• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dress for Napa Valley Grille?

Greetings all!

My wife and I are trying to figure out how to make this 2 week, 4000 mile trip to the Bay Area for NSXPO and squeeze all necessities into the NSX. I see in the packet that no jackets or ties will be required. I'm just wondering how fancy the Grille is, since it appears we will be driving directly there from Karting and Comptech activities in Sacramento.

Thanks for any advice, looking forward to seeing you there!

Dave

Hi Dave,

It all depends on the ambiance "you" want to bring to the diner table.

It is true that jackets are not required. But eating an exquisite dinner (and yes we tasted their menus it was great) with great service in shorts/T-shirts, sandals ...... well IMHO it just does not offer the same ambiance deserving of the reaturant and I am sure the ambiance also affects how the food will taste when one wears appropriate attire ......... A light jacket/wind breaker or sweater would be handy since we will be also using their outdoor patio for dinner, but definitely ties are not required. A nice pair of clean jeans with a sport jacket or sweater should be ok.

Just my $0.02 and all those who want to flame, spare it for the track ..... ;)

HTH

HTH - go fast junkie, HPDE expert, NSX guru - now add Fashion Maven and consultant to inturperting strange California ways :D

Good answer but I refuse to wear my best dress out of the house:p

Damn, I hate packing. The less to pack, the better! BTW, I'm planning to wear tennis shoes, jeans, belt, and a polo shirt. I hope I won't be the only one.

PHOEN$X said:
Damn, I hate packing. The less to pack, the better! BTW, I'm planning to wear tennis shoes, jeans, belt, and a polo shirt. I hope I won't be the only one.

NOPE:D

Re: Fashion Cop's watching

Super Sleuth said:
Just don't be the poster boy for a Carl's Jr. ad. :eek:
Hey, how did you find out about my real job! Guess they don't call you "Super" Sleuth for nothin' huh?
Super Sleuth said:
Oh and one more thing, where exactly is the top of your jeans relative to your knees? :D
Uh...thanks, but I'd prefer it if you keep your eyes above the belt! ;)

Full moon Friday October 10

keep your eyes above the belt!

Precisely. Hrant's concerned about what might be visible above the belt. :eek: Are you following me? Make sure there's only one full moon and it's the one peeking over the horizon and not your belt. :D

Incidentally, I think Hrant should buy a round for anyone dressed up like him in an ascot and smoking jacket. JMHO

Back