• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

driving in heavy rain?

Does anyone have any problems when driving in heavy rain or through big puddles? I'm worried about the battery because it sits too low and I don't think the spare can shield it very well. I did a search but didn't get the answer I was looking for. Thanks guys!

Okie dokie. Guess it wasn't necessary to worry about. I just didn't want to get stuck in the rain...

Shouldn't hurt anything. Most batteries are vented, but the chance of getting any water in the vents is very small. Optima batteries are totally sealed. I dunno if they make one for the NSX, but it could be an option.

what in the gods name is this clown doing driving his nsx in the rain and through big puddles.

let me quess you also have a lift kit on it with what 26-28 inch swamp tires

pdt287 said:
what in the gods name is this clown doing driving his nsx in the rain and through big puddles.
Clown? Very nice. :rolleyes:

Cars are supposed to be able to handle a certain amount of rain and puddles. I expect the NSX will be just fine.

Reader beware - the following may be considered very offensive to some NSX owners!

Cars are meant to be driven. NSX's are cars. Therefore, NSX's are meant to be driven....in the rain, snow, ice and sun! Mine gets driven in all conditions, 12 months a year - even when I lived in Indiana. I even drove it from Indiana to my new home in Charlotte, NC in January during a snow and ice storm. It got really hairy driving through the mountains of Virginia and West Virginia with a thick layer of ice on the road. I nearly lost it several times, but finally arrived in Charlotte at 5:30 in the morning. It's a daily driver with over 100K hard miles on it. It looks like crap, but man is it fun to drive....all of the time. I can't imagine owning it and not driving it all the time. I have another car, but given the choice between a Jeep Cherokee and my NSX, the NSX wins out almost every time. Most people will probably disagree with my philosophy, but I just thought I'd throw it out there. Happy motoring.

Back