• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Deposit contract to place an order?

Has anyone been able to place a deposit of any kind, or been shown / given any type of pre-order deposit agreement contract?

You know, something (anything) along the lines of something like this attached form I found through Google in the UK...

Just curious what form(s) are being use to place / take / hold / reserve NSX orders.

I don't know what you mean by " deposit contract to place an order".

I have placed a deposit and have an agreement for sale on the Acura dealer's standard form that they use for any sale.
No different than ordering a new MDX and putting a deposit down with the order.
Have you asked an Acura dealer in your area what they are doing?

I don't know what you mean by " deposit contract to place an order".

I have placed a deposit and have an agreement for sale on the Acura dealer's standard form that they use for any sale.
Have you asked an Acura dealer in your area what they are doing?

What I was asking about was some "other" contract or form that has some kind of verbiage in it obligating the buyer to the sale after they have placed their specific order on a car.

Something that gives the buyer the right to a refund of their deposit in the event that a price agreement is not reached - before spec-ing out and ordering the unit - but also gives the dealer recourse to recover some set amount, a penalty if you will, in the event that the buyer backs out after they have spec'd and ordered the car to be built. Something different than just the standard sales agreement...since Acura has never offered a car built-to-order like a new Ferrari. Does that make sense?

Obviously, the dealership doesn't want a bunch of cars spec'd, ordered, then refused...and then they're stuck trying to unload units that are spec'd odd or in an undesirable color scheme.

I'm more interested in the terms and verbiage used in such a form.

So to all of those that have placed a deposit of some sort: the Acura dealership is just using their standard commitment form sales contract? That still dosen't make sense since the NSX will be a made-to-order car, unlike just ordering an ILX, MDX, RDX, RLX, TLX, TSX, or SEX :)D).

Something that gives the buyer the right to a refund of their deposit in the event that a price agreement is not reached - before spec-ing out and ordering the unit - but also gives the dealer recourse to recover some set amount, a penalty if you will, in the event that the buyer backs out after they have spec'd and ordered the car to be built. Something different than just the standard sales agreement...since Acura has never offered a car built-to-order like a new Ferrari. Does that make sense?
So to all of those that have placed a deposit of some sort: the Acura dealership is just using their standard commitment form sales contract? That still dosen't make sense since the NSX will be a made-to-order car, unlike just ordering an ILX, MDX, RDX, RLX, TLX, TSX, or SEX :)D).

Still not sure what you are after here.
If you go to a dealership and want an MDX in certain specs and there's nothing in inventory then you have to order the car and it will be built to order.
That's been going on at all car manufacturers for decades and the dealerships have various forms to fill out and non-refundable deposits to get etc.

As Honda is not accepting orders for the NSX yet, as far as I know, all agreements made so far are between a dealership and their customers (as in my case).
Accavitti from Acura says a customer will be able to order an NSX online later this year so at some point those dealership agreements will need to be translated into factory orders.

Are you just looking for a blank contract you can use in your own business and want to use an Acura form?

Made to order??? never heard of the 3rd generation NSX being like that, if so they may sell a few thousand its better to have the car already made sitting on the lot and when " impulse buyers" see it etc they buy it

I put deposit down a few months before the superbowl then specs leaked out and it a 7 speed auto NOPE not in a exotic I will pass give me my deposit back

Made to order??? never heard of the 3rd generation NSX being like that, if so they may sell a few thousand its better to have the car already made sitting on the lot and when " impulse buyers" see it etc they buy it

I put deposit down a few months before the superbowl then specs leaked out and it a 7 speed auto NOPE not in a exotic I will pass give me my deposit back

Yes, the NSX 2.0 is going to be like at Ferrari or Wendy's...they build it after you order it.

NSX buyers are not "impulse buyers"...to us, the car is a religion. :D

I agree, I HATE that they are phasing out manual transmission cars, but even Ferraris only come as "girl" cars now-a-days.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you just looking for a blank contract you can use in your own business and want to use an Acura form?

No, it's not for me, and I do not own or run a business. I'm the service advisor at a Ferrari dealership, and we don't even have such a form, per se.

Last edited:
Since Acura is not accepting orders yet, any deposit you pay is only to the dealer, and only to secure a place at that dealer's wait list. It should be refundable, especially if you make the "sale" subject to final pricing and/or design. Of course, how the dealer handles wait lists is completely up to the dealer.

Once Acura starts production, and you spec and place an order, a larger deposit will be required, and may not be refundable it only partially refundable.

Something that gives the buyer the right to a refund of their deposit in the event that a price agreement is not reached
When I first put down a small deposit on an NSX back in 1987, the dealership used their standard sales form, showing an "estimated price" (which was way off). I asked them to write "refundable upon request" on it and they were fine with that.

I did not know the 3rd gen NSX were going to be made to order very cool.

oh Shawn, you can't stop change man.... its the way of the future in sports cars.
Its actually an intoxicating feeling listening to the rev-matching gear shifts.
I just hope it's a fast-shift, like the 458 and not like the Ferrari 360s.... (well, except for the CS model which had a TCU with 60ms shifts)

360 and 430 were single clutch robotic manual evolved from the 355. They were aggressive and clunky. 458 was a proper twin clutch which is where the super smooth super fast action comes in. All twin clutches, even the slower ones are fast. My concern is the 9 speeds. They describe it as synapse fast which I can believe but I'm concerned about the complexity and limited space available for so many ratios meaning the physical size can't be that big.

