• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do you feel safe in your NSX?

glad you finally got your car, I can still remember the day I drove an hour home after buying mine, wow what a feeling. I can also remember when the idiot ran a stop sign 2 months later and messed it up. Now I drive like no one see's me and it just comes natural, fast reflexes, always alert pheripherial vision.

BioBanker said:
What will make your car safer is a harness bar and some harnesses.

I would seriously hesitate to use a harness style seatbelt system on a street car without a competition-worthy roll cage. In an accident, harnesses will not allow your head and body to move as a ceiling or other objects collapse or come down on you, making fatal injuries more likely.

Unfortunately, adding a roll cage also means you should plan on driving with a helmet at all times, as even a minor accident can turn fatal due to head trauma from striking a roll bar.

Its a road that one ought not go down in a street car, imo.

Good Afternoon,

After having owned my NSX for about a year now, and having fawned over them for since January 1991 when it was rolled into a showroom where I live, I can tell you this car is incredible! I have a client of mine who has a Ferrari f355, and while his car is a little quicker than mine, tune-ups for him are $5k, for me about $750. In a year I have put 29K miles with no real problems. Mine came with a bunch of mods, so the only things I have added, was a carbon fiber dash kit, drilled/slotted brake discs (a must),and a bra. The only thing you will have to contend with is yahoos with Chevy's and Mustang 5.0's wanting to race. My standard line for them is, "Anybody can be fast, just buy an Old Chevy and soup up the engine, but not everybody can be exotic". And oh yeah you will get at least two thumbs up or "nice going nods" a day. And gas station stops usually warrant some conversation about the car. Get used to it, its a part of the exotic world we ride in! Enjoy your car!

Ebony NSX
Kerwin

Back