• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do you prefer Popup or Fixed Headlights?

Do you prefer Popup or Fixed Headlights?

• Popup

Votes: 83 64.8%
  • Fixed

Votes: 45 35.2%

• Total voters
240705_4125973546010_1168387056_o.jpg

265678_4125971625962_508618444_o.jpg

Sorry for the dirty NSX sans front lip.

I've owned both. And like both. The pop ups are more traditional for the times in the 80s and 90s and are classic. The fixed make the NSX more comparible to modern exotics IMO. If I had to choose one I couldn't. They are both beautiful NSXs and I still can't believe I actually own one.

they and the 8 series BMW are the best pop up lights with a very low profile.
^^^^^^^^ I agree :)
My take is:
pop up's = scalpel (looks sharp, aggressive and flows perfect with the body lines until you use the lights, then it's all over.)
fixed = butter knife (well butter knife yet modern look and when lights are in use they flow a gazillion times better than pop up)
With my pop up's I sometimes fell very Cinderelaish....ish..ish (sometimes trying to make it home before dark)

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
BATMANs NSX looks like a stealth fighter from 100 years into the future geez not blowing smoke here its badass.

Popup when down, because I like the streamlined look without having to look at huge headlights when not in use. :)

Ok, let me the first to say...neither.

pop-ups just look old fashioned, and a bit generic. Plus, they are heavier and more complex than fixed, and don't look that good when in the up position. So that leaves fixed headlights, except that the NSX implementation is UGLY. They look tacked-on, as if Honda spent the least amount of effort to integrate them into the overall design that they could get away with. Other cars have much nicer fixed headlights. This is the least favourite part of my car, and I wish there was some aftermarket option that looked better.

Pop-ups for sure. They fit with the car better, flow more with the original '90s lines. Bugeyes look silly to me. An uncharacteristic Honda afterthought.

Pop-ups.

I like the look of the NSX "sleeping" and "waking up" (as shown in many NSX video intros).

Fixed to me look, well, too fixed. Almost like the "overly-attached girlfriend" if anyone gets the reference.
Else, see here.

Will be honest though, I don't mind either. I just prefer Pop-ups!

Lucas

Both looks good in their own way! I was gonna update mines to the fixed lights but my girl was like, " no babe, yours light looks better than the new headlights." Lol :eek:

They both look great!

But in Australia, you'd be lucky to see fixed! almost like winning lotto LoL!

And as we are now heading on to 2014, flip lights are out and fixed lights are the modern thing

Flip only cause I have one and it goes well with the NSX - the original :)

Fixed looks smoother. The outer lines of the center recessed area of the hood on the pop-up version don't flow well with the hood's edge line next to the lights. Different angles. The square opening on the pop-up bumper looks dated too compared to the more shapely opening on the 02+ bumper. I have pop-ups but will convert.

I prefer the popups and not because I have one. If I had two NSX's (an 01 and an 02) sitting next to one another and was asked to pick (all things being equal) I would pick the 01 all day long. I know that popup headlights are retro but the NSX just looks so much nicer with them. More angular and chiseled where as an 02-05 looks all smoothed out (like a rock that's been polished over the years in a stream). I know the 02-05 NSX's are faster but I really don't need to go 177mph.

Back