and one of the things he mentioned is how the cars interior didn't seem 'old'. I processed that info and when I got home sit there for a while after shutting it off and looked around, and you know, the design of the interior is sort of Spartan and at the same time just enough modern elements to keep it from aging.

MPX (NSX owner for over 1/10000th of a century)

Back