• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do you prefer Popup or Fixed Headlights?

Do you prefer Popup or Fixed Headlights?

• Popup

Votes: 83 64.8%
  • Fixed

Votes: 45 35.2%

• Total voters
I would imagine pretty much everyone will prefer whatever they have.

My explanation for liking popups is because when I fell in love with the shape of the NSX, that was the one I dreamed about. So when you get older, do less stupid stuff, and get nostalgic about those old cars you never had, then those are the ones you buy. I still think the 1993 Mustang Cobra is cool, and it's because I remember seeing one almost every morning roll into the parking lot when I was in school. So if I was looking for a cobra, then even though the newer ones have huge improvements, I'd lean towards that old 93. Hence the popups for me.

Last edited:
I like both. I prefer the fixed but at the cost of conversion it won't happen. You can't recoop that kind of money down the road should you sell the car.

Popups and not because I own one, but because it's the "original". In my eyes that's how it was originally intended, the dream car for me was the early NSX, and when I finally acquired one I couldn't be happier. I don't mind the fixed, but there's something about those headlights tucked away that make the car look that much "sleeker" to me.

:wink:

attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't mind having a second NSX with fixed light. :smile:

I like both but I think the lower bumper of the fixed is a fail. So maybe I am changing the subject a little but the bumper goes with the headlights as a package so it seems reasonable to opine on it. Or maybe we should have a poll asking which front bumper is preferred.

The fixed headlight's bumper is more squared off on the sides which creates just way too much real estate there than the lower bumper for the pop-ups. The pop-up's bumper at least has the outer walls of the side vents recessed some which does a nice job of appearing to shorten the front overhang. And the fixed headlight's side vents sit low which makes the bumper seem expansive above them. Then you have the main intake which is another styling disaster. I think they tried to make it look mean to freshen the styling but instead, it looks like its frowning or pouting. Reminds me of a storm-trooper's mouth. Definitely looks much better when it gets the aftermarket lower valence extension.

Last edited:
I agree with Valkyrie, the 2002+ front bumper is not as nice as the 1991-2001. I especially like the front fog/driving lights and how sleek the front looks with the headlights down. But we can probably all agree the 2002+ rear valance is the way to go on all NSXs.

I like fixed on a lot of sports cars (i.e., C6 vs C5) but on the NSX i really prefer the popups. Looks more integrated, flows better....

I prefer popups because the the car was originally designed that way. The fixed headlights were added in to modernize the look and it does, but I don't think it flows that well with the car.

HOWEVER, if you go widebody, I much prefer the fixed headlights.

I have a NSX with the popup lights.
I especially like the silhouette of the NSX with the popus as seen from the side, the lines of the car are really elegant imho.

However, the fixed headlights give the NSX a much more modern look, they reduce total weight, improve aerodynamic performance.
So I think it's a toss-up for me. If the conversion to the 2002 look would not be so expensive, I probably would have done it by now.
(Still thinking about it though...).

I prefer popups because the the car was originally designed that way. The fixed headlights were added in to modernize the look and it does, but I don't think it flows that well with the car.

HOWEVER, if you go widebody, I much prefer the fixed headlights.

This! Don't mess with the original, Senna was a part of the original - nuff said. (-:

Fixed because it is more exotic looking. The only reason why everyone loves fixed is because it was out for 10 years and fixed is half that. Most people are stuck with it and if it didn't cost much everyone would convert if it cost $500 for example. I'm not saying it doesn't look good. I think it's a lot stealthier. However if you want to break necks you need an 02 front end

Not everyone loves fixed. I would have bought a fixed if that was what I wanted.

I wouldn't convert my popups to 02+ even if it's free.

Fixed because it is more exotic looking. The only reason why everyone loves fixed is because it was out for 10 years and fixed is half that. Most people are stuck with it and if it didn't cost much everyone would convert if it cost $500 for example. I'm not saying it doesn't look good. I think it's a lot stealthier. However if you want to break necks you need an 02 front end

Back