• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DC Sports Headers - O2 Extension Wires and Gaskets?

Hi Everyone,

I've just received my DC Sports Headers for my 93 NSX.......which also came with the DC Sports adapters.

The kit comes with one lengthy O2 extension wire for which the manual confirms is correct. I assume it is for the front header. I've seen some other header kits come with two O2 extension wires including an additional shorter one. Do I need the additional shorter one?

Another question I have is since I have a '93, I also needed the DC Sports adapters which connect between the headers and Cats. These adapters come with gaskets to go between the adapter and CATS. These are not the donut gaskets but the ones that fit into the groove of the CAT/adapter. They look a lot like the OEM ones in the following link. Would these gaskets be sufficient or should I try to reuse the old ones?

http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=2352

Or do I actually need someone like these?

http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=2355

Thanks.

Last edited:
Long wire is for the FRONT header. Goes from FRONT valve cover, over engine down to collector of the header, just before the FRONT cat;).

Sorry I do not recall the rear 02 sensor arrangement in detail, but may require a short extension, in fact that is likely.

You can reuse old gaskets.

HTH,
LarryB

Long wire is for the FRONT header. Goes from FRONT valve cover, over engine down to collector of the header, just before the FRONT cat;).

Sorry I do not recall the rear 02 sensor arrangement in detail, but may require a short extension, in fact that is likely.

You can reuse old gaskets.

HTH,
LarryB

Thanks Larry for the advice.

I did get my fronts and rears mixed up. :)

Strange that if the rear requires the short extension that the DC Sports kit didn't come with it.....

Back