• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

df stacy side skirts / carbon side strake

hi guys,

a couple people asked us if we had any plans to develop carbon side strakes for the nsx; similiar to our s2000 side strakes. well... here are some preview pictures of our carbon fiber side strakes for the stacys side skirts. we have a customer doing the 02 conversion with stacy side skirts so we mounted them up and snapped some photos so you guys can get an idea. [the sideskirts are not completely mounted as we only test fitted before we start painting] enjoy!

Attachments

• stacystrake01.jpg
    stacystrake01.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 880
  • stacystrake02.jpg
    stacystrake02.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,017
  • stacystrake03.jpg
    stacystrake03.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,107
  • stacystrake04.jpg
    stacystrake04.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 966
Group buy!? Vendor discount!? I'm down!

I have been waiting for something like this, do you know if these will fit on the OEM side Skirt?

+1 for the OEM 91 side skirts

This is just my opinion, but for this to look complete and not like a 'spare' add on, could you fabricate a short follow on piece to mount to the rear side corners of the 02 valence?

This way it would complete the flow of CF to the rear of the NSX, and for those of us with the CF 02 NSX-R diffusor, it would complete the CF wrap around the car. If anyone wants a complete CF look then they could add your CF front splitter for the full effect.

As I say, just my 2p's worth :smile:, but IMO a more complete solution than just the side pieces.

Out of interest, will you be able to offer any indication as to the effect these pieces have on the overall aero efficiency once fitted?

regards,

This is just my opinion, but for this to look complete and not like a 'spare' add on, could you fabricate a short follow on piece to mount to the rear side corners of the 02 valence?

This way it would complete the flow of CF to the rear of the NSX, and for those of us with the CF 02 NSX-R diffusor, it would complete the CF wrap around the car. If anyone wants a complete CF look then they could add your CF front splitter for the full effect.

As I say, just my 2p's worth :smile:, but IMO a more complete solution than just the side pieces.

Out of interest, will you be able to offer any indication as to the effect these pieces have on the overall aero efficiency once fitted?

regards,

+1. I like the idea.

Just by itself, it has no function and has no look (RICE).

I like it, post up some prices.

these fit only the stacy sideskirts... we may be making these for the stock sideskirts. pricing on this item is $475

a couple more photos on our track nsx... just needs paint! :smile:

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 857
  • 0002.jpg
    0002.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 581
  • 0003.jpg
    0003.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 549
  • 0004.jpg
    0004.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 526
  • 0005.jpg
    0005.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 503
blurynsx -

the contours on the oem side skirts and stacy side skirts are a bit different, therefore they will not fit... if there is a demand for the side strakes on oem side skirts (around 10 people), we will develop them. if anyone is interested in the side strakes for their oem side skirts, please post here. thank you!

blurynsx -

the contours on the oem side skirts and stacy side skirts are a bit different, therefore they will not fit... if there is a demand for the side strakes on oem side skirts (around 10 people), we will develop them. if anyone is interested in the side strakes for their oem side skirts, please post here. thank you!

hmmm I thought all skirts were flat on the bottom I must be missing something

Blury, the Stacys flare out slightly more on the front and much more in the back than the oem skirts. They were modeled after the '02 oems but more sculpted to allow for the more aggressive rear vent.

I'll take a set of the straks for the stacys @$475. Its a good deal.

Not to go OT but if DF can develop a vent routing system to bring air from the stacy vents to the rear brakes I think you may also have a winner.:cool:

blurynsx -

I would be interested in the side strakes for your (DF) 02 OEM skirts.

Last edited:
Whats it look like on the 02 side skirts? The 02 look very similar to the DF stacy skirts just without the vent?

Back