• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Double DIN Stereo, Speaker, and Amplifier Upgrade Just Completed!

I just got my '92 NSX back from the stereo shop.

Here is what we added:

Kenwood DNX-8120 unit (iPod, Touch Screen, DVD, Bluetooth, etc)

Rockford Fosgate 600-4 Amp. (back channels bridged for subwoofer)

Rockford Fosgate 10" DVC Reduced Depth Subwoofer (custom fiberglass enclosure)

Focal 165 KPS (SOS speaker mounts for doors and tweeter built into the windshield pillars)

Removed the ashtray and replaced it with controls for the RF amp.

RF amp. located on the passenger side of trunk to avoid power antenna.

Re-finished the console (I had some scratches)...installed custom cut double DIN opening. Color match and quality is factory. Ash tray door opens and closes smoothly.

All of work was done by Alex at Car Toys (Willowbrook store) in Houston. Top notch installer and very professional.

I hope to post some pictures in the next day or so. It really sounds great and looks incredible.

PS.....We also added the CT short shift kit, SOS window fix-it thingys, and lots of Dynamat while we were at it.

Attachments

• NSX Stereo 001.jpg
    NSX Stereo 001.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 124
  • NSX Stereo 002.jpg
    NSX Stereo 002.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 140
  • NSX Stereo 003.jpg
    NSX Stereo 003.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 141
  • NSX Stereo 004.jpg
    NSX Stereo 004.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 134
  • NSX Stereo 005.jpg
    NSX Stereo 005.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 177
  • NSX Stereo 006.jpg
    NSX Stereo 006.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 193
  • NSX Stereo 007.jpg
    NSX Stereo 007.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 202
  • NSX Stereo 008.jpg
    NSX Stereo 008.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Sounds like a nice system. I know the feeling of having it all buttoned up and modernized as I just had my system done too! Let's see the pics when ready.

Jeff

Yes....The shop fabricated the tweeter housings in the windshield posts and re-wrapped them with a matching color of vinyl.....Jim

Yes....The shop fabricated the tweeter housings in the windshield posts and re-wrapped them with a matching color of vinyl.....Jim

The only thing I cant understand is how come some people are able to use the ashtray area with a double din and some can't? is the modification necessary THAT difficult that most shops can't acomplish it?

SOS did tha gorgeous carbon fiber dash I remember and they said they weren't able to keep the door functioning. That kinda kills the whole thing for me unless I can find something to put in that area (engine start/stop button panel of switches for various electronics etc...)

Look at the picture that shows the right windshield pillar.....the tweeter is built into the pillar about 6 inches from the top of the dash. Perfect position! Crossovers are hidden in the kick panels for easy access. Jim

where are the tweeters pointed at and are you pleased with the location/setup of the tweeters?

The ashtray door issue is an interesting one. According to my installer it is a matter of keeping the unit up as close as possible to the ACU and the type of mounting bracket you either buy or build. He built mine. It is not a problem with a good installer....that seems to be the key. Jim

The ashtray door issue is an interesting one. According to my installer it is a matter of keeping the unit up as close as possible to the ACU and the type of mounting bracket you either buy or build. He built mine. It is not a problem with a good installer....that seems to be the key. Jim

i'm still looking for a good one that i can trust in south florida... where are you located? does anyone know of a good one IN south florida?

I think it also depends on witch double din is used and the size of it. Am I wrong?

The only thing I cant understand is how come some people are able to use the ashtray area with a double din and some can't? is the modification necessary THAT difficult that most shops can't acomplish it?

SOS did tha gorgeous carbon fiber dash I remember and they said they weren't able to keep the door functioning. That kinda kills the whole thing for me unless I can find something to put in that area (engine start/stop button panel of switches for various electronics etc...)

SOS has since addressed this issue. The new DF consoles have been designed to allow the ashtray door to clear without problems.

Back