• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dining at The Dead Fish in November

The NSXCA- Sacramento Chapter invites the Bay and East Bay area members and enthusiasts for joint gathering over dinner at The Dead Fish. http://www.thedeadfish.com/

This is not being promoted or advertised as a club meeting but more of a social get together where the spouses/SOs should also enjoy the outing with perhaps a scenic drive or view.

The last joint gathering was organized by Lito at The Duck Restaurant in Lafayette, and we had 5 members from the East Bay that joined us; three were new and very eager to be part of such functions. Later that evening, Keith and Regina graciously hosted the group at their home showcasing the extensive NSX memorabilia. Here is the thread that started it. From all the feedback that we received, it was a great social gathering.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73939

And here are some pics.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75007

----------

I just finished talking to the manager of The Dead Fish Restaurant in Martinez (ok, Crockett for those who want to be precise).

The following dates are available as of now; he is holding them for us as a party of 30 but we need to confirm within a few days max:

Saturday 3:30 pm -6:30 PM (or after 9:00 PM)
11/18
11/25

Sunday dinner pretty much anytime we want; 5:00 or 6:00 PM?
11/19
11/26

Both days include indoor reservations but there is no room fee. If weather allows, we can sit outside in the patio but seating is limited to 4 or 6 per their concrete tables, with one table accommodating 8.

Large group menu is on their web and totals to $35 including tax and tip. If you opt for lunch it will be $20 but I didn't ask for lunch availability.

Parking is first come first served and they do have a dirt overflow across the street but the manager made clear they take no responsibility. Sundays will be less crowded but Saturdays will have more light and since it will be in the afternoon, should work as well.

Let me know ASAP. To avoid the "I am interested ....." and then the no shows, we will ask for a non-refundable $25 deposit as we have been down this road way too many times.

Hrant said:
The NSXCA- Sacramento Chapter invites the Bay and East Bay area members and enthusiasts for joint gathering over dinner at The Dead Fish. http://www.thedeadfish.com/

This is not being promoted or advertised as a club meeting but more of a social get together where the spouses/SOs should also enjoy the outing with perhaps a scenic drive or view.

The last joint gathering was organized by Lito at The Duck Restaurant in Lafayette, and we had 5 members from the East Bay that joined us; three were new and very eager to be part of such functions. Later that evening, Keith and Regina graciously hosted the group at their home showcasing the extensive NSX memorabilia. Here is the thread that started it. From all the feedback that we received, it was a great social gathering.

And here are some pics.

----------

I just finished talking to the manager of The Dead Fish Restaurant in Martinez (ok, Crockett for those who want to be precise).

The following dates are available as of now; he is holding them for us as a party of 30 but we need to confirm within a few days max:

11/18
11/25

11/19
11/26

Both days include indoor reservations but there is no room fee. If weather allows, we can sit outside in the patio but seating is limited to 4 or 6 per their concrete tables, with one table accommodating 8.

Large group menu is on their web and totals to $35 including tax and tip. If you opt for lunch it will be $20 but I didn't ask for lunch availability.

Parking is first come first served and they do have a dirt overflow across the street but the manager made clear they take no responsibility. Sundays will be less crowded but Saturdays will have more light and since it will be in the afternoon, should work as well.

Let me know ASAP. To avoid the "I am interested ....." and then the no shows, we will ask for a non-refundable $25 deposit as we have been down this road way too many times.

I will be there. put me down for two, Jill and Lito

Hrant said:

And here are some pics.

----------

11/18
11/25

11/19
11/26

i'm in +ONE,BILL-KATHY

Lito and Bill, any preference to a particular day/date?

1. Lito
2. Jill
3. Bill 11/18 or 11/25
4. Kathy
5. NSX Racer (either weekend)
6. NSX Racer

Last edited:
Hrant said:
Lito and Bill, any preference to a particular day/date?

1. Lito
2. Jill
3. Bill 11/18 or 11/25
4. Kathy
6. NSX Racer

I would pick the 18th....that way I can take Jill out for dinner the day after I am at Thunderhill 17th Friday for tracking.... :smile:

but if it ends up the 25th, that is fine...let just set the date and GO!! and have a nice dinner....I will buy drinks for first few gets there :biggrin:

We will have to make a decision of go or no go later today. Unless we get more interested parties with firm commitments, at this rate it seems it is a no go.

