• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dining at The Dead Fish in November

I think the first post should have been updated with the date and time that was selected. The date/time is not apparent unless you dig through the thread, or see Shanes other thread. Shane had mentioned in that other thread that they need to let the restaurant know by 11/11 (a bit convoluted between the various posts/threads). That may have contributed to some people "slacking" on the comittment.

Anyway, you can count me in (myself and my wife) for lunch - Nov. 18th at 11am :biggrin:

1. Lito - S
2. Jill - S
3. Bill - East Bay
4. Kathy - East Bay
5. Jeff F - prefers dinner - S
6. Kay - prefers dinner - S
7. Joseph - S
8. Valerie - S
9. Calvin - S
10. Kathy - S
11. Steve - S
12. Julie - S
13. Shane - South Bay
14. Shane - South Bay
15. Hrant - S
16. Hrant - S
17. James - South Bay
18. Rob - S
19.Ashik - South Bay
20. Armando - S
21. Justina - S
22. Don W - S
23. Tariq - East Bay
24. Tariq - East Bay

Non-refundable deposit is fine by me too, if needed.

mickeylex said:
.........I would like to propose something that has worked very well for others in the past - A Hooter's Meet at Hooters in Dublin.

Personally, Lisa and I don't need a farewell party - we are just as happy hanging out with NSX enthusiasts whether it's a formal gathering or a simple coffee meet (BTW - Sac NSX crew - let's have lots of coffee meets next year).

If people are still interested, what do you think about a Hooters meet? Hooters doesn't require a three week advance sign up, its a casual atmosphere and we get good turnout

I'll start a Hooters thread.

That sounds good to me Nalesh - I think the formality of the Dead Fish thing just didn't garner interest with the local guys at this end.
I actually liked the first proposal better for what it's worth. Would much rather have just hung out in Hoovers shop than a formal sit-down event.

I'll meet for coffee or Hooters even if it's just us!

Appreciate all the comments re what could have been done better when/where etc., but then again, it seems all those who committed early understood what was offered.

Since The Dead Fish on 11/18 luncheon is now definitely on - given all the interest thus far, please let's keep this thread to those who want to attend The Dead Fish restaurant.

Nalesh, please make the final call if you want to join this group, or follow another option so we avoid too many cooks figuring out what/when/how to do on the same day. Hoover made a very nice compromising gesture to have a joint event to minimize competing and conflicting events and we thought that would be a no brainer for all.

Our interest is to promote club sponsored activities by reinforcing the benefits of being part of the NSXCA.

Hrant,

First off, let me just say we shouldn't have any doubts in our intention for putting together events for the nsx community, and we both know how hard and how much effort is required to put something together. You have done it and I have done it, many times in the past.

That being said, this is what we have learned so far. Nalesh and I have been working on putting together an event @ Hoover's shop for more than two months. As I’ve learned about Nalesh's move to Sac, I thought throwing them a sent-off party would be a nice theme for the event.

You have posted the dead fish back in 10/20. At that time you were not sure which date you wanted to go. Sac and Bay Area have always been a separate chapter. So when Hoover and I made plan for the Nov. club meet and we didn’t think it would interfere with the Sac Chapter. Different region and different crowds; you were doing dinner, we were doing lunch.

I have posted on 10/21 about the event @ Hoover’s. It was around 1pm when I sent out the email and at that time it was my understanding that there’s still no firm date set on the dead fish. Only after that, you have suggested the next day that we should have a joint meeting instead, which we gladly compromised.

I started another thread to make it less confusing for people since we are no longer doing it at Hoover's and the dead fish is changed from dinner to lunch. I also put down 11/11 as the cut off date because we are still 3 weeks away from it and from my past experience, one week advance notice should be sufficient and fair for everybody. You insisted on getting the 20 headcount and a deadline for people to sign-up was extended to Thursday. At the time of deadline, we had 18 ppl signed up and I told you that it’s in the ball park figure and we will get more as time draws near but it was your call on whether you want to proceed. Judging from what you posted here, it didn’t sound like you want to proceed anymore, and I don’t think it was right for me to pick the ball up since I didn’t started this whole idea and you've made your decisions.

Looking back now, I think it would’ve been best if we kept the way it was originally, you guys can meet up @ dead fish for dinner, and we have our lunch party @ Hoover’s shop. We can have joint meet at the near future, but since we can’t go back to Hoover’s, it would be better for the bay area folks to go Hooter’s instead.