I'm only thinking it's going to limit how much more powerful I can make the engine. The GT-R gearbox is its limiting factor once you get to around 800bhp and that has a massive rear mounted 6 speed twin clutch. In the NSX they are putting what's probably a smaller physical size box with 50% more gears and an electric motor. Only upside being no transfer box, no centre clutch pack and no twin counter rotating front to rear driveshafts.

360 and 430 were single clutch robotic manual evolved from the 355. They were aggressive and clunky. 458 was a proper twin clutch which is where the super smooth super fast action comes in. All twin clutches, even the slower ones are fast. My concern is the 9 speeds. They describe it as synapse fast which I can believe but I'm concerned about the complexity and limited space available for so many ratios meaning the physical size can't be that big.

I'm only thinking it's going to limit how much more powerful I can make the engine. The GT-R gearbox is its limiting factor once you get to around 800bhp and that has a massive rear mounted 6 speed twin clutch. In the NSX they are putting what's probably a smaller physical size box with 50% more gears and an electric motor. Only upside being no transfer box, no centre clutch pack and no twin counter rotating front to rear driveshafts.

Let's hope Honda has over-engineered the tranny, considering their luck with transmissions over the years...

Adding to this thread. I left my McDaniels acura here in Charleston with a WTF are they thinking kinda mind.

Several of us were able to see the new nsx as the cars stopped at the McDaniels acura Columbia SC store. I met one of the charleston based sells guys there and set up a meeting to put a deposit down on the car. Sooooo what he was told to do..this dealership wants 50k non-refundable deposit...I asked again are you sure you are correct about that..he said he was told thats what corporate was telling the dealerships and if by chance the deal doesn't go through, I can pick any car from their current stock.......watch as I walk away..

Following up on those statements with other prime members and what they asked their local dealers ..that, of course ,was this dealership trying some underhanded BS..

Tesla is losing money on every car they sell apparently. See how that works out for them. When the dealerships are all gone who's going to take care of all your recalls and updates solidal? Maybe you will be able to connect your car to your computer for all that, and it will service your brakes and do an oil change too.:grumpy:

Tesla is losing money on every car they sell apparently. See how that works out for them. When the dealerships are all gone who's going to take care of all your recalls and updates solidal? Maybe you will be able to connect your car to your computer for all that, and it will service your brakes and do an oil change too.:grumpy:

Do you work or own a dealership? You sound like you do. Throwing profitability argument towards probably the most innovative and tech driven startup is weak. Electric cars are future. And the fact that I don't have to deal with greedy dealer makes it even better. Cleaner air around you and everything I'm not even talking about that.

Oh, so you figure Tesla will be around forever as they continue to lose money? And yes I own a dealership. You sound like you work for the government.

Oh, so you figure Tesla will be around forever as they continue to lose money? And yes I own a dealership. You sound like you work for the government.
Mystery solved. Nah not employed by government. I just happen to think we deserve better air quality and no dependency on oil. I know it's hard for someone so biased to see dealership as auto shop only (maintenance) and give up on profits selling cars. Like it or not it's going away. It's better to find ways to adjust than fight it. I'll come back in five years and internal combustion engines will be looked at like we look at steam engines now.

Here, I fixed that for you. ;)

I agree, however, about dealerships.
Ha. Sure just look at these prices ;)

721b41f5625ddeac17353180d76468e2.jpg

All we need is more gas guzzlers. We already know where to go for oil. Life quality aside this is pretty stupid to be so dependent on energy source we can't produce onsite. And I'm not even talking about level of complexity internal combustion engine vs electric motor. This is not even funny. It's been good run my gasoline powered friends.

Mystery solved. Nah not employed by government. I just happen to think we deserve better air quality and no dependency on oil. I know it's hard for someone so biased to see dealership as auto shop only (maintenance) and give up on profits selling cars. Like it or not it's going away. It's better to find ways to adjust than fight it. I'll come back in five years and internal combustion engines will be looked at like we look at steam engines now.
Mystery? I'm with you on a cleaner environment to leave our kids. I do get a bit defensive when people automatically assume that a car dealer is a skumbag criminal. The reputation unfortunately is fairly well deserved in many cases. We are up against the type of dealers you obviously hate on a daily basis. Some people speak of lawyers, cops, insurance agents, the same way you speak of car dealers. Not everybody should be painted with the same brush, no matter what they do. prym8 brings up a good point, how do you propose to make all this electricity? Better start putting up windmills and solar panels now to run your piece of shit Tesla.

Mystery? I'm with you on a cleaner environment to leave our kids. I do get a bit defensive when people automatically assume that a car dealer is a skumbag criminal. The reputation unfortunately is fairly well deserved in many cases. We are up against the type of dealers you obviously hate on a daily basis. Some people speak of lawyers, cops, insurance agents, the same way you speak of car dealers. Not everybody should be painted with the same brush, no matter what they do. prym8 brings up a good point, how do you propose to make all this electricity? Better start putting up windmills and solar panels now to run your piece of shit Tesla.

How many vehicles last month you have sold for MSRP? Roughly on average. Just to mute obvious slow sellers etc.

I can speak in regards of CA where 3/5th of electricity is generated by natural gas power plants. Natural gas is not only domestically but also locally produced. Then there is wind and sun power. Calling Tesla POS is a bit childish. And shows your lack of engineering outlook. I'm not talking about Tesla only. But electric vehicles overall. Fiat 500E is another great example.

Back