• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Detailer in Orange County

Can anyone recommend a top-notch detailer in Orange County? I tried contacting the guy who used to do NSXs but now seems to do mostly Ferraris, but never heard back. And I'm reluctant to try someone who doesn't come highly recommended on here.

I don't need anything major done, but some detailers are just miracle workers. The kind where you give 'em an ugly car and it comes back looking very good, or start with a car that already looks good, and they make it utterly spectacular. I used to have a guy, but he's now on the lam. (No joke.)

Thanks! Feel free to post here for posterity, or if you have contact info you'd rather not (email, cell phone) post, PMs are also welcome.

Last edited:
I usually detail my own but had a coupon and tried out SoCal Detail in Aliso Viejo. Very nice job and they too their time I can get you contact info if interested.

^^can you post their numbers or website address here? Also, is it a one day job, they do it while you wait?
Thanks.

^^can you post their numbers or website address here? Also, is it a one day job, they do it while you wait?
Thanks.

Could it possibly be these guys? I hope not..... 5 reviews and all 1 star....

http://www.yelp.com/biz/so-cal-detail-aliso-viejo

-Steve

- - - Updated - - -

I was looking at these guys....

http://glisteningperfection.com/

From their website it looks like they do some high quality work (says they were the proud detailer of the 2005 best in show winner at the Pebble Beach Concours de Elegance). However, not sure if I want to pay $700+ for a detail :eek:

Could it possibly be these guys? I hope not..... 5 reviews and all 1 star....

http://www.yelp.com/biz/so-cal-detail-aliso-viejo

-Steve

Yeah it was. The Yelp concerns about the phone contact is correct. I stayed wit the car the whole morning and worked on my laptop. They did a great job and I was very pleased. But I often detail so there really isn't a whole lot to clean up.

And mine?

In all my spare time? Sure, but it will cost you. We can talk about it next week at the meeting.

What, beer and a bunch of other NSX owners watching is not enough? It was for Jonathan:tongue:

DetailDay007.jpg

DetailDay011.jpg

DetailDay010.jpg

DetailDay008.jpg

Best detailer I know:biggrin:

Looks like any day at CALTRANS with one guy working and everyone else standing around being propped up on a shovel.

Now the beer portion....

Jc, do you use a power buffer? I was t really into it u til Coz turned my trunk to glass. It was stupid smooth. If so, detail away ;)

You wax with that, I'll do any tedious maintaince in yours. For example the fuel filter. Easy, but tedious. 9 years and 50k miles, I poured it out and it looked darker than it should have. Got to drive it today to see if it improved anything :)

Yes I have a 9" random orbiter that I use. Meguiar's all the way, baby.

Speaking of Meguiars. They are located in Irvine very close to John Wayne airport and offer a FREE detailing class every Saturday. They welcome groups. The class takes a half day. They have coffee / donuts for you in the morning and bring in pizza for lunch. ALL FREE They have an actual classroom and several bays set up where you will "practice" using actual power tools and chemicals that they provide. One car is usually chosen as the demonstration vehicle and one of their professional detailers will show you correct techniques. Once your car is properly detailed it is very easy to maintain. DID I MENTION THAT THEY WELCOME GROUPS ???

This link will take you to their website where you can see photos of a class and classroom facilities:
http://www.meguiarsonline.com/

Last edited:
I tried to set up a group thing last year if you remember and there didn't seem to be any interest. Is there now, Prime community?

detailer in San Diego County

I realize the OP asked for Orange County but just in case anyone is also looking in San Diego County or you're willing to drive to Carlsbad, this ad was in the newspaper today. I've been to this shop and friends of mine have used them for detailing. They do an awesome job.

Attachments

• LLOYDS AD  .jpg
    LLOYDS AD .jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 84
i had mine detailed at Rhino Car Wash in HB and the car is sparkling now. cost me $299. it was an 8 hour job.

Back