Wowwww Shane wow ........... easy! You wanted to take responsibility for committing to making this a joint-event by relying on mustering enough support by 11/11. I discussed with you privately before your Update post regarding my position in coordinating such a function and you were amply advised what I would not commit to if you picked a date 11/11. The idea of joint event had a lot of merit but not on an assumption of what sign-ups may or may not materialize by 11/11. The restaurant is committing its private room that holds 50 people for no fee/deposit and in order for it to do so, it needed a gentleman's commitment to hold that room for us as a party of "sizable" number. Had we showed up with only 14 at best (not 18 as you note, as 2 could not make luncheon, and you canceled as well) he would have most likely lost potential revenues from turning another larger group away. We pride on our reputation of being a credible organization/club.

People had ample time to make a commitment given the number of parallel threads on the NW region. The date and time didn't change; the only thing that changed was the venue and it was no longer free as in hosted/catered by Hoover.

And I agree with you, I too think it is best that the original sent-off group does whatever it pleases at this time. 20-22 of us will be at The Dead Fish as an official NSXCA function, and anyone who wants to join us in supporting the an NSXCA event is welcome. That includes you, Nalesh, Hoover and any one else - member or to be a member.

--------------

Now back to the program. I just talked to the manager. The reservation is under NSX Club of America for Saturday 11/18, luncheon at noon. Given that we have at least 20, he will give us the private room and we can still eat outside in the veranda weather permitting. There are two options for menu. I am guessing we will pick from the largy party menu at $19.95 (inclusive of tax and tip) which should meet the needs for fish, meat and pasta lovers. Alcoholic beverages are extra.

http://www.thedeadfish.com/ptymenu.htm

Your Choice of one entrée/person served with a green salad

Crab Angel Hair Lasagna

Braised Boneless Short Rib

Crab Enchilada

North Beach Lasagna (has meat)

If we go with the Lunch menu, he is still willing for few (2-4 max), to offer a la carte - based on the a la carte prices - if nothing meets their dietary needs. Now if our size doesn't increase more than 22, he is also willing to accommodate us a la carte for all but again based on a la carte pricing. Neither he nor I would advise going a la carte given the timing/service involved. Also, whenever we have done a la carte, collecting the right amount from each has always been a disaster - often someone had to cover the balance or the club pitched in because we ended up being short. Going with the Lunch menu is a good bargain and the price is straightforward.

Wow! Lot's of interesting comments in this thread. Everyone wants the same thing - have a fun event and hang out with NSX fans. And yes, organizing is a tough thing to do.

First, let me thank Shane and Hoover for planning a meet at TurboHoses. The gesture alone is enough for Lisa and me. You guys know how much being a part of the Bay Area NSX community means to us and we are thankful for the friends we have out here. You know who you are :biggrin:

I'd also like to thank Hrant and the rest of the Sacto NSXers for the warm welcome. A couple of members from Lincoln/Roseville have already extended welcomes to us through PM and we look forward to becoming friends with the rest of you as well.

Lisa and I will attend lunch on the 18th at the Dead Fish (Lisa is a vegetarian, so we'll find her a non-meat option - it's just one entree, so no need to modify the menu - she can order a-la- carte).

The Bay NSXers know that I'm a HUGE fan of coffee meets. I'd like to do that before our final move (moving in the next three to four weeks). I'll post a thread for a coffee meet on a date other than the 18th. I'm thinking Dublin Starbucks or Bridgepointe Starbucks in San Mateo at 9:30am - date is TBD.

I hope everyone has a great week! Weather should be good. Go out and drive your NSX. :smile:

I've updated the list to include us. You will notice that I've removed the location identifier (S, Bay, etc), because I don't see a need to track that data. Let's foster a community feeling and leave attendee location stats out of it, unless there is a logistical need for something like that.

1. Lito
2. Jill
3. Bill
4. Kathy
5. Jeff F - prefers dinner
6. Kay - prefers dinner
7. Joseph
8. Valerie
9. Calvin
10. Kathy
11. Steve
12. Julie
13. Hrant
14. Hrant
15. James
16. Rob
17. Ashik
18. Armando
19.Justina
20. Don W
21. Tariq
22. Tariq
23. Nalesh
24. Nalesh (Lisa - veggie)

Last edited:
Nalesh...Great way to remind everyone.....and you are right....we are all here with the same passion for our NSX and in our Car Club.....for everyone

We are all the same, if you are:

Just love owning one
Going for drives
morning coffee
Doing your own work, tech talk
Track Rat
Shows cars

We share the same feelings……..we can’t get enough of this stuff :biggrin:

see you all there...

