• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DYNO DAY @ Apex Motorsports 05/7/05

For those that missed last weeks Dyno Day, here's your 2nd chance :smile: .

Spoke to Steve @ Apex Motorsports and if anyone wants to do a Dyno Day on May 7th (Saturday).

3 Pulls @ $55.00
6-7 cars max.

For those un-modded NSX's this would be a good time to get a baseline :cool:

Post here if you are interested as this is a "Tentative event" (6-7 cars max for one day).

Last edited:
I'm in for May 7th...

Mike

Last edited:
hahaha, great, i'm in too! but i don't know how they can get my car on the machine now. i want to see the difference between a Comptech sys and DC sys. hehehe....:biggrin:

OHHH MANNNNNNNN!!!!!
D'oh

Wife has a realtor class that day... May 7th
what to do what to do.
let me find out if i can find a baby sitter.

amgnsx said:
OHHH MANNNNNNNN!!!!!
D'oh

Wife has a realtor class that day... May 7th
what to do what to do.
let me find out if i can find a baby sitter.

Just go and have Mita baby sit (J/K Mita :biggrin: ) remember once the 6-7 slots are filled the others will be lookie looks :biggrin:

So far we have 4-5 that ar interested.

juejaimon said:
:frown:

I'll be in the middle of the Atlantic that day..... oh well..next time..
we feel left out. :frown:

I'll be there! And...if I can get my clutch done before then I will go on the dyno as well.

steve (apex), are you throwing a BBQ this time as well? :biggrin: or how'bout we bring something for lunch?

spartan2-3 said:
For those that missed last weeks Dyno Day, here's your 2nd chance :smile: .

Spoke to Steve @ Apex Motorsports and if anyone wants to do a Dyno Day on May 7th (Saturday).

3 Pulls @ $55.00
6-7 cars max.

For those un-modded NSX's this would be a good time to get a baseline :cool:

Post here if you are interested as this is a "Tentative event" (6-7 cars max for one day).

Pardon me if this has already been discussed with Apex, but I'd suggest that you get a guarantee that they fix their A/F sensor on the dyno, as well as having the dyno calibrated/certified before your next dyno day. There were a lot of folks who were seeing really high A/F #'s (from 14:1 to 17:1) on their dyno runs when there was absolutely nothing wrong with their cars. I know of one person who had his dyno cut short last Saturday because of this.

Just a thought... :D

NSX-Tuner said:
Pardon me if this has already been discussed with Apex, but I'd suggest that you get a guarantee that they fix their A/F sensor on the dyno, as well as having the dyno calibrated/certified before your next dyno day. There were a lot of folks who were seeing really high A/F #'s (from 14:1 to 17:1) on their dyno runs when there was absolutely nothing wrong with their cars. I know of one person who had his dyno cut short last Saturday because of this.

Just a thought... :D

We are replacing the sensors this week. Keep in mind cars with Superchargers tend to run lean. I have already explain this to you in the AcuraZine forums.

We are going to re-dyno the CTSC CL once he comes back from Fresno.

randomharmony said:
steve (apex), are you throwing a BBQ this time as well? :biggrin: or how'bout we bring something for lunch?

How about a group lunch after the dyno or I can get Pizza or Sandwiches brought in if we all pitch in.

I'm too tired from the last BBQ :frown: and we are setting up for a Grand Opening on 5/14/05. Lots of stuff going on for us in May. We also own www.surpluscomputers.com and we have our Annual Parking lot sale in Santa Clara on 5/21/05 so my resources are tight that month.

makena88 said:
We are replacing the sensors this week. Keep in mind cars with Superchargers tend to run lean.

Although this may be true for some SC'd cars, but not all. My SC'd Acura CL Type-S was dyno'd at CompTech with a A/F between 11.5:1 and 12:5:1 across the whole RPM range. The other CTSC CL you spoke of was previously dyno'd at CompTech with similar A/F #'s as mine. There were other cars that weren't SC'd run on Apex's dyno that also had unreasonably high A/F #'s.

makena88 said:
I have already explain this to you in the AcuraZine forums.

