• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

does a stock 91 nsx lug wrench fit on 00 model wheels?

Yes.

They both have 19 mm lug nuts. The only difference between the '91-96 lug nuts and the '97-01 lug nuts is that the former are painted black, and the latter have chrome finish.

nsxtasy said:
Yes.

They both have 19 mm lug nuts. The only difference between the '91-96 lug nuts and the '97-01 lug nuts is that the former are painted black, and the latter have chrome finish.

He's right, but its not paint.

I took my stock lug wrench and tried it on a nsx with '92 wheels and it fit fine. The wrench is too big to fit in the space to get around the lugs on my '00 wheels though.

sjones said:
I took my stock lug wrench and tried it on a nsx with '92 wheels and it fit fine. The wrench is too big to fit in the space to get around the lugs on my '00 wheels though.

It sounds like the outer diameter of the 91 lug wrench is too big for the lug nut cut-out of the '00 wheels. Are you sure the wrench is OEM?

zoomnsx said:
It sounds like the outer diameter of the 91 lug wrench is too big for the lug nut cut-out of the '00 wheels.
That's possible (in which case, I was mistaken in my original statement).

Remember, the lug nuts are recessed in the '94-01 wheels. On the '91-93 wheels, they appear to be recessed inside the plastic center caps, but once you remove the center caps, they are not recessed at all. So there's no need for the walls of the '91-93 lug wrench to be super thin like there is for the '94-01 lug wrench.

You know, this is a key piece of info for folks that have upgraded their wheels. Frankly I never used the stock lug wrench, just knew, as Ken origianlly states the 19mm size is common between them. So you need a thinner wall on the socket for the newer wheels. mmm....

LarryB

Jeff A said:
Here's a link to some 1/2" sockets that are thin walled and also sheathed in soft plastic so as not to scratch your wheels.
Although that's not a bad idea, you don't need a special thin-walled socket for the stock wheels; a standard 19 mm socket works fine. (The '91-93 lug wrench may not; I'll have to try it next time I take the car out.)

Back