Lito

Re: Adding myself to the list of attendees.

1. Lito
2. Jill
3. Bill
4. Kathy
6. Kay - prefers dinner
7. Joseph
8. Valerie
9. Calvin
10. Kathy
11. Steve
12. Julie
13. Hrant
14. Hrant
15. James
16. Rob
17. Ashik
18. Armando
19.Justina
20. Don W
21. Tariq
22. Tariq
23. Nalesh
25. Gary

PS - I feel honored to be listed just after Nalesh and Lisa. :D

Re: Adding myself to the list of attendees.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Lito
2. Jill
3. Bill
4. Kathy
6. Kay - prefers dinner
7. Joseph
8. Valerie
9. Calvin
10. Kathy
11. Steve
12. Julie
13. Hrant
14. Hrant
15. James
16. Rob
17. Ashik
18. Armando
19.Justina
20. Don W
21. Tariq
22. Tariq
23. Nalesh
25. Gary

My friend Aaron/Photographer- he is checking to see if he can shoot photos for us...he has a $1500 DLSR camera.....so possible 1 more to this event.

Just a reminder to all who have committed to attend that the date is nearing. We are looking for a noon luncheon.

If for some reason your plans have changed and you will no longer attend, please notify us and don't be a no show without a courtesy notice. For those who still want to join, please do, and let me know ahead of time for a head count. We will be happy to add you to the list.

Unfortunately, it appears that we will not be able to collect the $25 non-refundable deposit up front to avoid "the I am interested but ......." I am trusting the good faith commitments of those on the list to come through. The issue has to do with our club's PayPal access/password which has not been resolved as of this post.

Edit: Added time for luncheon and change to the list

1. Lito
2. Jill
3. Bill
4. Kathy
5. Calvin guest
6. Calvin guest
7. Calvin
8. Kathy
9. Steve
10. Julie
11. Hrant
12. Hrant
13. James
14. Rob
15. Ashik
16. Armando
17.Justina
18. Don W
19. Tariq
20. Tariq
21. Nalesh
22. Nalesh (Lisa - veggie)
23. Gary
24. Fritz

Last edited:
Agenda of the club meeting was sent out to the NW-Regional and Sacramento Chapter e-mail lists. If you are a club member in good standing and are not on the e-mailing lists, send me a PM and I can forward it to you.

Just talked to the manager. Please select one choice from the four options for an entree an put that next to your name and post it back. Our choice of the entrees are from the $19.95 luncheon menu. http://www.thedeadfish.com/ptymenu.htm

There will be no option of going to the $39 menu. Also, they will allow only few to go a la carte based on their valid dietary needs.

Please assume your cost is $25 as we may have a few who will drop out without notice - been there many times. Unfortunately, we are still not set up for PayPal to have collected the funds with the commitments. If all show up as committed, your obligation will be $20.

The restaurant needs the final tally of each attendees entree selection no later than Thursday 7:00 PM. So act on this otherwise we will make the choice for you.

Crab Angel Hair Lasagna

Crab Enchilada

North Beach Lasagna

1. Lito
2. Jill
3. Bill
4. Kathy
5. Calvin guest
6. Calvin guest
7. Calvin
8. Kathy
9. Steve
10. Julie
11. Hrant
12. Hrant
13. James
14. Rob
15. Ashik
16. Armando
17. Justina
18. Don W
19. Tariq
20. Tariq
21. Nalesh
23. Gary
24. Fritz

Hrant said:
Just talked to the manager. Please select one choice from the four options for an entree an put that next to your name and post it back. Our choice of the entrees are from the $19.95 luncheon menu. http://www.thedeadfish.com/ptymenu.htm

There will be no option of going to the $39 menu. Also, they will allow only few to go a la carte based on their valid dietary needs.

Please assume your cost is $25 as we may have a few who will drop out without notice - been there many times. Unfortunately, we are still not set up for PayPal to have collected the funds with the commitments. If all show up as committed, your obligation will be $20.

The restaurant needs the final tally of each attendees entree selection no later than Thursday 7:00 PM. So act on this otherwise we will make the choice for you.