Yes you did and I appreciated it, but I thought it worth mentioning it here on Prime too. I'm not trying to make trouble here but rather correct something I felt could have been corrected before the last dyno day. I would have expected that given Apex just took over the shop in Feb. and had a planned dyno day with a lot of cars that the dyno would have be checked out/calibrated prior to the dyno day.

When was Apex's dyno calibrated last and how was it done?

makena88 said:
How about a group lunch after the dyno or I can get Pizza or Sandwiches brought in if we all pitch in.

I'm too tired from the last BBQ :frown: and we are setting up for a Grand Opening on 5/14/05. Lots of stuff going on for us in May. We also own www.surpluscomputers.com and we have our Annual Parking lot sale in Santa Clara on 5/21/05 so my resources are tight that month.

Steve Pizza or sandwiches sounds good. We'll have to do a final count on who is in.

Gary, the Dyno should be up and re-calibrated on our Dyno Day.

NSX-Tuner said:
Although this may be true for some SC'd cars, but not all. My SC'd Acura CL Type-S was dyno'd at CompTech with a A/F between 11.5:1 and 12:5:1 across the whole RPM range. The other CTSC CL you spoke of was previously dyno'd at CompTech with similar A/F #'s as mine. There were other cars that weren't SC'd run on Apex's dyno that also had unreasonably high A/F #'s.

Yes you did and I appreciated it, but I thought it worth mentioning it here on Prime too. I'm not trying to make trouble here but rather correct something I felt could have been corrected before the last dyno day. I would have expected that given Apex just took over the shop in Feb. and had a planned dyno day with a lot of cars that the dyno would have be checked out/calibrated prior to the dyno day.

When was Apex's dyno calibrated last and how was it done?

Actually, all the mustangs we have put on the dyno (80% Supercharged) domestic are running correct with the A/F. But we are replacing the sensors anyway.

Romeo and I are planning to go to DynoSpot in San Jose to dyno are cars there, they have the same DynoJet. My car with the CTSC ran lean on our Dyno so I will get a 2nd Dyno over at DynoSpot to double check. I'll post results once I get back from there

makena88 said:
Actually, all the mustangs we have put on the dyno (80% Supercharged) domestic are running correct with the A/F. But we are replacing the sensors anyway.

Romeo and I are planning to go to DynoSpot in San Jose to dyno are cars there, they have the same DynoJet. My car with the CTSC ran lean on our Dyno so I will get a 2nd Dyno over at DynoSpot to double check. I'll post results once I get back from there

Could it be that the mustangs were runner too rich where the A/F sensor indicated normal? The SC'd mustangs I've seen always seem to be running too rich. Just a thought. Anyway, hope everything works out getting things working correctly. Sorry if I came across a bit harsh earlier. I originally thought about having my '05 NSX and '03 SC'd CL dyno'ed at Apex, but was scared away from what I saw last Saturday. But if you guys put it right, I may consider getting dyno'ed at Apex.

Also, are there any plan to install some large fans to provide needed airflow to keep engines from overheating; preventing degraded engine power output? This was the first dyno I've seen that didn't have any fans installed.

Dyno Results to Compare from DSR (DynoSpotRacing)

http://www.dynospotracing.com/acuradyno.htm

On the Modified 3.0 NSX 265HP but does not state what modifications were done.

Romeo you might want to call them as ask them what was done on the Modified 3.0 NSX.

Re: Dyno Results to Compare from DSR (DynoSpotRacing)

makena88 said:
http://www.dynospotracing.com/acuradyno.htm

On the Modified 3.0 NSX 265HP but does not state what modifications were done.

Romeo you might want to call them as ask them what was done on the Modified 3.0 NSX.

Steve thanks for the link, yes I'll call them and see what mods are on that car. Similar results with mine.

Cool. Another chance to check out the dyno. That's the same day as the club lunch. I'm not doing the dyno, but would like to observe. What time, so I know to plan before/after the club lunch?

Back