So, what's the status? I'd be willing to drop in any weekend eve - haven't been there in years. --twc

Dinan M3 said:
So, what's the status? I'd be willing to drop in any weekend eve - haven't been there in years. --twc

the Status is.....it is ON...:smile:

I have already told my wife we are going....so, we are going. it is a great middle location for Bay Area and Sac.

SOON ENOUGH, we all will be very busy for holiday company parties, others people parties to attend, going shopping...working late to make money for gifts, visiting relatives...........so ---> TAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF TO HANG OUT WITH YOUR CAR CLUB MEMEBERS. :biggrin:

I want to Support our NSX community and check out some bad Ass NSX's.:wink:

see ya there.
LitoG

Well, so far, all the names are from the Sacto chapter! We decided to go with a luncheon because it would be the same time as Hoover's original sent-off for Nalesh, and it is also cheaper. So what happened to all those who were going to attend Hoover's sent-off? Are we missing something?

1. Lito
2. Jill
3. Bill 11/18 or 11/25
4. Kathy
6. NSX Racer
7. NorCalWhite
8. NorCalWhite
9. Calvin
10. Calvin

Didn't realize that this had morphed to lunch - unfortunately, I have velodrome training every Sat and usually do my endurance ride on Sun so weekend lunchs don't work well for me. Hope you folks have a great time.

--twc

I've been out of the loop for a couple months and would like to make this. Still need to confirm though. Any decision on whether it's the 18th or the 25th? Are Lisa and Nilesh going to be there for their send off/welcome? I don't see them on the list :tongue:

I read in another thread ( http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78110 ) that this has moved to a lunch event. If this is the case, I'll be able to participate. I only didn't reply earlier because it was previously a dinner event and I already have evening plans. If Hrant or LitoG can confirm for me that it's a lunch event, I'll add my name to the list.

J

Confirmed :wink:

1. Lito
2. Jill
3. Bill
4. Kathy
5. Jeff F
6. Kay
7. Joseph
8. Valerie
9. Calvin
10. Kathy
11. Steve
12. Julie
13. Shane
14. Shane
15. Hrant
16. Hrant
17. James

Can you please add me to the list. Thank you Rob

1. Lito
2. Jill
3. Bill
4. Kathy
5. Jeff F
6. Kay
7. Joseph
8. Valerie
9. Calvin
10. Kathy
11. Steve
12. Julie
13. Shane
14. Shane
15. Hrant
16. Hrant
17. James
18. Rob

Well, we fell short of my target of 20 after extending the deadline several times and posting on Prime and on the lists; 13 of the 18 (72%) attendees are from the Sacramento Chapter and that includes the spouses/SOs! This doesn't look like a sent-off party to Nalesh to me; nor an opportunity to have a joint club meeting. Not after seeing all the interest in another thread.

Shane believes this is still doable as many will trickle later, so I will let him pick the ball from here if he so chooses and please coordinate with him. I will let the restaurant know of the date and that there is a luncheon function but the number is not determined yet. Beyond that, Shane its all yours :wink:

Hrant said:
15. Hrant
16. Hrant

Well, we fell short of my target of 20 after extending the deadline several times and posting on Prime and on the lists; 13 of the 18 (72%) attendees are from the Sacramento Chapter and that includes the spouses/SOs! This doesn't look like a sent-off party to Nalesh to me; not after seeing all the interest in another thread.

What a shame..:frown: If not for my family trip I'd be there.

Hrant would it be possible to move this to the first weekend in December?

Lito
2. Jill
3. Bill
4. Kathy
5. Jeff F
6. Kay
7. Joseph
8. Valerie
9. Calvin
10. Kathy
11. Steve
12. Julie
13. Shane
14. Shane
15. Hrant
16. Hrant
17. James
18. Rob
19.Ashik

I will be there.

Hrant said:
Well, we fell short of my target of 20 after extending the deadline several times and posting on Prime and on the lists; 13 of the 18 (72%) attendees are from the Sacramento Chapter and that includes the spouses/SOs! This doesn't look like a sent-off party to Nalesh to me; nor an opportunity to have a joint club meeting. Not after seeing all the interest in another thread.

