• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do you shiver when you pee?

Do you shiver wen you pee?

• Yes

Votes: 37 67.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 32.7%

• Total voters
For those that know what I'm talking about, then you already know what I'm talking about. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, some people (typically guys) will get a shiver when they pee. It's like an involuntary spasm or jiggle as if they were cold, that occurs some time during urination. I hear most guys experience it, and more frequently when they are younger, and that women do not. I have not heard of a conclusive or definitive explanation for it. Some say it’s the rapid loss of heat though urine causes the body to shiver, other say it’s some sort of instinctual response (to what I have no idea). All I know is, it allows me to say pee over and over again in this thread and this very important issue has not been brought up and discussed nearly enough. Please vote in the poll and provide your thoughts.

Oh geez we really have run out of things to talk about. For us non-shiverers is this a medical condition? Have you had it all your life or did it develop over time? :eek:

I have shivered when I pee my entire life. Although not every time I pee. Pay attention the next time you pee, especially one you've been holding for a long time. A lot of people have gotten so used to it, they don't even realize they shiver when they do. I've talked to a few people who only realized that they did when I told them about it.

Found this good article on Pee Shivers if you want to know more.

Last edited:
Only when I feel it on my leg.:biggrin: Sometimes the guys next to me shakes a little (this is for real - no joke). I'll ask him next time when he is in the next urinal. Maybe he has the pee shivers.

Last edited:
During my Pathology course this was discussed. The prognosis; ultimately you will lose your pee-pee and have to sit down to pee for the rest of your life. I don't know if there currently is a treatment available to prevent this prognosis. :frown:

Good luck.

Reminds me of this.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YxnWSrmObyQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YxnWSrmObyQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

A better, but similar :wink:, question would be:

Do you say "Oh God!" in blissful delight when you have an orgasm? :biggrin:

Yep, God couldn't be perfect without having a sense of humor, too. :biggrin::biggrin:

During my Pathology course this was discussed. The prognosis; ultimately you will lose your pee-pee and have to sit down to pee for the rest of your life. I don't know if there currently is a treatment available to prevent this prognosis. :frown:

Good luck.

Interestingly enough, it was also discussed in my thermodynamics class in college. It the determined that heat of rejection was greater in those that shivered because the mass flow rate was significantly higher due to a much larger unit. Those who didn't shiver just didn't have a large enough "pee-pee" (the technical term) flow enough urine to cause a shiver. :tongue:

A better, but similar :wink:, question would be:

Do you say "Oh God!" in blissful delight when you have an orgasm? :biggrin:

Yep, God couldn't be perfect without having a sense of humor, too. :biggrin::biggrin:

So what does it mean when I uncontrollably say "I believe in the theory of evolution and reject religious theology" when I orgasm? BTW, I have really long orgasms. :tongue:

No shivering when I pee.

However, I sometimes pee when I poop. :biggrin:

Pee'd four times today, intently observing to see if I would shiver. Didn't shiver once. Somehow it knew I was looking for it and therefore did not show up! Maybe it's some sort of action initiated by some sort of alien inside our bodies when we pee and by actually looking for it, it tried to hide its existence! :eek:

Pee'd four times today, intently observing to see if I would shiver. Didn't shiver once. Somehow it knew I was looking for it and therefore did not show up! Maybe it's some sort of action initiated by some sort of alien inside our bodies when we pee and by actually looking for it, it tried to hide its existence! :eek:

Funny how the world works like that sometimes, huh? You only notice some things when you aren't actively look for them. And if you do make a conscious effort to find evidence of them, you never really find it.

only when my bladder extends too much from being lazy to get out of bed in the middle of the night and wait til morning to pee..then it become the longest pee time ever, with shivering in the mid of it.

Back