• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Driving to NSXPO - Which wheels/tires should I bring?

I’ll be driving from Austin to NSXPO and back. I’m debating which tires I will bring with me – weighing performance vs. cost of burning up tire on the open highway. I would like to have good performing tires for the events at NSXPO, but I hate to burn up good tire on the 2100 mile round trip. My options are:

A) Boulevard cruiser 17/18 Enkei with Yokohama ES100: These tires have good wear and don’t cost much, but have so-so performance – the heavy wheels don’t help either.

B) Lightweight 16/17 Zanardi with awesome Bridgestone RE010: This performs much better, but would cost around $160 more in tire wear just getting there and back on I-10.

It’s a pretty minor issue, but I welcome any feedback.

Actually, I do have a third option: C) Stock 15/16 phat-fives with the wonderful Yokohama A022: I think this has the best performance out of the three, but I don’t want to be laughed at (I know many folks don’t have the same love for these wheels as I). :D

Ojas said:
I’ll be driving from Austin to NSXPO and back. I’m debating which tires I will bring with me – weighing performance vs. cost of burning up tire on the open highway. I would like to have good performing tires for the events at NSXPO, but I hate to burn up good tire on the 2100 mile round trip. My options are:

A) Boulevard cruiser 17/18 Enkei with Yokohama ES100: These tires have good wear and don’t cost much, but have so-so performance – the heavy wheels don’t help either.

B) Lightweight 16/17 Zanardi with awesome Bridgestone RE010: This performs much better, but would cost around $160 more in tire wear just getting there and back on I-10.

It’s a pretty minor issue, but I welcome any feedback.

Actually, I do have a third option: C) Stock 15/16 phat-fives with the wonderful Yokohama A022: I think this has the best performance out of the three, but I don’t want to be laughed at (I know many folks don’t have the same love for these wheels as I). :D

Personally speaking your driving skills will make more of a difference at the track event than the tires on your NSX, just bring the *cruiser* set and that will be more than sufficient. It's not like you will be doing a race or Time Trial with your NSX at the track event.

Play with the tire pressures so that you get maximum treadlife during the drive and good gas mileage too :)

Have a safe drive to NSXPO05, and have fun :cool:

If you are a competitive guy and will auto-x the car then you know what your choice is,btw damn the tire wear,as yoda would say "consumable are they"Grip you must seek".

"Zanardi with awesome Bridgestone RE010"
(Thats exactly what will be on my car) :biggrin:
And I cant stay past Mon.........
No track time for me. :mad:

I would still go for the *bling* and cruise around Old Town Scottsdale/North Scottsdale on Friday/Saturday night after the NSXPO dinners and before finding a good place to relax for some drinks and check out the local scenery :) (guaranteed to be even better than Austin, TX), it will make your trip down to AZ that much more memorable and worthwhile :cool:

Myst, Axis/Radius, Suede, Drift, Martini Ranch, Devil's Martini, Sand Bar, Barcelonas, etc, etc, way too many places to check out over a single weekend :D

Lot's of other things to do down in AZ besides just laying down the smack at the track on Monday/Tuesday, might as well have the entire experience and enjoy it too!!

2slow2speed said:
I would still go for the *bling* and cruise around Old Town Scottsdale/North Scottsdale on Friday/Saturday night after the NSXPO dinners and before finding a good place to relax for some drinks and check out the local scenery :) (guaranteed to be even better than Austin, TX), it will make your trip down to AZ that much more memorable and worthwhile :cool:

Myst, Axis/Radius, Suede, Drift, Martini Ranch, Devil's Martini, Sand Bar, Barcelonas, etc, etc, way too many places to check out over a single weekend :D

Lot's of other things to do down in AZ besides just laying down the smack at the track on Monday/Tuesday, might as well have the entire experience and enjoy it too!!

While this aspect of the Phoenix area/NSXPO hasn't been promoted for obvious reasons, it definitely is a huge bonus! The dinner on Friday night at Macayo's is about two blocks from Mill Ave., right by the ASU campus. :smile: All of the clubs listed above are pretty SWEET, you can't really go wrong with any of them. Definitely worth checking out! There are many, many fine attractions in AZ. :biggrin:

May the BLING be with you.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.
2slow2speed said:
I would still go for the *bling*
That’s all I needed to hear. I shall be there - along with my bling. :cool:

Attachments

• bling-blang.jpg
    bling-blang.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Back