• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dyno'd Car Yesterday

I dyno'd my car yesterday on a mustang dyno. I know the mustang dyno puts out lower numbers than a dynojet. I did 3 pulls and they all hit 233rwhp. I have a 05 with 66k on the car. Are these numbers pretty close to normal for a car considering the year and miles. I considered the 10-12 percent drivetrain loss and I think I should be at about 250-260rwhp. Am I expecting to much? I have basic upgrades pride v2 exhaust, testpipe, arc intake, and sos duct scoop. Let me know what you guys think.

I dont think that sounds right. did they have a fan blowing into the side duct as when the car is moving that air is forced into the duct adding HP, not moving no forced air.

other will chime in that dyno their cars daily LOL

those numbers seem low ESP with the 3.2L motor with those mods. Lets hope it's a bigger loss on a mustang dyno than that.

I myself have a 92 that was bone stock that made 250whp 191wtq on a dyno jet and then did a custom 3" exhaust only and dyno'd again on a dyno jet making 261whp 198wtq.

Im hoping with I/H/E I can pull out around 270-275whp.

I had my bone stock 91 dyno'd at NSXPO in Las Vegas by Chad at Diving Ambition.
It came in at 225 rwhp which Chad and the boys felt was normal.
That would mean the driveline parasitic power loss on mine would be about 15% which I have read is also about normal.
Your 3.2 at 233 would be about right in my mind.
I've read lots of reports about stock NSX's dynoing at 245-260 but I'm sceptical.

Back