Shane believes this is still doable as many will trickle later, so I will let him pick the ball from here if he so chooses and please coordinate with him. I will let the restaurant know of the date and that there is a luncheon function but the number is not determined yet. Beyond that, Shane its all yours :wink:

no, let's cancel it then.

i tried to compromise and see if we can generate enough interest, but you set the number and the deadline. it is what it is.

sorry Nalesh, i guess the timing wasn't right for us to throw you this party.

D'Ecosse said:
Maybe one problem is that there is no specific date or time mentioned in this thread ........

Ken, i started another thread with "UPDATE and the green arrow" in the front so people won't get confuse by it, guess someone else has better idea.

litoG said:
SOON ENOUGH, we all will be very busy for holiday company parties, others people parties to attend, going shopping...working late to make money for gifts, visiting relatives...........so ---> TAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF TO HANG OUT WITH YOUR CAR CLUB MEMEBERS. :biggrin:

LitoG

I think Lito said it best; lets take time out to have lunch together before the busy holidays are upon us.

It sounds like the Dead Fish idea is Dead as the event has lost a coordinator.

I would like to propose something that has worked very well for others in the past - A Hooter's Meet at Hooters in Dublin.

Personally, Lisa and I don't need a farewell party - we are just as happy hanging out with NSX enthusiasts whether it's a formal gathering or a simple coffee meet (BTW - Sac NSX crew - let's have lots of coffee meets next year).

If people are still interested, what do you think about a Hooters meet? Hooters doesn't require a three week advance sign up, its a casual atmosphere and we get good turnout

The other option is to cancel the whole thing, but that would be a sad way to end 2006.

I'll start a Hooters thread.

Last edited:
Nalesh and Shane, based on the responses form our Sacto folks, they are still interested in having a luncheon and some actually prefer dinner at the Dead Fish - irrespective of whether the rest of the Bay folks join or not! Nalesh, we would love to host you and your wife - our way of saying welcome. I have already told the restaurant to hold that date for a party of 20 for the Sacto Chapter.

But to be clear, here is the issue. I told Shane, if the Bay area folks do not show up on the list with commitments after numerous notices that we had deadlines to meet, then I would not coordinate this as a joint sent-off party. We will use it as our monthly club meeting date.

Unfortunately, the idea of having a joint event with Hoover's initial sent-off at the Dead Fish seems to have failed to generate enough interest from those who otherwise would have attended the sent-off at Hoover. We are frankly surprised by this lack of response with commitments given that the restaurant needs to know ahead of time. I don't know what people are waiting for to make such a commitments when there are logistics involved.

As I told Shane, we have done such functions zillions of times and early commitment is key in helping the organizers to have less headache instead of more. Shane believes that keeping the date open till 11/11 would generate the necessary numbers from the Bay area. I think that may indeed be the case, and its worth to do so since Sacto Chapter is already bringing 16 people to the table. Unfortunately I have learned not to operate on such late notices with a week to spare.

Here are the names from whom I have heard thus far after numerous posts. S refers to their being part of the Sacto Chapter; and frankly we should count Bill and Kathy as our members but will not for now. So, 16/22 are from Sacto. What can I say, Nalesh, you are loved before you arrive here :tongue:

1. Lito - S
2. Jill - S
3. Bill - East Bay
4. Kathy - East Bay
5. Jeff F - prefers dinner - S
6. Kay - prefers dinner - S
7. Joseph - S
8. Valerie - S
9. Calvin - S
10. Kathy - S
11. Steve - S
12. Julie - S
13. Shane - South Bay
14. Shane - South Bay
15. Hrant - S
16. Hrant - S
17. James - South Bay
18. Rob - S
19.Ashik - South Bay
20. Armando - S
21. Justina - S
22. Don W - S

mickeylex said:
It sounds like the Dead Fish idea is Dead as the event has lost a coordinator.
Nalesh, I think a bit unfair here.

Hrant posted this event prior to Shane and Hoover making their announcements.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=709492&postcount=3
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=709678&postcount=9

It's a frustrating job to organize events.

What makes it easier on organizers is when they can get real commitments early on.

Plus it's not fair to keep those that have committed early, to dangle right up to the events date if there isn’t enough interest.

Suitable cutoff dates permit participants the ability to plan their lives with some civility.

I hope those that read this can take something away from it.

Last edited:
Back