• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do you want Nascar off of Speed TV?

Then sign up here
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/980222498

I am fed up with all this Nascar bulls**t that I think a petition will hopefully (after 25,000 sign up for it), remove any Nascar shows, races, or anything relating to Nascar in anyway, to be removed and to be placed on it own channel. It's bad enough that I turn on the TV and have to see Nascar 24/7, or Nascar tech, but to have shows everyday is revolting.

So please I ask you kind members of NSX Prime to join in and help me on my quest (anyone got any other thing to call it??) to remove Nascar off of Speed TV. Thank you for your time.

Dan

We need more F-1 news and coverage! :biggrin:

Also, if those who are on other car forums, if you have the time, place the link to this thread to spread the word! Thank you!

Personally, I don't understand NASCAR and I don't watch it but the fact is that it's a big money generater. And if it draws the commercials that pay the bills to put the shows that I do like on Speed... more power to it.

Besides... I just DVR the stuff I want to watch anyway so a grip of NASCAR nonsense doesn't impact me at all.

I'm all for taking Nascar and its associated talk shows off of Speed, but I'd say that there is not a snowball's chance that it'll happen. Its the road racing that us 'Mericans like. Its not going anywhere.... Not sure why anyone would think differently...

My friend actually looked into this and i guess speed channel is owned by NASCAR now. Thus, that is why its always nascar. I agree that they need to have its own channel and give us back the rally coverage. Awesome to see those guys push their cars the way they do.

I remember back in 2000 reading an article how about Fox's Murdoch wanted to buy Speedvision and transform this great channel into "NASCAR Tv". Back then, anything with an engine (or not) that could get up to serious speeds would be featured (airplanes, boats, skiers, name it !). Few years later, he succeeded and gave the masses NASCRAP Tv.

what are 25,000 signatures gonna do when millions tune-in every sunday ? :confused:

IMHO, the only real way to do it is get the NASCRAP sponsors to remove their endorsments.

Pacemaker Kid89 said:
Then sign up here
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/980222498

I am fed up with all this Nascar bulls**t that I think a petition will hopefully (after 25,000 sign up for it), remove any Nascar shows, races, or anything relating to Nascar in anyway, to be removed and to be placed on it own channel. It's bad enough that I turn on the TV and have to see Nascar 24/7, or Nascar tech, but to have shows everyday is revolting.

So please I ask you kind members of NSX Prime to join in and help me on my quest (anyone got any other thing to call it??) to remove Nascar off of Speed TV. Thank you for your time.

Dan

I dislike nascar as much as the next person, but I don't think a petition is going to help. Nascar is supposed to be the most popular motorsport in the US, and it generates a lot of money. Just because we don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't have a HUGE audience. Something like this may work better in Europe.

I have never heard of one of those petitions leading to any sort of change in what they're fighting.

Even if they did have an impact speed has just spent XX millions of dollars showcasing itself as the home of nascar, producing nascar-related shows, etc. - most F1 is on at odd hours anyway, as someone else mentioned I have a season pass on the DVR, and I am not impacted by nascar coverage in the least.

My ideal network would have a lot more roadracing, but nascar has significantly more of a following than the types of racing I am interested in - such is life.

Hey, I like NASCAR. An all NASCAR channel would be a good idea, not that I would watch it that much though. What I really can't stand is the hours and hours of the old car auctions, and the replays of them. It would be nice if more other forms of auto racing, or any other racing for that matter, could get some more air time. It is kind of like the history channel going overboard with the WWII stuff, it should almost be called the WWII channel.

I believe Nascar is the most popular sport in the US, not just most popular motorsport. Insane if you ask me. What is the big deal with Nascar? This is a horribly snobby northeast/west coast view I'm sure but I really don't know anyone in those areas that is into Nascar haha. Yet when I went down to South Carolina everything there was Nascar... and i mean EVERYTHING. Restaurants, bars, theme parks, go kart tracks, shops... whole different world. Shows do incredibly different different parts of the US are. I wonder what creates that difference tho. For example, I love to watch the rally races. They're so much more exciting to watch than cars on an oval and yet there's hardly enough interest in Rally in the US to get a couple races on TV.

This is what I would imagine/hope Speed TV would be like if there was no nascar.

1. More races on everything : More lawn mowwer races, more karting races, more coverages on GNCC racing (ATV endure racing).
2. A reason to upgrade to HD becuase of all the add coverage of F1, WRC, and SCCA racing.
3.Better shows relating to racing and car stuff (Redline TV, SCR...)
and finally: Their on demand service would duh, have no Nascar stuff, but play races that maybe dont have the time to be on TV durring the day.

After 2ish days about 14 ppl, I think it can get big

Yes, I'm optomistic.

But you can look at it from a Nascar P.O.V. and say that there would be noce racing with turns in both directions or no more auctions (which is kinda boring).

I did even better than getting NASCAR off of SpeedTV. I called my cable company and cancelled my service for SpeedTV entirely!!!

Actually, I just lowered my tier of digital cable and removed my Digital Sports Pack. That was the only way to get SpeedTV from Time Warner here in San Diego, and it included a lot of other sports channels that I never watched anyways, channels like Fox Pennsylvania, Fox Florida, Fox Ohio, Fox East Coast, Fox blah, blah, blah. And TW still doesn't include Fox Sports West 2. :rolleyes: Honestly, for me, there was very little on SpeedTV that I watched anyways, so I'm not gonna even miss it.

I was a NASCAR hater but then a friend took me to the Daytona 500 a couple years ago and I had a great time. I still wouldn't call myself a fan, but I've mellowed on the subject a lot. It was obvious from my weekend at Daytona that NASCAR fans are a community as much as anything else. I respect that.

I have no opinion on Speed TV, I'm not even sure I get that channel. Is it on DirecTV? I know my TiVo records 5th Gear and some muscle car shows for me but I never paid attention to what channel they came from.

The only time I tune in for NASCAR is when they are on a road course. It's funny watching them try to get those tanks around corners.

VampNSX said:
me and my GF hate nascar. its so lame and stupid.

F1 is what we like to watch.:smile:

F1 is so lame and stupid:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

It must suck to like a sport that is so hard to watch on tv, and I mean because it is just not covered very much here. Like people who love soccer, but there is just not much coverage on US tv. There's probably more golf on tv than there is F1 and soccer combined.

When I lived up north and out west I almost never got to see my favorite football team becasue they kind of suck and are from the bottom of the south. The only time I got to watch them was if they played a Monday night game.

To add more excitement for Nascar, they have decided to create a new series called the "Reverse Nascars". This time everyone turns right/clockwise.
Steve

Thank you for this post! Speed tv has just been worthless with this mindless circle driving. Anyone know when Top Gear will be back on Discover?

Back