• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does anyone have any ideas how to track down the 1st owner of a 1955 Austin-Healey

Well my next project car has made it way to my house. However, I would very much like to track down the original owner of this car. Why? Well, I would love to be able and get some pictures and just know the full story.

My father purchased this car about 12 years ago from the widow of the second owner. They had purchased the car in 1963 and lived in State College, PA. She stated that it was raced at Marlboro in Maryland by the original owner. I was able to find some information on the second owner and I thought it was most interesting, but haven't found anything that would lead me to the original owner.

The problem is that the destination was not recorded from the Healey factory. I have found that Hambro & Co. was the biggest distributer on the East Coast, but that hasn't gotten me anywhere.

Does anyone know if it worth doing a title search for records prior to 1963? If so any recommendations on what site to use. Most that I have looked at look like a scam.

Thank in advance for any ideas that you may be able to pass along.

Here is the car:
STBGHealey.jpg

Here is the info from the factory:
100MCert.jpg

Here is the obituary from from the second owner:
WilliamNystrom.jpg

WilliamNystrom2.jpg

Back