Crab Angel Hair Lasagna

Crab Enchilada

North Beach Lasagna

1. Lito
2. Jill
3. Bill
4. Kathy
5. Calvin guest
6. Calvin guest
7. Calvin
8. Kathy
9. Steve
10. Julie
11. Hrant
12. Hrant
13. James Crab Angel Hair Lasagna
14. Rob
15. Ashik
16. Armando
17. Justina
18. Don W
19. Tariq
20. Tariq
21. Nalesh
23. Gary
24. Fritz

is it too late to invite a guest? (I know it's close, but I kinda just met the person I'm considering inviting.)

J

Crab Angel Hair Lasagna

Crab Enchilada

North Beach Lasagna

1. Lito
2. Jill
3. Bill
4. Kathy
5. Calvin guest
6. Calvin guest
7. Calvin
8. Kathy
9. Steve
10. Julie
11. Hrant
12. Hrant
14. Rob
15. Ashik
16. Armando
17. Justina
18. Don W
19. Tariq
20. Tariq
21. Nalesh - Braised Boneless Short Rib
23. Gary
24. Fritz

:wink:
02#154 said:
is it too late to invite a guest? (I know it's close, but I kinda just met the person I'm considering inviting.)

J

Absolutely not! Bring your friend with you and let me know the entrée selections.

Our initial concern was trying to make sure we had enough attendance ............ we have no issues with going for max .......... :wink:

Crab Angel Hair Lasagna
Crab Enchilada
North Beach Lasagna

1. Lito
2. Jill
3. Bill
4. Kathy
5. Calvin guest
6. Calvin guest
7. Calvin
8. Kathy
9. Steve
10. Julie
11. Hrant Crab Angel Hair Lasagna
12. Hrant
14. Rob
15. Ashik
16. Armando
17. Justina
18. Don W Crab Angel Hair Lasagna
19. Tariq
20. Tariq
23. Gary
24. Fritz Crab Angel Hair Lasagna

Crab Angel Hair Lasagna
Crab Enchilada
North Beach Lasagna

1. Lito
2. Jill
3. Bill
4. Kathy
5. Calvin guest
6. Calvin guest
7. Calvin
8. Kathy
9. Steve
10. Julie
12. Hrant
14. Rob
15. Ashik
16. Armando
17. Justina
19. Tariq Crab Enchilada
20. Tariq Crab Angel Hair Lasagna
23. Gary

Crab Angel Hair Lasagna
Crab Enchilada
North Beach Lasagna

1. Lito
2. Jill
3. Bill
4. Kathy
5. Calvin guest
6. Calvin guest
7. Calvin
8. Kathy
9. Steve
10. Julie
12. Hrant
14. Rob
15. Ashik
16. Armando
17. Justina
19. Tariq Crab Enchilada
23. Gary Braised Boneless Short Rib

Crab Angel Hair Lasagna
Crab Enchilada
North Beach Lasagna

1. Lito Braised Boneless Short Rib
2. Jill Crab Angel Hair Lasagna
3. Bill
4. Kathy
5. Calvin guest
6. Calvin guest
7. Calvin
8. Kathy
9. Steve
10. Julie
12. Hrant
14. Rob
15. Ashik
16. Armando
17. Justina
19. Tariq Crab Enchilada

info on Photos: my friend Aaron has a birthday party to shoot the same day. can't commit the entire day, but I told him from 12-6, he will let me know today what times he can be there.

Nalesh, I have the info for the 7000lb 4 post car lift for your new home garage and also I contacted Fadi, the installer in the bay Area. I will bring to the Dead Fish.

litoG said:
Crab Angel Hair Lasagna
Crab Enchilada
North Beach Lasagna

3. Bill crab enchilada :smile:
4. Kathy crab enchilada :smile:
5. Calvin guest
6. Calvin guest
7. Calvin
8. Kathy
9. Steve
10. Julie
12. Hrant
14. Rob
15. Ashik
16. Armando
17. Justina
19. Tariq Crab Enchilada
thanks.........bill

Crab Angel Hair Lasagna
Crab Enchilada
North Beach Lasagna

3. Bill Crab Enchilada
4. Kathy Crab Enchilada
5. Calvin guest Crab Angel Hair Lasagna
6. Calvin guest Crab Enchilada
7. Calvin Braised Boneless Short Rib
8. Kathy Braised Boneless Short Rib
9. Steve - a la crate
10. Julie - a la carte
12. Hrant Crab Enchilada
14. Rob - Meat
15. Ashik ???
16. Armando Braised Boneless Short Rib
17. Justina - a la carte
19. Tariq Crab Enchilada
22. Lisa - Veggie a la carte
25. Gene Braised Boneless Short Rib

The menu selections have been faxed/ordered.

Last edited:
Back