• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

dizzy from acceleration

i did a 0-100mph today and i became woozie. ..thought i was going to pass out. i had a similar feeling once when i was going around an exit @60mph. does anyone know what i'm talking about? was it from the G's? how many G's are we looking at at full acceleration? can't be that much. maybe it was the combination of no sleep and hunger.

i think it might have been the sleep, and hunger.... usually takes more than a few G's to get ya wooosy and passing out almost...

I dont think you pulled better than a 1.5 G.

course, if you had a BBSC, NOS, AND a JATO, you might hae pulled enuf Gs to get wooosy
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Sounds like low blood sugar to me.
wink.gif

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
1976 Honda Accord 5 spd, 3 door Blue/Blue
1977 Honda Accord - Custom - Under Construction
1986 Chevy Suburban
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

typical high performance car g-load is 1-1.5 max under braking.I would agree that the other factors seem the culpret but if it recures see a doc.

i get the same thing...it's tunnel vision from concentration and adrenaline, a "fight or flight" response, purely physiological.
eek.gif
at least that's what i tell myself, and i figure it will go away with practice...so, keep practicing!
biggrin.gif

------------------
dave
94 black/tan

It's not so much the G's that make you "woozy", as it is the disconnect between what your eyes are seeing and what your inner ear canal is feeling. Fooling your ears can take place at very low G levels...infact, they're easier to fool at low and constant G levels, such as a slow rolling boat.

G's will make you lose consciousness and woozy when they are in a direction and strong enough to drain blood from your head. Hopefully you aren't experiencing any high vertical G's in your car, or driving around fully reclined.

Back