• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Day of frowns turns into day of Triumph

My ABS unit today, decided it was going to start the 5 seconds on 5 seconds off crap.

Usually at this point, most people either disable it, remove it, or buy a new unit (or reman / new to them) and move on with their lives.

As you all know, I am not rich so while I would have probably gone with Option 1, I decided I was going to see if I could fix the unit first before taking it out of the loop all together.

Long story short, after much homework and a trip or two to O'Reilly, My ABS unit now works better than it EVER did before, and doesn't have to 'pressurize' every time I turn the car on.

If any of you early ABS guys have your unit pressurizing every time you turn your car on (it really shouldn't), let me know... I may be able to help!

And no I won't be posting my method yet!

If any of you early ABS guys have your unit pressurizing every time you turn your car on (it really shouldn't), let me know... I may be able to help!

And no I won't be posting my method yet!

Most of us who have owned our cars for over a decade know how to resolve this issue. I even taught my local Acura dealership how to fix the problem when they wanted to replace my entire ABS system 11 years ago.

You can keep your "method" to yourself. :biggrin: it's really no big secret if someone searches the wiki.

Most of us who have owned our cars for over a decade know how to resolve this issue. I even taught my local Acura dealership how to fix the problem when they wanted to replace my entire ABS system 11 years ago.

You can keep your "method" to yourself. :biggrin: it's really no big secret if someone searches the wiki.

Just was LOL'ing at the fact that everyone said they weren't rebuild able upon failure.

I initially tried the 'wiki' versions of bleeding it etc to no avail...

Back