• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Driving from Hawaii to NSXPO to introduce my iLIFT Systems

I've driven the NSX almost 10,000 miles on this journey.
We are now in Vegas attending the SEMA show.
On Sunday we will leave Vegas and drive to Los Angeles or San Diego to meet with some Primers who are interested in seeing and trying out the iLIFT Suspension Lift System in person. After California, we will fly home to Hawaii around the middle of next week.

If anyone else would like to see the iLIFT System and try it out before the car is shipped back to Hawaii, please send me an email to: [email protected].

Steve how has the car run for you ....ie motor..ect?

Steve how has the car run for you ....ie motor..ect?

The car has performed very well!
I was a bit concerned about taking my 19 year old NSX on a 10,000 mile road trip but it proved to be up for the task. My cruise control unit went out a week ago but fortunately it's been cold enough that I don't need to use the AC.

I never tracked the track before and didn't know how it would handle at VIR with the numerous suspension mods.
I was pleasantly surprised at how balanced the car was in the turns. I entered one turn too fast (couldn't brake and down shift fast enough at the end of the long straight away) and the car recovered easily.

It's been a great road trip, but I am looking forward to being back home in Hawaii next week.

I arrived back to my home in Hawaii two nights ago. We had a great time driving across the county over the past 7 weeks showing the iLIFT System and meeting many old and new friends along the way. It was an adventure to see so many parts of the country that I've never been to before. The car performed very well considering that it is 19 years old. It even performed better than expected on its first time on a track at VIR. It's hard to believe that I drove roughly 180 track miles in 2 days. It was a great experience!
I have to get caught up on some sleep and a lot of paper work. I also need to get cracking and assembling the custom iLIFT(R) Intelligent Lift Systems that were ordered while I was travelling.

I'm attaching a few random photos of our journey below.

Here I am with the Hawk and his Silver NSX shortly after he got his iLIFT.
WP_20131009_028.jpg

We went into this hole in the ground and ended up taking an underground boat ride!!!
That was the first time I rode a boat UNDERGROUND.
WP_20131007_022.jpg

My friend's house I stayed at in Arizona... had to drive a mile on a dusty, dirt road to get there!
WP_20131103_005.jpg

Old Faithful..... That water is really HOT!!!
WP_20131023_055.jpg

That bison was so close that we could hear him chewing the grass.
WP_20131023_063.jpg

My stage coach in front of an old establishment out West.
WP_20131022_013.jpg

My poor dirty car!
WP_20131025_001.jpg

Beautiful time of the year to see trees changing.
WP_20131024_007.jpg

Did a photo session with NSXRAY's silver NSX right after it got the iLIFT treatment. His car is really low.
I wonder how he could drive on the street without a lift system.
WP_20131025_019.jpg

Thanks to everyone who shared their hospitality and friendship with my wife and me along the way.
It's the people we met and and the great relationships that made this trip most memorable and a "trip of a lifetime" for us.
It was a great trip driving over 10,000 miles across the country over the past 7 weeks.... and it's nice to be "home".

Last edited:
Back