• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DIY projects

I know some of this stuff isn't that complicated, but I think it would be more fun with friends, and may also be a good opportunity to share DIY knowledge. So I thought I'd throw this out there to gauge if anyone has any interest in hanging out and lending a hand with any of these projects over the next month or so. Here's what's on my list so far, and I'm willing to help others with their projects as well.

1. Install clear corners on MCB NSX
2. Remove and reinstall seats from both cars to clean carpet underneath
3. Install Shark II antenna on Silver NSX
4. Paint brake calipers on Silver NSX
5. Install iPod connector on one or both NSXs (maybe; haven't decided on this yet)
6. Remove/reinstall tail lights on Silver NSX
7. Replace A-pillars on MCB NSX

So, what do you guys think? What's on your to-do list?

Last edited:
I can sure help you with 1-4, but I never installed the iPod thingy.

I've done the following DIY mods on my NSX:
-interior stitching
-ghetto CAI
-shark antenna
-antenna delete
-HID kit
-center tail light debadge

Sweet! I know nsxter knows how to do most of this stuff too. It's just a matter of finding time. I may ping you to find out your availability one of these days, once I have time myself. :)

I might be interested in the Shark II antenna~~

I know some of this stuff isn't that complicated, but I think it would be more fun with friends, and may also be a good opportunity to share DIY knowledge. So I thought I'd throw this out there to gauge if anyone has any interest in hanging out and lending a hand with any of these projects over the next month or so. Here's what's on my list so far, and I'm willing to help others with their projects as well.

1. Install clear corners on MCB NSX
2. Remove and reinstall seats from both cars to clean carpet underneath
3. Install Shark II antenna on Silver NSX
4. Paint brake calipers on Silver NSX
5. Install iPod connector on one or both NSXs (maybe; haven't decided on this yet)
6. Remove/reinstall tail lights on Silver NSX

So, what do you guys think? What's on your to-do list?

Depending on when you want to do this and my schedule, I'd be more than happy to come and help/hang out. I've done the shark antenna, the USA-Spec Ipod adapter, and removed my tail lights to replace gaskets. All of them are no sweat, except for securing the nut on the shark II. That takes a little finess and I used a trick to help. Let me know when!

Thanks guys, I appreciate the offers of help. I'm working graveyard shift from home this week and next, and visiting my parents this weekend. I should be free next weekend to get some of these items punched out. I just went to O'Reilly Auto Parts and picked up some fasteners for my trunk carpet, but I need to get some more as I found more missing/broken fasteners. This really is fun for me, making my NSXs perfect. :)

Appears as though Poker Night will end up being Show-n-Tell night... :rolleyes:

Appears as though Poker Night will end up being Show-n-Tell night... :rolleyes:
There's nothing wrong with that. :D

I might have a few surprises up my sleeve
I wonder what my reaction will be: :eek::confused::smile::rolleyes::biggrin::cool:

My surprise won't be as WTF like Kelvin's, but I think you guys will like it! :biggrin:
Don't be so modest Mike, I have a feeling that you play for keeps. I am prepared to be wowed. :D

There better not be more than 1 Ace of Spades in the poker deck... :cool:

Yea, its kinda looking that way isn't it...

I might have a few surprises up my sleeve

A huge shout-out to Don for helping me get many items knocked off my DIY list this past weekend.

Don, you are awesome! :smile:

And I love the Shark II antenna on my silver NSX, even if it was a major PITA to get it installed.

2012-05-13_03.jpg

Back