• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

12th Annual CalCoastal NSX Canyon Drive - A NOT To Be Missed Event!

Great Drive, and excellent food. A real treat visiting Honda. I have tried to get into that facility for a long time. Everyone had a fun time. Sad for the one ticket of the event. The roads were pretty bad. John I thought you guys swept them in the morning? Gil we missed you. And of course a thank you to John, Tina, and Scott
Manny

Last edited:
The road work happened after the routes were planned. I'm glad it was only for a short while. Not sure what they were doing with the roads, as they seemed semi finished but with way to much gravel left over?

Awsome Event! Thanks to John, Tina Scott,... for all the work it takes to put on a FIRST CLASS EVENT!

Now I need to clean a Very Dirty Car!:wink:

Thanks again!:cool:

I think I ended up with the dirtist car out of everyone. Apparently my rear diffuser really likes to pick up dirt.

Thanks to everyone involved in putting together another great run. 12 for 12 and still enjoying every moment. HPD was an awesome surprise, though I wish we could have taken photos on the inside. ;)

I haven't had a chance to even look at my photos yet, but I know I snapped a very similar panorama to the awesome one phyrxis posted. Only difference is that FuryNSX's car is in the center of mine. You saved me the trouble of stitching mine together...I've got plenty more shots of Randy's car to process since I was behind him for most of the drive. :D

As for the dirt, I've been afraid to look under my car...

Thanks to all who helped setting this up especially to Scott and John. I cannot imagine the work that was involved in organizing this event. A nice showing of stock, modified, two Zanardi's at the drive, and amazing sound that we all make with our exhaust whaling through the canyon and tunnel. Truly memorable, and I had a great time. I also won a LARGE "Dent Works" T-shirt and bought a Honda Racing Jacket at the HPD. Oh yes, the food was great, and thanks for accommodating for my big appetite where I was able to get seconds... and third. :)

A short part of the drive was a little gravelly. I think that resulted from a bad slurry seal job for the existing pavement.

Look forward to the pictures and wonder if Honda will send us the pictures they took for us.

Had an awesome time, thanks to John, Christina and Scott for putting everything together!!! I really didnt know what to expect since this was my first CCNSX event and I must say I'm already anticipating next years :D

Colin, I won one of your sonastands ;) right after you left and showed me the iPhone 5 version. I must say, EPIC!! I have the 4 version though so i'll pm you later about that if you are able to accommodate the alter

Someone must have asked HPD about their Pikes Peak NSX right??????????????

C'mon guys. Spill it!

6T4A0621-1344473848TH.jpg

Actually we learned a lot about the Acura and Honda products. Would love to tell you but they had us sign a non-disclosure document. :frown:

For those that dont have a radio, it might be worth looking at this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

I went ahead and bought that and the optional programming cable to make it easier. It was like $60 shipped for all so something to think about.

I'd like to give props to Adrian for this little gem. I already had one of the old club radios but when I saw this I thought to myself, "Self, why don't you upgrade to this little beauty. If it works, great. If it doesn't, ship it back and you still have a radio."

Well it worked perfect. Hands free and crystal clear. For any of you that join us in our drives, these things pay for themselves in no time. And at this price? Do yourself the favor. Thanks Adrian.

Had a blast at my first CCNSX event, good roads for the most part - the causality of the drive, lost the front tow hook cover - probably from a rock hitting it. The HPD tour was cool and interesting, the CRZ weren't too shabby to look at either :biggrin:

Thanks John, Scott, Christina, HPD, and everyone else to who helped with the event. Great job everyone!!! Looking forward to next year!

David

Last edited:
I'd like to give props to Adrian for this little gem. I already had one of the old club radios but when I saw this I thought to myself, "Self, why don't you upgrade to this little beauty. If it works, great. If it doesn't, ship it back and you still have a radio."

Well it worked perfect. Hands free and crystal clear. For any of you that join us in our drives, these things pay for themselves in no time. And at this price? Do yourself the favor. Thanks Adrian.

Tell us how it was a hands free device?
Thanks,
Manny

Tell us how it was a hands free device?
Thanks,
Manny
It has a patch cord that plugs into the side of the radio. On that wire is a push to talk (PTT) microphone and earpiece. The radio also has (VOX) which is totally voice activated for the microphone. In other words it transmits only when you speak. Hands Free.

No problem buddy! I love my new radio. I TOTALLY forgot about the VOX feature or else I would have taken my earpiece so I wouldnt have to key the mic so much while driving. The only think I will do to it is buy a larger antenna and I will be happy.

No problem buddy! I love my new radio. I TOTALLY forgot about the VOX feature or else I would have taken my earpiece so I wouldnt have to key the mic so much while driving. The only think I will do to it is buy a larger antenna and I will be happy.

No need on the larger antenna. I just clipped the radio to the map pocket behind the passenger seat and threw in the earpiece. I had zero issues. Can't beat that radio for the price.

Of course VOX only works if you don't have the stereo going or a passenger yapping in your ear the whole time. If that happens, your mic stays open all the time and everyone will get pissy with you.

Someone must have asked HPD about their Pikes Peak NSX right??????????????

C'mon guys. Spill it!

Regan,

you can listen to this pot cast of the driver james robinson...starting at 27min mark. It has a LMP 2 engine$$$$:biggrin: Its built by the Honda Ohio R&D folks??? didn't know Honda had one there.
http://www.flatironsperformance.com...cast-004-pikes-peak-recap-w-scott-crouch.html

this is all we saw....no wind tunnel...no autoclave but a motorhead dream world nevertheless.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J7RPB3wYi0

I bought that radio also. It worked fine but the earphone was unclear so I did not use it . The instructions have so many abbreviated terms I had my ham radio expert tune it to our frequency. I also signed ip for Amazon prime to get free 2 day shipping, so the total price was $45+. You can cancel the $80 prime yearly fee within 30 days. Thanks to everyone for the great event.

Had an awesome time! Thanks to John, Tina & Scott for putting together this awesome unforgettable event. HPD was a nice surprise and I can’t wait to see what you guys do to top that next year :)

Last edited:
Thanks to John, Tina, Scott & HPD members and staff for a fantastic event!

Big thanks John, Scott, Tina, Linda for the great time. Thanks to the sponsors, shout out to bboxer for donating the b-line CAI that I luckily won in the raffle.
Thank you HPD for your hospitality. Very nice to see NSX friends again.

Does anyone know if our HPD tour guide was the same guy that drove with us in his black NSX with his little girl in her car seat in the passenger side?

Does anyone know if our HPD tour guide was the same guy that drove with us in his black NSX with his little girl in her car seat in the passenger side?

Yes, he was one of the tour guides.

Back