• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dead battery - 2017

Had the 2017 on a trickle charger all winter Nov to March. Drove it last week a few times and had no issue, Hybrid batteries showed full still.

Left the charger off since I’ll drive it weather permitting and car was dead. Even the remote wouldn’t unlock it. Was cold a few nights, suspect it just means battery is spent at this point.

Lights were off, radio was off and doors unlocked.

For those that have replaced batteries, how long did the OEM ast?

Had the 2017 on a trickle charger all winter Nov to March. Drove it last week a few times and had no issue, Hybrid batteries showed full still.

Left the charger off since I’ll drive it weather permitting and car was dead. Even the remote wouldn’t unlock it. Was cold a few nights, suspect it just means battery is spent at this point.

Lights were off, radio was off and doors unlocked.

For those that have replaced batteries, how long did the OEM ast?

My OEM battery needed replacement after six months when I got my 2017. The second one lasted a long time. It sat for eight months and started right up the day I had to drop it off to be taken back. I didn't keep it on a trickle charger either.

I have heard from my local dealership that the batteries last around 4 years. That is in Southern California where cold is 45 degrees. The 12 volt runs the computer and accessories but does not actually turn the engine over. That is accomplished by the traction battery (Lithium Battery).

That’s the strange part. Hybrid system was full and still wouldn’t start. Understand if it doesn’t detect key fob, can’t start.

Would think it would be wired as a fail safe to always start, but alas it is not.

As an FYI, if the battery is dead there is no way to release parking brake.

bca2195691be00ac21453d8b5de7fe98.jpg

While searching I found this, which was pretty interesting. Didn’t think about a submerged vehicle, but some of you may find it useful.

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/web/BCI02958.pdf

Last edited:
Hey guys.. Long time lurker first time poster. I believe my batter is dead. But how can one get into the car? I unlocked it with the key but the window is in the frame and won't come down. I don't want to force it as I'm afraid of breaking it. I can't find instructions on how to get into the car and open the hood.

As I recall, when you open the door the window will drop about a half inch. You won’t hurt the car by pulling the door open. However until it drops you should not try and close the door. So as RyanRA states, just pull it open.

Back