• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DC-area NSX event set for Sun. 4/16 !!!

I finally reached 03 on his cell after the karting. He said he and all the occupants are all fine, but they did go to the hospital. Unfortunately the car spun and may be totalled.

td2k and I were in front, and when we made the turn onto Rte. 9 we realized they were no longer behind us. We waited until traffic came up behind us and then proceeded to the next pull-off. We waited there for a while but when they didn't show assumed they had turned onto Rte. 9 the wrong way.

03- We are so sorry about your car, but most importantly are glad that you and your family are okay. Let us know if you need a ride to WV to look into the car repair, or if there's anything else that we can do to help.

Oh my gosh...

Are you guys kidding me?

I guess this why the cell phone was not being answered when we were trying to hook up with you?

I am glad everyone is ok.

Pedro... I need to mail your radio to you. PM me so I can get it to you.

Geeze... I can not believe this.

Sorry again.

Lee

Hello. I just want you all to know that my family and I are all OK. My wife and I just got a couple of bruises and general body discomfort. My oldest kind got only a bump on his head and he is doing great. The two youngest were not hurt at all.
The car is another story, frontal impact @ 30mph with a stone wall. I'll post some pictures later. The cause of the accident was oil on the road. It was everywhere, and so much that the cop asked the fire truck to wash the road after they remove the car. At the hospital, we heard that there were more than 4 accidents in Charles Town the same day, between 2:00-5:00 pm that afternoon.
Gentlemen, don't worry about the radios. Keep them until we meet again. I know some of you have a good relationship with Pohanka Acura, and I might need a hookup for a TL.

Glad to hear that everyone is doing okay.

Wow- 4 accidents in a small town is a lot. I always try to remember that the road surface is most slippery at the beginning of a rainstorm, especially if it has not rained for several days. The initial rain "lifts" oil and other deposits from the road surface. After it has been raining a while, the deposits will eventually be washed away. But the surface is VERY slick until then. I think that in the back of my mind I was assuming that area had had the same amount of rainfall the previous night as we had. Not a good assumption on my part.

I do know the General Manager at Pohanka if you decide to go there. Give me a call any time. -HS

This is how the road surface looked like at the moment of impact.

Attachments

• oil on the road.jpg
    oil on the road.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 163
Last one. Check out the oil marks in the left-front tire.

Attachments

• crash front low.jpg
    crash front low.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 164
Look at the way all the impact was absorbed by the collapsing design. Nothing beyond the firewall looks like it got touched. Imagine this in a earlier model car.

Glad to hear that no one was hurt. Bent metal is painful but not in the worst way.

Pedro,

I PM'ed you the list of the Checkbook recommended body shops in Va and their ratings. Let me know if you have any problems getting to it.

Back